PDA

View Full Version : Leaving for Georgia on Sunday

Hangman
03-23-2007, 15:15
Hello Everyone, I'll be leaving This Sunday for Georgia, starting on the Tuesday the 27th from the falls.I'll be in a hennessy hammock set up with hhss and also a nest under that to start out with.along with a 20 degree wm bag. will probally send bag home when the temps remain above 40 a night so nest will go from underquilt to top quilt with hhss under. Its been great reading all comments and nice to see a bunch of great people sharing with each other their passion for hiking, I'm starting out with a ground dweller(Sneakertramp) you can follow our journal at http://trailjournals.com/kencrest/ or look up sneakertramp and hangman over at trailjournals Hangman

hopefulhiker
03-23-2007, 15:17
Hope you have the GREAT HIKE!

Sticks41
03-23-2007, 17:11
Good luck.
And yeah, hope you have the GREAT HIKE.

Dances with Mice
03-23-2007, 17:24
Hello Everyone, I'll be leaving This Sunday for Georgia, starting on the Tuesday the 27th from the falls.I'll be in a hennessy set up with hhss and also a nest under that to start out with.along with a 20 degree wm bag. will probally send bag home when the temps remain above 40 a night so nest will go from underquilt to top quilt with hhss under. Its been great reading all comments and nice to see a bunch of great people sharing with each other their passion for hanging from trees, I'm starting out with a ground dweller(Sneakertramp) you can follow our journal at http://trailjournals.com/kencrest/ or look up sneakertramp and hangman over at trailjournals HangmanBe aware that Georgia's in a bit of a heatwave right now and the gnats are out early.

leeki pole
03-23-2007, 17:58
Be aware that Georgia's in a bit of a heatwave right now and the gnats are out early.

Dern straight, it's 85 today here. Skeeters too, so take some DEET.
Have a great hike, wish I was there!:)

leeki pole
03-23-2007, 18:01
Sorry, typo, meant 75...but you get the picture!

springerfever
03-23-2007, 21:16
Take it easy the first week or so....get acclimated to the terrain and decide on what gear to send home. Neels Gap just north of Blood Mountain is a great place to stay and recharge. When you get to the Smokies, whatever you do, DON'T pass up the side trail to Mt. Cammerer, just before decending to Davenport.

Oh.....and I hope you have a fantastic hike. I envy you !

Hopefully , I'll be following in your footsteps in a few years........

KMaha
03-23-2007, 22:20
Weather reports in our area report temps in the 80's with lows around 50. It will drop as the week goes on but still remain relatively warm. It should be beautiful. I go up Springer next weekend for 4 days. Looking forward to it. I will have just missed ya.

Sly
03-23-2007, 22:26
Heatwave today, snow tomorrow. Don't be lulled into thinking you can get rid of your cold weather gear so soon.

Have a great hike!

skeeterfeeder
03-24-2007, 04:30
Have a great hike. I wish I were going to be back out there with you.

Take lots of photos.

neighbor dave
03-24-2007, 04:46
:-? skeeteeeeeer!!!!!!! how's it goin'?
my buddy joey is on the first 30 miles somewhere!!:welcome

Lyle
03-24-2007, 12:00
Green with envy!!
Have a GREAT time.:sun

Newb
03-26-2007, 07:49
I'll be at Springer on the 13th of April. I'll take a 20 degree bag. It's all I have to use until the weather warms up and I use a fleece liner as my sleeping bag.