PDA

View Full Version : Worst Trail Names

ed bell
03-22-2007, 23:07
I've heard quite a few lately. Anyone care to add to the list?:-?

Bravo
03-22-2007, 23:13
I knew a kid on the trail called "Lil Bitch".

TJ aka Teej
03-22-2007, 23:26
"Ziplock"
If I remember right, it was a rainy night, she didn't want to go outside her tent, so she used a ziplock to pee in. Baggie failed during the night.
"Mooch"
I ran into this guy at a lunch counter in Maine (Jo-Mary?) sitting at a table with no food in front of him, watching his three pals (Smiling Dave? et al?) chow down. Puppy dog eyes. Hungry puppy dog eyes.
"Chance"
The long story of how he got his trailname took about 30 miles to hear.

rafe
03-22-2007, 23:30
"Ziplock"
If I remember right, it was a rainy night, she didn't want to go outside her tent, so she used a ziplock to pee in. Baggie failed during the night.

I spent a night at High Point Shelter (NJ) this last fall with a woman with the trailname "Spaghetti-O" -- apparently due to a dining incident (another "container failure") inside her tent. Some of the nobo class of '06 might know her.

ed bell
03-22-2007, 23:32
"Ziplock"
I really do not understand why one would bring that back inside the tent.:-? Great examples TJ.:sun

bfitz
03-22-2007, 23:58
Loser was actually one of my favorite trail names, so bad it was good. Never met the guy but read his register entries for a few months. He always signed like chapter and verse, like "Loser 3:16" in the registers.

Windwalker (self named, everyone called him tootsie-pop, drove him crazy till he liked it)

Donkey Punch (It's an Enron thing)

Smile
03-23-2007, 00:32
Pus Gut.
Or was it Pus Belly.
An incident brought about by a misplaced piece of poision-something in WV, June 21, 2005 on a nice young man hiking NoBo.
Ouch.

FanaticFringer
03-23-2007, 01:15
MILF. That one needs to be banned it's so bad.

freefall
03-23-2007, 01:26
Rat Puke, hiked in `06. He's a friend of mine but as much as we tried, couldn't get him to change it.

freefall
03-23-2007, 01:30
Pus Gut.
Or was it Pus Belly.
An incident brought about by a misplaced piece of poision-something in WV, June 21, 2005 on a nice young man hiking NoBo.
Ouch.
I remember reading his journal that year. He had some pictures up.

Moral of the story: don't find yourself in SNP on hike naked day!:D

warraghiyagey
03-23-2007, 01:44
How about Beater?
The first time I saw him he was sitting in the sunny afternoon shade of the tree at Shaws in Monson. The Dude and I sat to chat with him.
He was named after his t-shirt. . . aaaaand his t-shirt is named after something and after a few minutes I was just plane scared of him.
I believe he's about done if not or very close to Springer. Any updates?
Peace, Beater - PM me for proper congrats Dude.:) :)

Yahtzee
03-23-2007, 02:16
Vulture Chow is my all-time fav bad name.

Grim Creeper is a distant second.

warraghiyagey
03-23-2007, 02:24

Vulture Chow. That beats anything I've heard including on the PTHFD thread!:)

Heater
03-23-2007, 02:40
MILF. That one needs to be banned it's so bad.

Yep, I just posted on that one. I am surprised it has lasted this long. :eek:

warraghiyagey
03-23-2007, 02:47
Yep, I just posted on that one. I am surprised it has lasted this long. :eek:

I know, I can't sleep either. June 1st is in the paradox right now.
Too close and too far.:) :)

fonsie
03-23-2007, 04:33
Ok I used to go bye stoned bear.....not because I was a stoner. I ate 3 days of food like a stoned bear. I got a lot of people that judged me for having stoned in my trail name. So now I just go bye my nick name I have had since I was a baby, Fons. Don't go there about no dam happy days I got it because its in Al-Fons-o. The show did'nt air in Missorrie when I was a baby 31 years ago. My dad allready went bye Al .

mrc237
03-23-2007, 04:57
Chafing on his rearend earned one of my favorite hikers ''Monkeybutt''

neighbor dave
03-23-2007, 05:25
:-? chicken knees:)
then there's lone wolf!!:D ;)

Frolicking Dinosaurs
03-23-2007, 06:33
I camped next to a couple last year at trail days. The young man's name was Car-Bomb. He wouldn't explain the origin.

A young whipper-snapper tried to change the dinos names to Wimpy and Gimpy once as we were chowing down on some bodacious hamburgers in the backcountry. The female dino knocked some sense into the youngster with her cane. ( :D I am kidding, but I did consider it for a few seconds....)

totally Boagus
03-23-2007, 06:49
in 03 there was a young couple that whent by Snotrocket and Dingleberry.

Whats a young girl to choose.......

mrc237
03-23-2007, 06:55
Coolest names: Met a couple from Chekoslavkia in 95'. Chekmates! 96' Nexmo (couldn't wait till next motel)

Marta
03-23-2007, 06:56
Balls Deep was doing a 2-month section starting at Katahdin last year. He was navigationally challenged, so when he got to a reroute where some bog bridges had been submerged, he didn't dare try to follow the reroute because he would undoubtedly get lost. He thought to himself, "How deep could the mud be?"

When he was telling this story to the group, Grazer said, "That's your new trail name." And so it was.

He did find later that what is funny to a group of adults sitting around a campfire is pretty inappropriate when introducing oneself to a family with children.

Marta/Five-Leaf

mrc237
03-23-2007, 07:20
Balls Deep comes under cool names:)

Big Dawg
03-23-2007, 07:34
How about Beater?
The first time I saw him he was sitting in the sunny afternoon shade of the tree at Shaws in Monson. The Dude and I sat to chat with him.
He was named after his t-shirt. . . aaaaand his t-shirt is named after something and after a few minutes I was just plane scared of him.
I believe he's about done if not or very close to Springer. Any updates?
Peace, Beater - PM me for proper congrats Dude.:) :)

He was at hikerhostel near woody gap back on 3/02. I assume he finished the trail w/in a day or 2 after that.

Marta
03-23-2007, 07:34
Balls Deep comes under cool names:)

Yeah, it did kind of summarize his approach to life.

Jaybird
03-23-2007, 08:25
I've heard quite a few lately. Anyone care to add to the list?:-?

"Pisses-In-Wind"

"Sir Farts-A-Lot"

see ya'll out there Apr 25-May 6:D

moxie
03-23-2007, 08:33
I know of a a couple of trail names people were saddled with but hated. "Diamond Doug" carried a note pad and left notes all along the trail. A log crossing the trail at pack level would have the note "duck", and anytime he saw anything intresting he left a note for those behind them. He soon became known as "Diamond Doug, The Litter Bug". I really liked the guy and his notes but it was littering. A father and son team argued and fought their way up the trail. While they went by one set of trail names all the hikers refered to them as "Archie and Meathead", Once Meathead left the trail the father got his trail name back and still uses it today.

rafe
03-23-2007, 08:40
A log crossing the trail at pack level would have the note "duck"....

I remember one hike where that note would have been useful. My hiking buddy just about got a concussion. I was about 20 feet behind him and noticed the log and managed to shout a warning but the sounds left my mouth about two milliseconds before the loud thunk of his forehead against the log. Ouch. He was hurtin'.

Footslogger
03-23-2007, 08:41
[quote=totally Boagus;343805]in 03 there was a young couple that whent by Snotrocket and Dingleberry.

=====================================

Summitted with a hiker named SnotRocket in 2003 (October 9th). He wore ONLY a black jock strap during his summit ...a sight not soon forgotten.

'Slogger

Almost There
03-23-2007, 08:49
Sorry guys, but these are all for the most part pretty original and cool, to me stupid names are ones such as Gandalf, Hobbit, Frodo, Strider, anything with the word Turtle or Hobo in it. If you can say you have met several people with the same trail name.....then it's a stupid trailname. If they have to identify themselves as Turtle '05 because there are 4 or 5 Turtles every year.

Names like Monkeybutt, Balls Deep, etc. are cool because they stories associated with the naming is funny and they are original!!!

Best name I have read about so far this year is Golden Shower, if I remember correctly, he either was pee'd on or his sleeping bag was pee'd on by another drunken hiker.

weary
03-23-2007, 10:56
I always thought "Weary" was a terrible trail name. I inherited it from a 9-year-old grandson who walked 280 miles with me in Maine one August. He asked every through hiker he met to give him a name. One finally suggested "Weary Wanderer." Since he had trouble writing, I took to signing the registers as "The Weary Wanderers."

Two years later on the summit of Springer I made the mistake of using the same name -- which quickly got shortened to Weary.

Midway Sam
03-23-2007, 11:00
Best name I have read about so far this year is Golden Shower, if I remember correctly, he either was pee'd on or his sleeping bag was pee'd on by another drunken hiker.

That happened to someone else!!?!?!

I was on the lower platform at Gooch Mtn. shelter and a dude in the upper platform tipped over his pee bottle in the middle of the night. He never appologized.

:mad:

Lion King
03-23-2007, 11:11
Loser was actually one of my favorite trail names, so bad it was good. Never met the guy but read his register entries for a few months. He always signed like chapter and verse, like "Loser 3:16" in the registers.

Thats one name I gave out!

Still proud of that one...second night out for all of us, he had lost his spoon and his hiking buddy witin the same day, and some other stuff too I think...

saimyoji
03-23-2007, 11:23
Thats one name I gave out!

Still proud of that one...second night out for all of us, he had lost his spoon and his hiking buddy witin the same day, and some other stuff too I think...

So then by default, anyone who tosses out stuff they think they don't need along the first stretch of the trail should aptly be named a "tosser." :D

Midway Sam
03-23-2007, 11:24
So then by default, anyone who tosses out stuff they think they don't need along the first stretch of the trail should aptly be named a "tosser." :D

Or LitterBug.

Almost There
03-23-2007, 11:25
That happened to someone else!!?!?!

I was on the lower platform at Gooch Mtn. shelter and a dude in the upper platform tipped over his pee bottle in the middle of the night. He never appologized.

I would have beat the krap out of him, get out of the shelter and pee!:eek: That's not an accident, that's being selfish and careless!

DawnTreader
03-23-2007, 11:25
Balls Deep was doing a 2-month section starting at Katahdin last year. He was navigationally challenged, so when he got to a reroute where some bog bridges had been submerged, he didn't dare try to follow the reroute because he would undoubtedly get lost. He thought to himself, "How deep could the mud be?"

When he was telling this story to the group, Grazer said, "That's your new trail name." And so it was.

He did find later that what is funny to a group of adults sitting around a campfire is pretty inappropriate when introducing oneself to a family with children.

Marta/Five-Leaf

I remeber this reroute... I too did not dare follow, so I took the white blazes through the bog.. hahaha Balls deep.....exactly.. It was the sinking logs that got me.. Its all good though, I had fun, and got no leeches..

atbeatle
03-23-2007, 11:30
I dont know if this will qualify, but my nickname was Beatle Bailey, originally given because 'you looked like Beatle Bailey', but later explained it was given because I was the laziest guy to thru-hike the AT:rolleyes:

Rhino-lfl
03-23-2007, 11:32
Did some fishing with a guy who called himself 'poo maker' once /shrug

VictoriaM
03-23-2007, 12:21
He was at hikerhostel near woody gap back on 3/02. I assume he finished the trail w/in a day or 2 after that.

I stayed at Hawk Mountain shelter with him on 3/5 (I think). I'm sure he's done and home now. Very nice guy, and gave me some of the best advice I've ever heard.

Doctari
03-23-2007, 16:03
My favorite has to be "Ralph Underbush" for a man that "deposited" his oversized lunch under some shrubbery after eating said lunch.

Kant think of any other bad names, but I agree that ANY name from LOTR is WAY overused. I have met so many named "Frodo" as to be annoying, & I've only hiked 360 miles of the AT. Met 4 in 2000, on an 90 mile stretch :rolleyes:

Doctari, now there is a cool trail name :p

Sticks41
03-23-2007, 17:09
Met a hiker named 'Naked Son' who was struck by lightening, would have been a bad trail name if he was called 'Lucky'.

GlazeDog
03-23-2007, 17:11
I met a guy in '05 with the trailname Snot Rag. Guy had a permanantly runny nose and a big red bandana shoved to his face. The red bandana became quite crusty between washings at trail towns. Disgusting!

GlazeDog

WalkinHome
03-23-2007, 17:13
Towards the end of my hike met a guy and asked him his trailname. He replied, "Doesn't matter." I said (yep) What do you mean it doesn't matter?" He said that IS my trail name. I just walked away shaking my head-can you imagine how many times he is going to have to give that answer?

Sticks41
03-23-2007, 17:14
Hahaha, that's better than Poo Rag.
Imagine having the runs for 2100 miles.

MOWGLI
03-23-2007, 17:16

If it was me down below, that dude's name would have been MUD. :rolleyes:

Jack Tarlin
03-23-2007, 17:55
Fella I know got tired of carrying too much stuff and getting razzed about it by everyone.......so he went out back behind the shelter and BURIED all his unwanted gear.

Immediately became known as "Underground Radio" which is the best Trail name I've encountered.

Except for maybe "Dirty Little Barn Monkey."

Wonderful girl, too.

Marta
03-23-2007, 18:53
Towards the end of my hike met a guy and asked him his trailname. He replied, "Doesn't matter." I said (yep) What do you mean it doesn't matter?" He said that IS my trail name. I just walked away shaking my head-can you imagine how many times he is going to have to give that answer?

I met a long-time section-hiker called Never Got One. Has to explain that every time, too.

Spork
03-23-2007, 19:25
Back in college I used to hike with a guy we called Fig Pucker (both on and off the trail) who was so filthy he gave filth a bad name. Frankly, I think we were insulting the "figs"...

Hounoki
03-24-2007, 05:15
I didn't know about the trail names until I started reading these forums tonight. Does EVERY thru-hiker get one? I read that the reason is to distinguish between the person in their everyday life and their different self when they're on the trail. I'm hiking 1/2 the trail this summer and the next half on a later date due to college. Does this exclude me from ever being named? I wanna join the club!

PS Is it just me, or is it lame to be self-titled?

TOW
03-24-2007, 08:37
I ran into a group of college students out doing a week and all of them told me the trail names each had recieved from the group and if I remember correctly one of them said their name was " Giggling Barf Bag." Appearently the young lady was laughing so hard and uncontrollably while resting in her sleeping bag and threw up in it............

icemanat95
03-24-2007, 08:58

I met Grim Creeper...she didn't creep...she covered serious miles.

icemanat95
03-24-2007, 09:33
I know MILF as Moro Islamic Liberation Front...a separatist terror group operating out of the Southern Philippines.

The other meaning is mean spirited but typically military. Marital infidelity was regrettably common where I was in the Army in the early 1990s.

I think that any trail name you wouldn't be willing to tell your 4 year old kid is probably a bad idea. In 1995 there weren't too many really crass trailnames and most of those were amongst the youngest hikers. seems to be on a downward trend right now.

map man
03-24-2007, 15:11
I second the nomination of the couple that went by Dingleberry and Snotrocket. I'd call those names juvenile, but that's not really fair to juveniles:D . And Snotrocket doesn't even get points for originality -- I've heard of several who have taken that name.

Another pair of names that I would not call "worst," but I would call incredibly confusing: WhiteBlaze's own (they wrote an article on first aid kits) "U" and "Me." I guess when you see one on the trail you can yell out "Hey U," without being rude, but imagine the confusion if a bunch of you are sitting around a campfire and someone asks, "Who does this hat belong to?" and everybody points at the same person and says, "ME."

warraghiyagey
03-24-2007, 19:54

Thanks for the update. Still trying to reach him.:)

Moose2001
03-24-2007, 21:41
In 2001, hiked with a guy who named himself......Assface. Used to crack us up because he would always talk about himself in the third person.

Cookerhiker
03-24-2007, 22:30
In October '04 while doing a 2-week section hike in NC, I met a guy named Smelly Pig. He thought he'd remembered me from some previous encounter but was also a self-procalimed novice.

Just Jeff
03-24-2007, 23:25
...Assface. Used to crack us up...

I on't care who ya are, that's funny right thar.

ANHINGA
03-24-2007, 23:55
They weren't their real trail names, but we created superheroes out of "Acne Man," "Zit Woman," and their little dog "Pimples" for obvious reasons. His back was was pretty gross so he was aka "luncheon loaf" but it didn't have the anache of "Acne Man"!

bfitz
03-25-2007, 00:05
Went hiking one time and ended up pacing a group of high-school kids being led by a thru-hiker. Hiking along one day we were singing songs call and response style, and got into "Keep on Rocking in the free world" by Neil Young. Except for a few of them didn't really know the words all that well, and one girl sings out "Eatin' babies from a dumpster!" And then the response "Dumpster!" and the next response "Babies!" I immediately dubbed them the "dumpster babies" for their group trailname. Another good group trailname was the B.L.A.H.S. (the Black Lung Alcoholic Hiking Society).

walkin' wally
03-25-2007, 10:27
I met Grim Creeper...she didn't creep...she covered serious miles.

There is a photo of her in the coffee table book, "Appalachian Adventure" which was compiled by newspaper journalists from Georgia to Maine. Her name is Chris Warren.

Lyle
03-25-2007, 10:27
Met a young man this past summer named "Sleep Ninja". Apparently at one point he was sharing a bed with another hiker. He kicked and punched all night, eventually driving the other person from the bed. At least this is the story as I remember it. Not a problem when sleeping with another guy, may be hard on a wife tho...

TJ aka Teej
03-25-2007, 19:41
Does EVERY thru-hiker get one?
:welcome to WhiteBlaze, Hounoki!
Yes, pretty much all long distance hikers get tagged with a trail name sooner or later. If you interact with your fellow travelers, and don't intentionally remain aloof by avoiding social contact, you'll find making trail friends and companions quite easy - and a trail name will soon follow.

Papa Razzi
03-25-2007, 20:30
I met a southbounder in '05 who related an unsuccessful naming attempt. It seems he was taking a breather when a buddy came up behind him, covered to the neck with mud. His buddy was pretty pumped up about the ford he had just done through a bog, but a bit curious as to why he appeared to be the only one who was muddy. Spirits were dampened when the first hiker casually mentioned that he'd just followed the reroute over the beaver dam. Sadly, the attempted nickname of "Scuba Steve" never caught on, largely because his buddy started hiking faster so that he would be able to introduce himself before the incriminating tale could be told.

rickb
03-25-2007, 20:39
Did Bill Bryson have a trail name?

weary
03-25-2007, 21:03
Did Bill Bryson have a trail name?
It's my belief, based on the evidence of his book, that Bill never talked with anyone seriously on the trail. It's clear to me, based entirely on his book, that he never engaged in a serious conversation with anyone he met on the trail.

He did stretch a few casual conversations into a few steriotype imaginings. But nowhere did he talk about a trail that I experienced. He's obviously a talented writer. I've enjoyed many of his books, before and after "a Walk ..."

I even enjoyed "A walk ..." superficially, for its comic elements, while knowing full well, that these were jokes, not stories he had really experienced, or at best a writers imagination developed from hints derived from the trail.

Bryson did what everyone does who seeks to earn a living from writing. He took a marginal truth and expanded it into a lie in hopes that those who knew the truth would forgive him, or at least keep his transgressions secret.

Weary

Just Jeff
03-26-2007, 00:18
Bryson did what everyone does who seeks to earn a living from writing. He took a marginal truth and expanded it into a lie...

Aren't you a retired journalist? :D

The Doctor
03-26-2007, 09:34
I was recently given the option on a hike this past weekend from Amicalola to Woody Gap between "Medicine Man" or "The Doctor" this last trip with whitefoot (due to the overabundance of "MEDS" i bring on EVERY section hike). Are any of these common names? Should I stick with them? I was also thinking of just going with "Doc" or "Mediman". Perhaps a comination of the two would be ideal. ANy thoughts, suggestions?:-?

Gray Blazer
03-26-2007, 09:38
I was recently given the option on a hike this past weekend from Amicalola to Woody Gap between "Medicine Man" or "The Doctor" this last trip with whitefoot (due to the overabundance of "MEDS" i bring on EVERY section hike). Are any of these common names? Should I stick with them? I was also thinking of just going with "Doc" or "Mediman". Perhaps a comination of the two would be ideal. ANy thoughts, suggestions?:-?

Dr. Thru (instead of Dr. Who)?

The Doctor
03-26-2007, 09:41
I might take that one after I complete next years through hike!

Smile
03-26-2007, 11:25
Originally Posted by weary
Bryson did what everyone does who seeks to earn a living from writing. He took a marginal truth and expanded it into a lie...

That is not the case for all books, but more likely for fiction. Which I consider BB's book to be.

Either way, no trail name for him! :)

Hounoki
03-28-2007, 13:40

I think Medicine Man is definitely more creative than The Doctor. But have you considered...Sir Band-aid??

Kidding. Just kidding. I think.

What about Safeway?

Rhino-lfl
03-28-2007, 13:43
Went hiking one time and ended up pacing a group of high-school kids being led by a thru-hiker. Hiking along one day we were singing songs call and response style, and got into "Keep on Rocking in the free world" by Neil Young. Except for a few of them didn't really know the words all that well, and one girl sings out "Eatin' babies from a dumpster!" And then the response "Dumpster!" and the next response "Babies!" I immediately dubbed them the "dumpster babies" for their group trailname. Another good group trailname was the B.L.A.H.S. (the Black Lung Alcoholic Hiking Society).

I'll join that one ... do they have a website? Seriously, I'm an alcoholic smoking hiker.

Rhino-lfl
03-28-2007, 13:49

Dope pusher!
Dealer
Commander Cocaine
Stitches
Acupuncture architect
McCoy
Mr. Pharmacy

The list goes on ... I could actually wet my pants thinking of stuff lol.

Jim Adams
03-28-2007, 14:10
I was on Springer in 2006 and yelled over to Red Neck Rye," Hey red neck" and four other guys yelled "what?"
That was funny!

geek

Brrrb Oregon
03-28-2007, 14:55
I second the nomination of the couple that went by Dingleberry and Snotrocket. I'd call those names juvenile, but that's not really fair to juveniles:D

Um, no, I hang around with enough second- and third-grade boys to say that it's quite fair. If a phrase or joke has the word "snot" or anything remotely scatological in it, it is automatically hilarious.

The only thing that makes it unfair is that so many people go far beyond the physically juvenile years without growing out of the humor! :rolleyes:

HIKER7s
03-28-2007, 18:43
HIKER777

Named to "me" for being lucky over a long stretch o trail way in the beginning of my treks.

sounds like a number of a trail-magic taxi, dont it

Jester2000
03-28-2007, 19:36
[quote=totally Boagus;343805]in 03 there was a young couple that whent by Snotrocket and Dingleberry.

=====================================

Summitted with a hiker named SnotRocket in 2003 (October 9th). He wore ONLY a black jock strap during his summit ...a sight not soon forgotten.

'Slogger

I was there! That was nasty! Good photos tho'. . .

"Dirty Little Barn Monkey."

This is my favorite name ever.

. . .Does EVERY thru-hiker get one? . . .I'm hiking 1/2 the trail this summer and the next half on a later date due to college. Does this exclude me from ever being named? I wanna join the club!
PS Is it just me, or is it lame to be self-titled?

Yes it's lame. Yes you'll get a name if you want one. Not everyone wants one, and many times they end up being called "Just Jeff" or "Just Bob."

Another good group trailname was the B.L.A.H.S. (the Black Lung Alcoholic Hiking Society).

Ahh, the B.L.A.H.S. I knew them well. They did unusual things with their noses and whiskey.

Dr. Thru (instead of Dr. Who)?

More like Doctor Poo.

Robusto
03-28-2007, 20:12
I met a guy allergic to peanuts so he didn't have any in his GORP.
His trail name was "Nutless"

Tin Man
03-28-2007, 20:23
I named a friend, Green Fog. He was the Green Hornet type with a common trail ailment.

Turtle2
03-28-2007, 22:26
At Lake of the Clouds Hut in Aug 06 I met a guy named Sexy Nipples. I didn't ask!

Appalachian Tater
03-28-2007, 22:41
Tater. Appalachian Tater.

warraghiyagey
03-29-2007, 01:23
At Lake of the Clouds Hut in Aug 06 I met a guy named Sexy Nipples. I didn't ask!

I also met that guy in NH. Same reaction.:confused:

Heater
03-29-2007, 03:23
Um, no, I hang around with enough second- and third-grade boys to say that it's quite fair. If a phrase or joke has the word "snot" or anything remotely scatological in it, it is automatically hilarious.

The only thing that makes it unfair is that so many people go far beyond the physically juvenile years without growing out of the humor! :rolleyes:

Are you sayin it snot funny anymore? :D :D... :-? ...

Trailers
03-29-2007, 05:09
farting is funny though.

its scientifically proven.

Marta
03-29-2007, 06:43

There was a young (under drinking age) SOBO last year called Wasps Nipples. His brother, Beebo Fox, claimed the nipples looked like wasps. Given my age and gender, I did not ask for a look. Nips later changed his name to Big Ron.

unl1988
03-29-2007, 09:44
Rickb,

Good job in introducing the Bryson controversy into yet another innocent thread.

UNL

Outlaw
03-29-2007, 11:05
Rickb,

Good job in introducing the Bryson controversy into yet another innocent thread.

UNL

For once I would love to see a thread that doesn't get highjacked. This one is supposed to be about "worst trail names," which has been a real hoot to read!

I wish I had some good ones to share, but I don't. As such, I will refrain from doing any posting here of anything off topic. Hint, hint.:rolleyes:

mambo_tango
03-29-2007, 12:42
Rickb,

UNL

Didn't it kind of die out and you are now bringing it up again?:rolleyes: The people who replied to it didn't seem to mind and were not 'controversial' in their posts. :-?

Brrrb Oregon
04-03-2007, 20:35
This isn't exactly under "worst" or anything, but regards the guy named "Two Dogs" who recently started.

I used to know some guys that referred to each other in a similar manner....they would answer questions, "Yes, why do you ask, Two Dogs?", referring to the joke that ends "So, you see, that is how children in our tribe get their names. Why do you ask, Two Dogs F*****g?"

Any similarity there?

FanaticFringer
04-03-2007, 20:49
I was on Springer in 2006 and yelled over to Red Neck Rye," Hey red neck" and four other guys yelled "what?"
That was funny!

geek

What did you want by the way?:D

gypsy
04-05-2007, 16:20
Lone Wolf and I were talking about trail names the other day. He's heard some pretty good ones. Let's see... there was Goldfinger -who was a gynecologist, and some dude with a sound effect for his trail name. I don't know how to spell it, but it's the sound a beer can makes when you pop it open. Then I met some dude named God. I thought that one was interesting....

Sarcasm the elf
07-29-2017, 21:22
Nothing like raising a good zombie thread on a Saturday night :)

When I was on the trail a couple weeks ago the other hikers told me that I narrowly missed meeting a guy named "Who's asking?"

As in:

What's your name?
Who's asking?

tdoczi
07-29-2017, 21:27
Nothing like raising a good zombie thread on a Saturday night :)

and i thought i needed a new hobby.

Sarcasm the elf
07-29-2017, 21:38
and i thought i needed a new hobby.

May I suggest motivational speaker?

tdoczi
07-29-2017, 21:45
May I suggest motivational speaker?
ehh, too similar to my day job.

Venchka
07-29-2017, 22:29
Valley Girl and A-Game are currently on the PCT in Oregon.
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sarcasm the elf
07-29-2017, 22:34
Valley Girl and A-Game are currently on the PCT in Oregon.
Wayne

Is Valley Girl the burley guy that keeps getting pink blazed by unwitting hikers because of his name?

Venchka
07-29-2017, 22:39
A guy. A-Game is the female. Apparently they are a couple.
Wayne

cneill13
07-30-2017, 11:45
Salty Sack. I couldn't imagine calling myself that.

kestral
07-30-2017, 16:10
met a few years ago on an off trail

a gay couple , one gal is a bit "butch" while her partner is very feminine with an obvious and very generous breast augmentation. They go by Princess Aureole and No Man's Land.

I love over a good zombie thread too

SawnieRobertson
07-30-2017, 18:02
I remember one whose wife was asked if he would make it all the way.She answered with what became his trainman :No Chance," _

Riocielo
07-30-2017, 20:25
I met a guy in '05 with the trailname Snot Rag. Guy had a permanantly runny nose and a big red bandana shoved to his face. The red bandana became quite crusty between washings at trail towns. Disgusting!

GlazeDog

Oh my goodness! I have the exact same problem. My nose always drips like crazy when I exercise and I, too, carry a red bandana! Maybe my name should be "Dripper"! ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rocketsocks
07-31-2017, 20:19
"Made of Honor" a bearded wedding dress wearing conscientious objector who "Clingered" his way out.

perdidochas
08-01-2017, 15:01
I met a guy allergic to peanuts so he didn't have any in his GORP.
His trail name was "Nutless"

Wouldn't that be GOR and not GORP?

Ethesis
08-01-2017, 15:13
Makes me think of "sweet cheeks" who was bitten up all over one cheek.