PDA

View Full Version : Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Jester2000
03-17-2007, 11:36
From Shane Cronan Colm O'Donnell to you and yours.

Also, to those Boston folks at whiteblaze, happy Evacuation Day!

I'll toast to your collective heath and have a wee sip of the quare stuff.

Slainte!

Lone Wolf
03-17-2007, 11:39
From Shane Cronan Colm O'Donnell to you and yours.

Also, to those Boston folks at whiteblaze, happy Evacuation Day!

I'll toast to your collective heath and have a wee sip of the quare stuff.

Slainte!

i got some fresh quare stuff this past week. will keep some for ye. skoal!
hey, ain't there a ****** parade in new yawk today? you goin' EZ?

peanuts
03-17-2007, 11:43
HAPPY ST. PATTYS DAY!!!

Lone Wolf
03-17-2007, 11:47
St. Patrick was born in Scotland by the way. And i'm a Scot.

neighbor dave
03-17-2007, 11:48
HAPPY ST. PATTYS DAY!!!

:-? this is not a religious website! take it elsewhere!!:bse

Lone Wolf
03-17-2007, 11:51

that's funny right there:D

SawnieRobertson
03-17-2007, 12:09
Are we not, the most of us, Scots? Including, I might add, those who descend from those Scots who moved to Northern Ireland before migrating to this blessed place?--KinnickinicThistle

Moxie00
03-17-2007, 12:19
Jester, It's a fact there were no redheads in Ireland before the vikings came. I know what used to be my red hair came from Ireland as did the red in your hair. The viking connection may explain some of our behavior. Happy St Patricks day. I jest wish the 18 inches of snow we got in Maine last night and this morning had been green. Oh well, when St patricks day comes spring isn't far behind.:dance :clap :D

SawnieRobertson
03-17-2007, 12:34
Jester, It's a fact there were no redheads in Ireland before the vikings came. I know what used to be my red hair came from Ireland as did the red in your hair. The viking connection may explain some of our behavior. Happy St Patricks day. I jest wish the 18 inches of snow we got in Maine last night and this morning had been green. Oh well, when St patricks day comes spring isn't far behind.:dance :clap :D

I would love to have the documentation for that claim. I always knew my mother-in-law had horns growing out of her brain.--FreeNowKinnickinic

Lone Wolf
03-17-2007, 12:34
I jest wish the 18 inches of snow we got in Maine last night and this morning had been green. Oh well, when St patricks day comes spring isn't far behind.:dance :clap :D

thank christ global warming is in effect, huh? otherwise you'd have 36 inches of white stuff

Jester2000
03-17-2007, 12:39
The viking connection may explain some of our behavior.

Also explains the founding of Dublin and Derry.

I won't doubt that you're a Scot, but as for Patrick, I'm afraid you've been misled, probably by other Scots. Formerly, Patrick was believed to have been born near the Severn Estuary, in modern-day Wales. Current scholarship suggests that he may have been from Cumbria, in Northwest England, which at the time was Welsh in language and custom.

Regardless, there was no country called Scotland at the time, just as there is no country called Scotland now.

Are we not, the most of us, Scots?

Um, no. Wait 'til St. Columba's day before making silly statements like this.

Lone Wolf
03-17-2007, 12:41
dude. put down the pocheen

Fannypack
03-17-2007, 12:50
HAPPY ST. PATTYS DAY!!!

those carpenters hit the nail on the head everytime.. way to go dave

emerald
03-17-2007, 12:52
The viking connection may explain some of our behavior. Happy St Patricks day. I jest wish the 18 inches of snow we got in Maine last night and this morning had been green. Oh well, when St patricks day comes spring isn't far behind.:dance :clap :D

Perhaps what we all could use right now is a wee bit more green!:D

Trail Yeti
03-17-2007, 12:53
I just got off work! And I'm off to a pub for a pint (or many)! Happy St Patty's to all! SLAINTE!
"may the road rise up to meet you, may the wind always be at your back, may the sun always shine on your face, and may your glass never be empty!!!" (I made up that last part)

Fannypack
03-17-2007, 12:58
dude. put down the pocheen
LW, I looked up "pocheen" online & got this page:
http://www.reference.com/browse/wiki/Poit%C3%ADn

r u talking about "Irish moonshine"??

Is "pocheen" the Billville spelling of Poteen ?

mrc237
03-17-2007, 13:56
'shine made from potatos---sampled some on my Ireland thru tour:)

mrc237
03-17-2007, 13:59
i got some fresh quare stuff this past week. will keep some for ye. skoal!
hey, ain't there a ****** parade in new yawk today? you goin' EZ?

All the sissy boys and girls are in the Marine Corp contigent, all wearing their greens. No I'm not going because they didn't invite me.

mrc237
03-17-2007, 14:02

Ya didn't have to tell us that, we all knew it because you're such a cheap bastid!!!

Lone Wolf
03-17-2007, 14:04
Ya didn't have to tell us that, we all knew it because you're such a cheap bastid!!!

i love you too ya prick ya.:)

mrc237
03-17-2007, 14:06
Dot's havin complimetary CB&C today?

Lone Wolf
03-17-2007, 14:13
Dot's havin complimetary CB&C today?

i highly doubt it. she hasn't in the past

mrc237
03-17-2007, 14:21
Must be Scotch! Gotcha again!!!

mrc237
03-17-2007, 14:27
dont make me have to come down there and give you a new yawk style 2 in the mourning St patriks day beating ya scottish prick ya and I better see you and gypsy in may!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LIGHTING BOLT

Trillium
03-17-2007, 21:23
Perhaps what we all could use right now is a wee bit more green!:DGreen is playing right now. Go GREEN!!! Beat the bastage tarheels!!!

SteveJ
03-17-2007, 22:51
Had corned beef and cabbage, w/ a side of horseradish for dinner here (I'm a mongrel - but family lineage does trace back to a boat from Scotland fleeing the potato famine)... also Guiness Stout as libation...my 17 y.o. enjoyed the G.S. (yeah, it is one of my favorite beers, LW!)! He's going to Germany in July for a month or so - figured I'd better start introducing him to the idea of drinking responsibly....

Cookerhiker
03-17-2007, 23:00

Hey, whatever you say about LW, I can personally testify that he ain't cheap. He bought me coffee when he shuttled me 2 years ago and I was paying MRO for the shuttle, not LW.

Happy St. Pats day all from a hybrid 3/8ths Celtic.

Moxie00
03-17-2007, 23:31
Everyone is Irish on St. Patricks Day.

Why aren't they-
Italian on Columbus Day?
French on Bastile Day?
Black on Martin Luther King day?
Puritans on Thanksgiving?

Must have something to do with drinking and fun::-? :banana

Alligator
03-17-2007, 23:59
A toast of Jamesons and a glass of Guinness to all!

Ron Haven
03-18-2007, 01:30
Everyone is Irish on St. Patricks Day.

Why aren't they-
Italian on Columbus Day?
French on Bastile Day?
Black on Martin Luther King day?
Puritans on Thanksgiving?

Must have something to do with drinking and fun::-? :bananaThe St Patty's party in Hiawassee at Cloud 9 was great.

insure ants
03-18-2007, 01:36
Saw some nice ass (female) at a St. Pattys' Day parade today.

bfitz
03-18-2007, 01:40
Is fearr Gaeilge bhriste, ná Béarla cliste, a mael gael!!!
(Broken Irish is better than clever english in the mouth of an Irishman.)

-bfitz
(Brendan Patrick FitzPatrick, son of Patrick FitzPatrick or Maguillah-Padraig, which is "bastard of the servant of Patrick")

Slainte everybody!

bfitz
03-18-2007, 01:45
.....my 17 y.o. ...figured I'd better start introducing him to the idea of drinking responsibly....What better day than St. Paddy's for that task?!:D

Jester2000
03-18-2007, 16:32
LW, I looked up "pocheen" online & got this page:
http://www.reference.com/browse/wiki/Poit%C3%ADn

r u talking about "Irish moonshine"??
Is "pocheen" the Billville spelling of Poteen ?

You are correct. The actual spelling is "poteen," but because gaelic is a silly language where the pronunciation is unrelated to the letters used, the way one says it is "pocheen" or "potcheen."

Billvillains, of course, do not endorse the manufacture, transportation, or selling of illegally made spirits.

bfitz
03-18-2007, 16:54
Billvillains, of course, do not endorse the manufacture, transportation, or selling of illegally made spirits.Something has to be done to get rid of them, though, and Billville are the guys to handle the problem...so drinking them is endorsed.

Jester2000
03-18-2007, 16:59
Well, we don't want anything dangerous lying around where children could accidentally get a hold of them. It's all about the kids, really.

bfitz
03-18-2007, 17:45
Well, we don't want anything dangerous lying around where children could accidentally get a hold of them. It's all about the kids, really.Yeah, I hate when the kids steal my booze. Little bastards.

Mags
03-18-2007, 21:34
I didn't wear green..I hiked to Green Mountain yesterday! (Trip report soon to be posted)..

But here's a sneak peak from the summit:
http://www.pmags.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_gallery2&Itemid=36&g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=15096

Beside's, the REALLY important mid-March ethnic day (http://riroads.com/members/stjosephsday.htm) is tomorrow (March 19th) . ;) [1]

(OK..not really. I'd rather drink a beer. But damn it, I miss zeppoli! )

[1] My brother, Joseph (Joey) was born on St. Joseph's day, in St. Joseph's Hospital and is named after our maternal grandfather. Joey drinks beer (and smokes Marlboros) on his birthday...no word of any zeppoli. :)

bfitz
03-19-2007, 00:05
I didn't wear green..I hiked to Green Mountain yesterday! (Trip report soon to be posted)..

But here's a sneak peak from the summit:
http://www.pmags.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_gallery2&Itemid=36&g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=15096

Beside's, the REALLY important mid-March ethnic day (http://riroads.com/members/stjosephsday.htm) is tomorrow (March 19th) . ;) [1]

(OK..not really. I'd rather drink a beer. But damn it, I miss zeppoli! )

[1] My brother, Joseph (Joey) was born on St. Joseph's day, in St. Joseph's Hospital and is named after our maternal grandfather. Joey drinks beer (and smokes Marlboros) on his birthday...no word of any zeppoli. :)

WOW! My brother Rory Joseph FitzPatrick (too many joes in the family to make it his first name...) was born on the 19th in Dublin Ireland.

Groucho
03-19-2007, 06:10

West or east Scotland? The Irish, Scotti, descendants are predominant in the W.

This may upset you (or not). :eek:
http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=1393742006

Funny, but I thought the Welsh (origin of my surname) would be the least Celtic of the non-Anglo-Saxon areas of GB.

Pacific Tortuga
03-19-2007, 11:40
Spent St. Patty's Day in Damascus. Had some pints at Dots w/Wolf then saw him and gypsy at the Mill for spirits and music. They were up cuttin a rug (and they say white men can't dance) The bands were good but the people of Damascus are great. L. Wolf is one bad mf and best to stay on his good side ....... if you can find it. :) I had a nice stay and hope to be back in May.