PDA

View Full Version : Damn the people who steal

Gaiter
03-17-2007, 09:07
This didn't happen anywhere near the AT, but I feel the need to vent:
As I'm getting ready to leave for a week long at section, I called my mom to check in with her, and she tells me that my little brother's truck was broken into. It was parked in church parking lot, he was there spending the night before a weekend backpacking trip near uwharrie. His radio and backpack were stolen and his window broken!!!! All his gear: GONE!!!. I'm sooo pissed off!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Lone Wolf
03-17-2007, 09:12
This didn't happen anywhere near the AT, but I feel the need to vent:
As I'm getting ready to leave for a week long at section, I called my mom to check in with her, and she tells me that my little brother's truck was broken into. It was parked in church parking lot, he was there spending the night before a weekend backpacking trip near uwharrie. His radio and backpack were stolen and his window broken!!!! All his gear: GONE!!!. I'm sooo pissed off!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

i know the feeling. some prick stole gypsy's bike from the side of our house a few nights ago. payback is a mofo.

hopefulhiker
03-17-2007, 09:30
My house and garage were burglurized.. They made off with about 3k worth of stuff. took my riding lawn mower... I guess I will buy a push mower to train for my next hike!

neighbor dave
03-17-2007, 09:33
:-? ya, like the current admin.:-?

Lone Wolf
03-17-2007, 09:34
:-? ya, like the current admin.:-?

george bush is great. cheney too. i just bought 1000 shares of halliburton..

neighbor dave
03-17-2007, 09:37
:-? time for this little guy:-?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee3L9BQQ4Gs

neighbor dave
03-17-2007, 09:38
:-? mmmm.... let's see 1000 shares at how much a share. :-?

neighbor dave
03-17-2007, 09:41
:-? hang in there!!!!:-?
http://money.cnn.com/quote/quote.html?symb=HAL

Lone Wolf
03-17-2007, 09:41
32. next election it'll rise

neighbor dave
03-17-2007, 09:42
:-? blood money!!:-?

Heater
03-17-2007, 09:43
:-? mmmm.... let's see 1000 shares at how much a share. :-?

Down .08

http://quote.morningstar.com/Quote/Quote.aspx?ticker=HAL

budman5
03-17-2007, 09:44
hey dave let's chip in for one of those monkeys for Hillary!

Lone Wolf
03-17-2007, 09:44
:-? blood money!!:-?

oh you're just a big hypocrite. quit your snivelin'.:sun

rafe
03-17-2007, 09:46
Halliburton says, Thanks, America. :rolleyes:

neighbor dave
03-17-2007, 09:46
:-? go with sumptin more stable:-?
http://money.cnn.com/quote/quote.html?symb=MFC&time=all

Lone Wolf
03-17-2007, 09:47
that's cool. i'm gonna buy 2000 more now.:banana

neighbor dave
03-17-2007, 09:48
hey dave let's chip in for one of those monkeys for Hillary!

:-? sir edmund doesn't need a monkey!:bse ;)

Lone Wolf
03-17-2007, 09:48
:-? go with sumptin more stable

like exxon/mobil and GE which i've had for years

neighbor dave
03-17-2007, 09:49
that's cool. i'm gonna buy 2000 more now.:banana
:-? mmmmmm..... how much you sellin' meth for these days down dere in dumasskiss anywho???;) :sun

neighbor dave
03-17-2007, 09:51
i know the feeling. some prick stole gypsy's bike from the side of our house a few nights ago. payback is a mofo.
:-? mmmm.... could it be the baaaad karma yer gittin' from the hallitosis stock???:confused:

Lone Wolf
03-17-2007, 09:53
:-? mmmm.... could it be the baaaad karma yer gittin' from the hallitosis stock???:confused:

no suc thing as karma or god. the wrath of wolf is a bitch.

moxie
03-17-2007, 09:53
My wife had her backpack stolen in New Zealand when she left it leaning against her one person tent in a national park while she slept. Imagine being 15000 miles from home and losing everything except what you had in your tent. The thieves threw away her airline tickets and they were recovered. Her passport, money, and credit cards were in her tent. Fellow hikers and the park rangers replaced alot of clothing and some came fron lost and found and hiker boxes. A kiwi outfitter sold her an excellent New Zealand made backpack for his cost. Thanks to the kindness of fellow hikers and New Zealand people she was able to finish her three month hiking trip. She did lose her camera, clothing, stove, headlamp, journal, a Gregory pack and all related gear.

Fannypack
03-17-2007, 10:06
My wife had her backpack stolen in New Zealand when she left it leaning against her one person tent in a national park while she slept.
in 1998 stealing happened at the Kirkbridge Shelter on AT (just south of Delaware Water Gap., PA) - there is a Retreat facility parking lot right behind the shelter...

Has anyone heard of this happening at this location recently?

superman
03-17-2007, 10:07
Wonder why the left has to use every venue to whine?
If I may get back to the thread...
I met a woman who thru hiked the AT. Not that I was interested in her personal finances but she couldn't wait to tell me that she'd paid for the whole hike with her credit card. Nice ...but her plan before she hiked was to run the card up as high as she could on the hike and then default on the card...which is what she did. It never occurred to her that the people who pay their bills wind up picking up her tab. So basically she's stealing from you and me.

Furlough
03-17-2007, 10:08
Halliburton says, Thanks, America. :rolleyes:

Interesting to note that KBR (Sustainment Contractor) first won the bid to provide sustainment activities for deployed US forces under a program put in place by the Clinton administration when the we (THE USA) were in Bosnia. They keep re-winning that contract based more on their ablility to provide first class support to US forces and less on political connections. They are doing a great job. I am quite thankful to the support they have provided me in Bosnia and now Iraq.

Furlough

Two Speed
03-17-2007, 10:22
:-? time for this little guy:-?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee3L9BQQ4GsDo you have any idea how much money you could make if you could rent that little fella out? The wrath of wolf may or may not be a beotch, but that monkey gets right down to business, don't he?

Thanks for the link, Dave. I needed the laugh.

rafe
03-17-2007, 10:31
I am quite thankful to the support they have provided me in Bosnia and now Iraq.

Be thankful, indeed. We've paid dearly for it.

Lone Wolf
03-17-2007, 10:32
Be thankful, indeed. We've paid dearly for it.

you paid *****t. you're an armchair wannabe spouting what you read in lefty newspapers.

rafe
03-17-2007, 10:42
Top 'o the morning to you too, LW. ;)

Lone Wolf
03-17-2007, 10:45
Top 'o the morning to you too, LW. ;)

yeah. happy irish day to you too, you lefty, liberal lackey.:)

neighbor dave
03-17-2007, 10:49
Wonder why the left has to use every venue to whine?
If I may get back to the thread...
I met a woman who thru hiked the AT. Not that I was interested in her personal finances but she couldn't wait to tell me that she'd paid for the whole hike with her credit card. Nice ...but her plan before she hiked was to run the card up as high as she could on the hike and then default on the card...which is what she did. It never occurred to her that the people who pay their bills wind up picking up her tab. So basically she's stealing from you and me.

:-? hey when you're an idiot, you're an idiot. even the right thinks it's all wrong. revolving door politics as usual down there.:-?

superman
03-17-2007, 11:32
:-? hey when you're an idiot, you're an idiot. even the right thinks it's all wrong. revolving door politics as usual down there.:-?

LOL, Maybe it's time for one of your happy pills. Your panties are all bunched.

neighbor dave
03-17-2007, 11:34

LOL, Maybe it's time for one of your happy pills. Your panties are all bunched.

:-? ha ha ha you funny!
another victim fallin' prey to the brainwashin' tactics of the village idiot:-?

peanuts
03-17-2007, 11:41
neighbor dave, this is not a political thread.....

TAKE IT ELSEWHERE!!!!!!:mad:

neighbor dave
03-17-2007, 11:43
neighbor dave, this is not a political thread.....

TAKE IT ELSEWHERE!!!!!!:mad:

:-? enough from the peanut gallery:bse

oldfivetango
03-17-2007, 12:48
I guess no one has figured out that the people who steal
are no different from your govenrment or all those people
sending you junkmail or calling you on the phone to sell
you stuff you don't want or solicit charitable contributions-
they NEED your money more than you do!That's why they
take your stuff.Imagine all the good it may be doing them
now that they have it:D But I had better not catch the
person who stole my boat............no way he is enjoying it
more than I did.
Oldfivetango

Desert Lobster
03-17-2007, 12:56
That trunk monkey is a hoot! Very similar in looks to LW!

DMA, 2000
03-22-2007, 20:34
When I was in Damascus my wallet was stolen by Chad Wayne Terry of Abington, VA. He spent my money, ruined Trail Days for me, and tried to use my credit cards (with only modest success before he got caught). He eventually spent some time behind bars...mainly for stealing some guy's gun and getting caught trying to sell it. But let it be a warning...Chad Wayne Terry of Abingdon, VA is a dirty thief. Avoid this man at all costs should you encounter him in Damascus.

Gaiter
03-28-2007, 15:24
Good news, we didn't think insurance was going to cover it, but it is!!!! So my brother won't have to use my dad's old gear for too long. (just glad my dad had that for him to use in the first place) had it been my car that was broken into, i would be out of luck.

Mother's Finest
03-28-2007, 16:04

Sorry LW, this one is not going to be as profitable for you as Exxon has and will continue to be. HAL does not have a whole lot of room left to grow, as they have shot their load already for the Iraq conflict.

I could be wrong though. Russian news agency is reporting US troops massing on the Iranian/Iraqi border.

down with all thieves.

peace
mf

Brrrb Oregon
04-02-2007, 16:23
My husband was climbing Mt. St. Helens back before it blew up, and had his crampons stolen, and I think a rope, too....at 10,000 feet. Luckily, someone in the group he was with had an extra pair along.

I'm not sure the thief wouldn't be liable to an attempted murder charge. Had the group caught up with him, though, there wouldn't have been any "attempted" about it. ("It was climbers on the glacier with ice axes, Miss Marple."