PDA

View Full Version : Mtn Hdwr Phantom vs. North Face Nebula

J5man
03-22-2007, 23:06
Does anyone have experience with the Mountain Hardware Phantom 15 (2lbs) sleeping bag? I am 6' and weigh 200lbs. Is this bag roomy enough for someone my size? I am also looking at The North Face Nebula which is bigger and roomier (3lbs). Is the extra weight worth the extra room?

saimyoji
03-23-2007, 00:55
Absolutely.

J5man
03-24-2007, 14:58
Does anyone have any experience with either bag? Is the Phantom a tight fit?

rafe
03-24-2007, 15:13
FWIW: I have the MH Phantom 45, regular size. I find it a bit tight around the shoulders. I'm not tall, so the height/length isn't an issue.

dloome
03-24-2007, 19:30
A slightly less roomy fit is a common characteristic of ultralight bags like the Phantom series. I'd reccomend finding a dealer who sells either and getting inside. Sleeping bag is a high buck item, so I'd check them both out as thoroughly as possible before purchase.

Remember, a roomy fit might feel nice on the floor of an outfitter, but it will be more space for your body to keep warm, and add weight. A closer, but not tight fit is more efficient in terms of warmth and weight.

That being said, I use the Phantom 32 and absolutely love it. Fan-freakin-tastic piece of gear. MH makes some very nice bags.