PDA

View Full Version : Spring!

Midway Sam
03-21-2007, 14:04
Well, it's definitely Spring outside today. On my daily walk during lunch I could smell bloomin' flowers in the air and did my first "jiggy dance" of the year when I nearly stepped on a garter snake. I made two kids on the playground wet themselves they were laughing so hard.

woodsy
03-21-2007, 14:32
Hurray! It's spring indeed. Temps topping out @ 35 deg. Only three feet of snow left to melt here and it's got a really hard crust on top of it all, my poor eyes can't handle the glare.
Glad to hear spring will be working it's way north SOON. I want to shed my white cocoon and do some hiking.

Long feet
03-21-2007, 15:12
Hey,

My wife and I took a little walk after work yesterday at the closest state park, Rosaryville SP. We came across the most amazing find, hundreds of blooming daffodils in a little forest clearing by the parking lot. Someone had to have been dividing bulbs and replanting them for years, but in a really odd place. Anyway, welcome to a new season. Anything can happen. It feels kind of like Christmas morning. Enjoy.

Jesse

Pennsylvania Rose
03-21-2007, 15:19
I'm with you Midway Sam!!! My students here in Lexington were begging me to have class outside.

leeki pole
03-21-2007, 15:50
Pear trees have bloomed and dropped are now in their spring green finery. Red buds are spectacular and the azaleas and dogwoods are just waiting for their chance. When I walk my dogs in the morning, the birds are singing the praises of spring. What a glorious time! Wish I could be on the Trail!:sun

Tabasco
03-21-2007, 15:58
Penn Rose:

where do you teach in Lex? My wife is with FCPS too.

Midway Sam
03-21-2007, 16:00
Looks like we hay have enough folks for a KYRUCK!

Tabasco
03-21-2007, 19:09
Boo YAH!!!!! Sign me up

mudhead
03-21-2007, 20:00
I saw a turkey vulture today! While walking on ice, ice, baby.

woodsy
03-21-2007, 20:05
I saw a turkey vulture today! While walking on ice, ice, baby.

Ice, this state is glazed over like a birthday cake!:welcome to Maine, and SPRING:rolleyes:

dust never sleeps
03-21-2007, 22:24
Spring sucks. It sucks even more because you realize what's coming - summer, with unbearable heat and mugginess, and bugs biting every time you go out. The only good thing about Spring is that it's only 6 months away from Fall.

Heater
03-22-2007, 04:24
Spring sucks. It sucks even more because you realize what's coming - summer, with unbearable heat and mugginess, and bugs biting every time you go out. The only good thing about Spring is that it's only 6 months away from Fall.

So, only 6 months of the year suck for you? That must really suck!

I love all parts of the year for what they are and adapt. Works for me and I am happy 365.

:sun

rafe
03-22-2007, 07:21
Works for me and I am happy 365.

. . . . . . .

moxie
03-22-2007, 09:08
Celebrated the first day of Spring by riding my snowmobile. Drifts are over my head in some places. This morning we had freezing rain so there is a solid crust on the snow thick enough to hold my weight. If the first robin shows up I hope he can eat ice. Today I'm going to put om my snowshoes and go look for the first crocus.

mudhead
03-22-2007, 11:47
Saw the first chipmunk today! YeeHaw! Lots of ice here on the coast. Plenty of wind, too.

I am pretty fired up about "normal" temperatures for the next couple of days.

Freaking heat wave!