PDA

View Full Version : Squeaky coming out to play this year?

Darwin again
03-18-2007, 18:07
How now Squeaky? Record attempt this year? Or has his attention drifted to other distractions like Himalayan mountaineering or round-the-world bicycling or hot dog eating or girls? Do tell. :cool:

saimyoji
03-18-2007, 20:45
Warren had him "eliminated." :eek: :D

Desert Lobster
03-18-2007, 22:09
No sense to come all the way here and then have me lower his mark just days after his completion. Wouldn't that be deflating.

warren doyle
03-19-2007, 06:51
Nothing could be farther from the truth.

Desert Lobster
03-19-2007, 10:28
How about post #3?

TinAbbey
03-19-2007, 10:56
post #3 is an untruthtoid

lvleph
03-19-2007, 13:36
I don't know why so many are so hard on Squeaky. I applaud him for his effort. It is too bad he had the wrong footwear. I hope he does it this year.

saimyoji
03-19-2007, 15:22
Well, as far as I can remember, there was only one person who was against squeeky's attemp....:-?

1azarus
03-19-2007, 15:39
Saimyoji, I may be almost as obsessed with crossword puzzles and puns as with hiking... anyway, please forgive me for pointing out that attempt has just one more 't' on the end (would white blaze be looking for a spelling monitor?) anyway, I only point this out because 'attempt' could be re-written as:
'AT tempt', as in 'Appalachian Trail tempt'... which is what this thread is about -- tempting Squeaky to go for the record!!!

saimyoji
03-19-2007, 15:43
Saimyoji, I may be almost as obsessed with crossword puzzles and puns as with hiking... anyway, please forgive me for pointing out that attempt has just one more 't' on the end (would white blaze be looking for a spelling monitor?) anyway, I only point this out because 'attempt' could be re-written as:
'AT tempt', as in 'Appalachian Trail tempt'... which is what this thread is about -- tempting Squeaky to go for the record!!!

What you been smokin'?

emerald
03-19-2007, 18:07
'AT tempt', as in 'Appalachian Trail tempt'...

Thank you very much for pointing this out. I think eArThworm might enjoy your post about AT tempt. I like a slightly different variant, ATtempt, although I'm doubtful it's a word of much use as it would need to be used to begin sentences unless used in the manner I've used it already, wouldn't it?;)

ATtempts such as using ATtempt in a sentence are best limited to a single, short post. I wouldn't want to spend a day let alone months on such an endeavor any more than I could bring myself to eat green eggs and ham (or spam).:D

:-? Thank God! I just looked to see if this thread was straight forward and it's not.:o

Squeaky 2
03-19-2007, 18:58
i am still here folks. i have alot to update you about and not all good. just waiting to here back from a proposal that could mean me traveling the world attempting speed records of all descriptions.
the sub40 is still on and i will update when it will start.
all the best and happy trails!!

TJ aka Teej
03-19-2007, 19:03
Good to hear from you, Squeaky! Good luck, have fun, and I hope your adventures bring you back to Maine sometime!

saimyoji
03-19-2007, 19:17
Resurrectummed! (pun on that :rolleyes:)

Kick some A Squeeky.

GlazeDog
03-19-2007, 19:49
i am still here folks. i have alot to update you about and not all good. just waiting to here back from a proposal that could mean me traveling the world attempting speed records of all descriptions.
the sub40 is still on and i will update when it will start.
all the best and happy trails!!

I thought Squeaky was a 27 yr old male named Matthew from England, not a 48 yr old lady named Stephanie from England. Am I missing sometihng hear? Is this dis-information?

View public profile of Squeaky 2 for reference to my thinking.

Concerned,
GlazeDog

TJ aka Teej
03-19-2007, 19:51
We're all just figments of your imagination, Glazed :D

(S2 is Squeaky's Mum's WB log on)

Heater
03-19-2007, 20:16
I thought Squeaky was a 27 yr old male named Matthew from England, not a 48 yr old lady named Stephanie from England. Am I missing sometihng hear? Is this dis-information?

Concerned,
GlazeDog

Stephanie is his Mum and she'll kick yer butt if you diss her boy. :D ;)

The "Squeaky" logon name was taken when she signed on to WB.

:sun

GlazeDog
03-22-2007, 18:14
Ahhhh! That makes sense now. She should add something to her profile so the uninformed can understand her relationship to the hiking royalty Squeaky.

Not concerned anymore--
GlazeDog

p.s. just lookin' out for Squeaky's rep.

Squeaky 2
04-30-2007, 15:50
Stephanie is his Mum and she'll kick yer butt if you diss her boy. :D ;)

The "Squeaky" logon name was taken when she signed on to WB.

Thanks for updating the WB that I am Squeaky's Mum., I was not too sure how to log on when I was following Matthew (Squeaky) and I know it did get a bit confusing when people thought Squeaky was answering himself, but at least someone out there knew. Missing the WB as alot has been happening and I cannot wait until Squeaky goes for the sub 40 cause the WB will know I am back.

Will be reading all your enteries and catching up on all the hikes.

For now

Cheerio

Stephanie the 48 year old from England, aka Squeaky's Mum

Nightwalker
04-30-2007, 17:51

Concerned,
GlazeDog

I offered to give my wife's login of "Squeaky" to them, but haven't heard anything.

She got her nick by squeaking every time she trips or slips on the trail, which is lots.

Troll, she doesn't post here anymore, and told me around a year ago that you could delete her profile and give the sign-on to the Irish folks in question. :D

cannonball
04-30-2007, 18:02
The cheerio shot is classic. Very nice Steph.:banana

Marta
07-13-2007, 07:31
It occurred to me the other day that I hadn't heard anything about Squeaky attempting a fast AT hike this year. What's up?

Marta/Five-Leaf

Heater
07-13-2007, 07:36
It occurred to me the other day that I hadn't heard anything about Squeaky attempting a fast AT hike this year. What's up?

Marta/Five-Leaf

A baby. I think.

Marta
07-13-2007, 08:40
Ah. That does rearrange one's priorities. Best wishes to them!

Marta/Five-Leaf

warren doyle
07-13-2007, 11:09
Is it better 'to walk the walk' before you 'talk the walk', or is it better to 'talk the walk' before you 'walk the walk', or is it better to 'talk the walk' and not 'walk the walk'?

vipahman
07-13-2007, 11:55
I'd go for walk and then talk. But then he has already done that on other trails, hasn't he?

Mags
07-13-2007, 12:07
Perhaps it is better to congradultate someone on their new baby and just leave it at that?

Life is too short to make a joyous event a cause for a debate.

Heater
07-13-2007, 12:18
Ah. That does rearrange one's priorities. Best wishes to them!

Marta/Five-Leaf

I spoke from memory but it seems that the baby was not carried to term. Sorry. :(

But, Squeaky said:

"i have decided that it would be too soon for us to be apart for the summer and we would both very much like to spend it together in our new house.

my foot has still to recover and is at the moment preventing any training whatsoever. i am going to start intense physio to sort it out asap and give myself 12 months of hard training before an attempt in 2008.

due to the great support everyone has shown me here on WB and the hiking community i thought it only fair to be honest with my reasons for leaving another attempt until 2008. thanks again for your support and generous donations.

i do see things through that i set out to do and hiking the AT in less than 40 days will be no exception."

So, Maybe in August of '08, Warren Doyle will have to quit gloating (post #25) in the shadows of the delay brought on by this unfortunate event.

warren doyle
07-13-2007, 12:22
I wasn't 'gloating'; I was posing a question.

Heater
07-13-2007, 12:25
I wasn't 'gloating'; I was posing a question.

Sounded like gloating to me.

Did you know the reason why there was a push from '07 to '08?
Yes or No?

Mags
07-13-2007, 12:29
I spoke from memory but it seems that the baby was not carried to term. Sorry. :(

Ouch. That's sad.

Even more reason to not turn this into a debate.

warren doyle
07-13-2007, 12:33
"Sounded like gloating to me.

Yes or No?"

I know why I posed the question and it wasn't 'gloating'. But I guess we only hear what we possess.

The answer to your question (not that I see a connection with my original question) is No.

Heater
07-13-2007, 12:33
Ouch. That's sad.

You are right Mags.

Warren, don't answer the question and let's just drop it.

Heater
07-13-2007, 12:34
"Sounded like gloating to me.

Yes or No?"

I know why I posed the question and it wasn't 'gloating'. But I guess we only hear what we possess.

The answer to your question (not that I see a connection with my original question) is No.

OK.........

saimyoji
07-13-2007, 14:05
Ouch. That's sad.

Too late.

Go Squeeky!! :cool:

ferryman
07-14-2007, 15:45
Matt, What you achieved on the PCT, CDT and AT, all in one year was truly remarkable. Certainly a feat that few have equaled. (Maine to Georgia in about 72 days) You have nothing to prove to all those naysayers. Our hope, and I speak for many in the AT trail community, is that your health and the health of your family and loved ones remains the most important goal of your life. Best Wishes, Steve the ferryman