PDA

View Full Version : Ron Haven's April Fool's Bash

Gray Blazer
03-19-2007, 11:13
Hi all. I want to know more about Ron Haven's April Fools Bash In Frankin, especially since I took Ron up on his offer for vendors to set up for free. I did a little searching and it looks like it last for more than one day. Maybe someone can link us up to a website. Maybe this thread could become a source for bash info. When does it start? Is there a main location? What are some of the events? Will people be trading/selling used equipment (that's what I want to know, since I am interested in getting that WB winter makeover)? Hope to meet some of you there. You'll know me by my camo Gator hat, :sun the official AT hat this year in TN.:sun

Gray Blazer
03-19-2007, 11:15
You'll know me by my camo Gator hat, :sun the official AT hat this year in TN.:sun

On the AT that is.

galaleemc
03-19-2007, 13:51
http://www.appalachiantrailservices.com/forum.html

Gray Blazer
03-19-2007, 13:59
http://www.appalachiantrailservices.com/forum.html

Thanks. Looks like it is Saturday, Mar 31 and Sunday Apr 1. There will be live music, food, I know I'll be there vending/bartering. Where do you go? Is it spread out between the 2 hotels? Should you report to the Sapphire or the Budget?

Ron Haven
03-19-2007, 15:51
Hi all. I want to know more about Ron Haven's April Fools Bash In Frankin, especially since I took Ron up on his offer for vendors to set up for free. I did a little searching and it looks like it last for more than one day. Maybe someone can link us up to a website. Maybe this thread could become a source for bash info. When does it start? Is there a main location? What are some of the events? Will people be trading/selling used equipment (that's what I want to know, since I am interested in getting that WB winter makeover)? Hope to meet some of you there. You'll know me by my camo Gator hat, :sun the official AT hat this year in TN.:sunSapphire Inn is where we are having the bash.761 E Main Street (828) 524-4406 http://sapphireinn.net we are 2 short blocks to Budget Inn 433 E Palmer Street (828) 524-4403 http://havensbudgetinn.com We will be starting to gather Fri 3/30 5pm thru Sun 4/1 and all of you are welcome.

:welcome

Gray Blazer
03-19-2007, 16:12
What time would you say the festivities begin on Sat? I'm driving up from FL and I can't leave 'til 2 PM on Fri. It takes me 12-14 hours to get there. I am a slow Gray Blazer. I figure I can catch a sunrise at some summit near there and then sleep all night after Sat's activities.

Ron Haven
03-19-2007, 21:00
What time would you say the festivities begin on Sat? I'm driving up from FL and I can't leave 'til 2 PM on Fri. It takes me 12-14 hours to get there. I am a slow Gray Blazer. I figure I can catch a sunrise at some summit near there and then sleep all night after Sat's activities.We will have breakfast by 7am.I will be bussing most of the day bringing hikers in.The Band will be showing up at about 6pm.

digger51
03-20-2007, 00:44
Wish I could be there again this year Ron, but you know the story. Next year for sure.

Ron Haven
03-20-2007, 21:31
On the AT that is.If others want to set up as vendors you can.I just booked another band to play in early evening on Sat before the Waldroop band starts on Sat nite.Maybe we can have a hiker music talent in between breaks.Digger51 I hate you can't make it.

eventidecu
03-21-2007, 15:07
Where is everyone staying? Is there any camping or tenting stealth (el cheapo) style nearby? Ron what are the rates for staying there and or nearby?

Gray Blazer
03-21-2007, 18:50
Lots of free camping on the AT. You should probably call Ron at the hotel to find out rates

Ron Haven
03-21-2007, 22:46
Where is everyone staying? Is there any camping or tenting stealth (el cheapo) style nearby? Ron what are the rates for staying there and or nearby?I have space for tenting free.I may offend someone for posting rates but if you will call 828-524-4403.We give hikers the same great rates any time of the year.

:sun

Ron Haven
03-26-2007, 21:55
I have space for tenting free.I may offend someone for posting rates but if you will call 828-524-4403.We give hikers the same great rates any time of the year.

:sunsince this bash will be this weekend.I would like to boost this back to the top in case someone don't know about it.If anyone has questions call us at the numbers listed in these post.

Gray Blazer
03-27-2007, 07:34
since this bash will be this weekend.I would like to boost this back to the top in case someone don't know about it.If anyone has questions call us at the numbers listed in these post.

I'll be calling you tonight to reserve a room (if they are not already all taken).

Wonder
03-27-2007, 08:35
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=12209513&albumID=0&imageID=2462473

For those from the north east......it is your first stop for Yuengling Lager!
We were pretty psyched about it last year!

Wonder
03-27-2007, 08:38
http://myspace-001.vo.llnwd.net/00829/10/03/829553001_m.jpg (http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=12209513&albumID=0&imageID=2462473)

This worked better

Wonder
03-27-2007, 08:39
OK....I"m just not computer sabe

bfitz
03-27-2007, 11:04
Wonderfoot, can I stay in your room? I'm bringing you something very special.

Rain Man
03-27-2007, 11:07
since this bash will be this weekend.I would like to boost this back to the top in case someone don't know about it.If anyone has questions call us at the numbers listed in these post.

Ron, I won't be able to be there, but I want you to know that when my daughter Grass spoke of you in '04, there was a glow in her voice! So, even though I haven't met yet, you have a warm place in my heart for being so kind to her. As I recall, she had bailed out to Franklin for a couple of days due to snow and/or hurting knees. I think there's a photo of you in my gallery, that she took. Best to you!

Rain:sunMan

Wonder
03-27-2007, 16:22
Wonderfoot, can I stay in your room? I'm bringing you something very special.
Sorry man.....no can do.

Ron Haven
03-27-2007, 21:27
Ron, I won't be able to be there, but I want you to know that when my daughter Grass spoke of you in '04, there was a glow in her voice! So, even though I haven't met yet, you have a warm place in my heart for being so kind to her. As I recall, she had bailed out to Franklin for a couple of days due to snow and/or hurting knees. I think there's a photo of you in my gallery, that she took. Best to you!

.Rain Man,Some day when you can stop by.:welcome Also hikers around the NOC or even up to Fontana who might be intrested in attending the bash during this weekend,call us.

mweinstone
03-29-2007, 07:43
just got off the phone with ron and his wife. bash cancelled due to matthewski not being there. sorry folks. better luck next time. oh, and by the way? bash not cancelled. seems there was a misscomunication . thaught ron said bash cancelled . he actually said, the trash can smelled. sorry. its that thick mr hainy accent. i never know if hes selling me crop insurance or asking me if i wanna flop at his kins shore ranch. anywho,,have fun everyone!

travel tip:buy a crutch to fly with. youll plane and deplane first.no questions. ya dont even have to limp.

The Scribe
03-29-2007, 08:00
just got off the phone with ron and his wife. bash cancelled due to matthewski not being there. sorry folks. better luck next time. oh, and by the way? bash not cancelled. seems there was a misscomunication . thaught ron said bash cancelled . he actually said, the trash can smelled. sorry. its that thick mr hainy accent. i never know if hes selling me crop insurance or asking me if i wanna flop at his kins shore ranch. anywho,,have fun everyone!

That was clever

Gray Blazer
03-29-2007, 08:07
It was funny. I liked the Mr. Haney reference. He's funny. Did anybody notice him in Back to the Future part three? Matt, we'll miss you. I'm definately up for spending the night on the Gettysburg battlefield sometime. I probably wouldn't go to sleep.

mweinstone
03-29-2007, 08:28

travel tip:buy a crutch to fly with. youll plane and deplane first.no questions. ya dont even have to limp.

The Scribe
03-29-2007, 09:26
It was funny. I liked the Mr. Haney reference. He's funny. Did anybody notice him in Back to the Future part three? Matt, we'll miss you. I'm definately up for spending the night on the Gettysburg battlefield sometime. I probably wouldn't go to sleep.

My apologies then. I didn't get it.

Gray Blazer
03-29-2007, 09:40
My apologies then. I didn't get it.

You have to watch Green Acres.

attroll
03-29-2007, 09:50
You have to watch Green Acres.
Wow, now were all showing our ages if we can remember Green Acres.

Ewker
03-29-2007, 10:16
what is more funny is that Zsa Zsa Gabor or was it Eva Gabor actually did the role...really showing my age knowing that

Frolicking Dinosaurs
03-29-2007, 10:24
But it was the pet pig that made that show - and the girls from Petticoat Junction....

No dinos at the bash this year - will be in NW GA for a great-granddaughter's 4th birthday and then in Chattanooga area to check on elderly parents and aunt. Just got back from Chattanooga - why is so much warmer there?

Gray Blazer
03-29-2007, 10:25
Eva was Eddie Albert's wife. Zsa Zsa slapped the cop and her husband could be Anna Nicole's child's father.

galaleemc
03-29-2007, 10:36
Cloud9 Will be taking our guests up to the bash that are willing to make the drive up AS WE ARE ABLE TO Friday Saturday and Sunday nights.

eventidecu
03-29-2007, 13:33
galaleemc what are your tent rates for staying there? We are wanting to come to the bash but want to see your place too. Missed your St Patty bash but want to come see you and get some trout. The wifey has NEVER had trout and I keep telling her well go out somewhere and get some. If your doing shuttles that might work out. Also what are the shuttle rates and times?

Ron Haven
03-29-2007, 13:34
Cloud9 Will be taking our guests up to the bash that are willing to make the drive up AS WE ARE ABLE TO Friday Saturday and Sunday nights.Thanks,Laura and here is a link to my forum with a friends limo service who is planning to shuttle hikers from Fontana to the bash http://www.appalachiantrailservices.com/forum.html :D

Frolicking Dinosaurs
03-29-2007, 13:36
There may be a dino after all - the party got moved to the following week (child has the flu :( )

Gray Blazer
03-29-2007, 13:43
I'll be holding sunrise service on Wesser Bald Tower on Sunday morning. Dino, you can't have a great grand. You have to be old for that!

Frolicking Dinosaurs
03-29-2007, 13:52
Gray Blazer, we have 5.5 great-grands. Why do you think they call us dinos?

StarLyte
03-29-2007, 14:00
Thanks,Laura and here is a link to my forum with a friends limo service who is planning to shuttle hikers from Fontana to the bash http://www.appalachiantrailservices.com/forum.html :D

ha ha ha gotta love it ---
wish I could send you guys down a case of Cleveland microbrews......

love to all.....:sun

Gray Blazer
03-29-2007, 14:18
Gray Blazer, we have 5.5 great-grands. Why do you think they call us dinos?

I've got 14.5 grands, but no great grands yet.:sun

Lilred
03-29-2007, 15:38
just booked my room at the Sapphire. Only a couple of rooms left so get in their quick. I'll be coming from the Nashville area early Sat. Morning if anyone needs a ride.

Wonder
03-29-2007, 18:07

How does the drunk pic from my goodbye party keep ending up here!?!?!:-?
Tht dosen't even have anything to do with this thread

Ron Haven
03-29-2007, 20:52
ha ha ha gotta love it ---
wish I could send you guys down a case of Cleveland microbrews......

love to all.....:sunStarlyte,Wish you and Mathewski could join us.

Marta
03-29-2007, 21:11
Looking forward to it!

Marta/Five-Leaf

galaleemc
03-30-2007, 10:33
E....it is $10 per person per night to tent.
The shuttle is only "If/as WE ARE ABLE TO". If we have way too many people here to take care of here - hikers or fishing customers...we will go when we are able to. So there is NO set time. We definitely want to go three nights. You can always call us too 706 896 8959

galaleemc what are your tent rates for staying there? We are wanting to come to the bash but want to see your place too. Missed your St Patty bash but want to come see you and get some trout. The wifey has NEVER had trout and I keep telling her well go out somewhere and get some. If your doing shuttles that might work out. Also what are the shuttle rates and times?

K-Man
03-30-2007, 12:55
I am already at the Saphire in with about 10 other hikers that stayed last night. A bunch of us are taking zero's today and possibly tomorrow for this bash. It's going to be a BLAST!!! Yay Zeros.

crutch
03-30-2007, 15:06
The party starts at 5 tonight.....K.T.R., Wonder and myself have been cooking our butts off for the last 24 hours trying to get ready. I look forward to this time as much as last years, but on a sad note.....Chef Solace will not be joining the party this year, He will be missed.

Look forward to seeing you all thru the weekend.

Chef Crutch.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
03-30-2007, 15:09
I'm going to try to drive over tomorrow. Alas, I have to go to listen to a concert choir tonight. It is one of the hazards of being a grandparent.....

Fannypack
03-30-2007, 16:43
How does the drunk pic from my goodbye party keep ending up here!?!?!:-?
Tht dosen't even have anything to do with this thread

mweinstone is your friend, right?

I guess he just wants to show everyone what a wonderful person u are....

dixicritter
03-30-2007, 16:55
Our plan is to arrive sometime tomorrow as well, provided we ever get out of here today that is. :rolleyes: Again I say... Dang Army!! They are messing with our plans dadgumit! :mad:

OK I feel better now... :)

Lilred
03-30-2007, 18:43
We'll be arriving about two tomorrow. Can't wait to meet y'all, and see some of you again.

Skidsteer
03-30-2007, 20:19
I'll be arriving tomorrow afternoon sometime. Looking forward to it!

Marta
03-30-2007, 21:09
I'll be dropping in for a while tomorrow, then going out to hike. I've gotta get in some miles this weekend, or my Easter weekend hike in the SNP will be just toooo painful.

Marta/Five-Leaf

peanuts
03-30-2007, 21:24
ill be missing this bash....again:( so evryone have a great time! must post report and pics....:)

Skidsteer
03-30-2007, 21:32
I'll be dropping in for a while tomorrow, then going out to hike. I've gotta get in some miles this weekend, or my Easter weekend hike in the SNP will be just toooo painful.

Marta/Five-Leaf

Weatherman says you're gonna get raaained on. Might oughta stay for the party and we'll just do laps around the parking lot from time to time. :)

Marta
03-30-2007, 21:51
Weatherman says you're gonna get raaained on.

I'm pretty mean, but I don't actually melt when hit by water.

Skidsteer
03-30-2007, 22:03
I'm pretty mean, but I don't actually melt when hit by water.

Heh, Heh. Typical SoBo response.:D

Gaiter
03-31-2007, 00:53
i'll be down there sometime tomorrow, bringing 4 hikers from ms. janets, butch cassidy, sundance, and the brits (i'm forgetting their individual names, sorry) and there are a few more headed that way. save me a tent space

Gaiter

Ron Haven
03-31-2007, 07:53
i'll be down there sometime tomorrow, bringing 4 hikers from ms. janets, butch cassidy, sundance, and the brits (i'm forgetting their individual names, sorry) and there are a few more headed that way. save me a tent space

GaiterFriends,we are wide open.

solace
03-31-2007, 14:53
Hd to post a quick hello to all of you at this years APRIL FOOLS BASH from teh one guy that should be there, but is not... Ron Haven & I started this 3 yrs ago, and it's the best time going! Hats off to Ron for all that he does, and my best to Chef Crutch & KTR ~ thinking of y'all, and looking forward to the next time the wind blows my direction towards Franklin...
Happy 07 Bash everyone... many Cheers ~ SOALCE

Lone Wolf
03-31-2007, 18:03
sorry i missed it. i had WAAYYY too much fun last night at the old mill in town here.

Mountain Maiden
03-31-2007, 23:46

Gaiter

Delightful Brits---Fish and Chips--aka Brit A and Brit B :D

Sunny :sun

Ron Haven
04-01-2007, 00:24
What time would you say the festivities begin on Sat? I'm driving up from FL and I can't leave 'til 2 PM on Fri. It takes me 12-14 hours to get there. I am a slow Gray Blazer. I figure I can catch a sunrise at some summit near there and then sleep all night after Sat's activities.thanks, to all of you who came.

tallfran
04-01-2007, 02:26
So sorry I could not make it back for the Hiker Fool Bash. It was just too soon after St. Paddy's Day at Cloud 9 to go (In fact, I'm writing this from work at about 0230 Sunday morning). Give big hugs to everyone, and I'll see you in early May when I have vacation.

Granny Franny

mweinstone
04-01-2007, 09:07
now hike. all of you. hike like youve never hiked. hike off the whiskey, hike off the beer. hike out of hangovertown. hike on my dears!dont stop for ramman. dont stop for rice. get the hell out and dont be so nice. your scruffy your hungover your tired your wet, but your on your way now lets not forgett. tons of trail and some beer . they await your next stop so move on my dears. be nice to ron, a kiss to his wife, now put on your boots and sharpen your knife. its crappy trailfood youl get and that while wet. spam and a knife, in the rain ... thats your life. you chose the trail she diddnt pick you. move along now,....you need a good place to poo.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
04-01-2007, 14:16
I just added 8 pics from the bash to my gallery.

Ron Haven
04-01-2007, 22:19
now hike. all of you. hike like youve never hiked. hike off the whiskey, hike off the beer. hike out of hangovertown. hike on my dears!dont stop for ramman. dont stop for rice. get the hell out and dont be so nice. your scruffy your hungover your tired your wet, but your on your way now lets not forgett. tons of trail and some beer . they await your next stop so move on my dears. be nice to ron, a kiss to his wife, now put on your boots and sharpen your knife. its crappy trailfood youl get and that while wet. spam and a knife, in the rain ... thats your life. you chose the trail she diddnt pick you. move along now,....you need a good place to poo.I would like to say a special thanks to all who helped in making this such a great event and turnout,also thanks to all who came.

Marta
04-02-2007, 07:04
It was an excellent time! Thanks, Ron. And thanks to all the great cooks. And musicians. I really must bring better dancing shoes next time. Crocs are absolutely not the right shoes for dancing.

Marta/Five-Leaf

StarLyte
04-02-2007, 08:20
Great photos as always FD!

Hope everyone had a great time.

I'm diggin that shirt, Sgt. Rock :banana

See you all at Trail Days !

Rain Man
04-02-2007, 08:46
I just added 8 pics from the bash to my gallery.

FD, thanks so much for the photos! I especially like that you titled them!

dixicritter
04-02-2007, 10:10
I would like to say a special thanks to all who helped in making this such a great event and turnout,also thanks to all who came.

Thanks Ron for making it a great weekend, you and everyone who helped out! SGT Rock, the boys and I had a fabulous time! It was awesome for me to finally get to meet some of y'all face to face too!

Mother Nature
04-02-2007, 11:07
Smokestack and I had a blast! It was great fun seeing old friends, and meeting WBs and making new hiking friends. The music was excellent!

Thanks Crutch and TMK for the hard work preparing and cooking the great meals. Crutch, yummy potato salad.

And MAJOR thanks to Ronnie Haven and his family for making this such a great tradition.

Hikers that have missed this great event need to mark their calendars for next year!

MN

Skidsteer
04-02-2007, 18:16
Just uploaded new pics to my gallery.

I had a wonderful time.

Great food, great conversations. I'm amazed the amount of time and money Ron and crew put into this.

Thanks folks, this really is becoming a tradition!

Ron Haven
04-02-2007, 19:49
Just uploaded new pics to my gallery.

I had a wonderful time.

Great food, great conversations. I'm amazed the amount of time and money Ron and crew put into this.

Thanks folks, this really is becoming a tradition!Folks,I was so honered to have all of you there and meet new faces also.Maybe next year we can just as much fun.Everyone mark this event down on your next years calender as a must :D

Ron Haven
04-03-2007, 08:31
Great photos as always FD!

Hope everyone had a great time.

I'm diggin that shirt, Sgt. Rock :banana

See you all at Trail Days !maybe Attroll will stop in on the 2010 Bash :-?

solace
03-17-2008, 12:22
JUST 11 DAYS AWAY NOW... The 4th Annual APRIL FOOLS HIKER BASK IN Franklin, NC... MAKE PLANS TO BE HERE!!! Chef Solace & Chef KTR will be cookin it up bigtime with Live Bluegrass & country music each nite! We kick things off FRIDAY , March 28th at
5PM with great food ($5 donation) all you can eat :) Saturday, we start the feast at
3PM till-? with the band kicking it off at 5pm till 8 or 9.. it always ends up being TONS of hikers (past & present) catching up, making new friends & celebrating old ones!
RON HAVEN himself will be making some music with friends! IF YOU ARE CLOSE TO Franklin, we will be running shuttles all weeknd from WINDING STAIR GAP, ROCK GAP, WALLACE GAP to The SAPPHIRE IN where the Bash is held. ROOMS are still available, you can call & reserve (828) 524-4406!
Come be part of whats becoming the 1st festival of the hiker season!
HOPE TO SEE Y'ALL THERE!
Best Regards ~ Solace & KTR

attroll
03-18-2008, 00:32
maybe Attroll will stop in on the 2010 Bash :-?
There is a slight possibility that could happen seeing I will be leaving Springer around March 15 and seeing Franklin is only 107.6 miles form Springer. It all depends on how many miles I do each day. I am think I should be somewhere between Franklin and NOC around April 1, 2010. Only time will tell, it is still two years away.