PDA

View Full Version : Looking for females who want to hike in 2008

reba
03-25-2007, 21:58
:p Hey women!!

My name is Rebecca, I am interested in hiking the trail in 2008, but I am interested in hiking with only women, sorry guys!

Originally from CT and living here until May 1st 2007.... I am moving out West and going on a road trip for six months with my boyfriend , going to do some cool *:"!@^! this summer, all the National Parks and mountains.... but I have always wanted to do the app trail..... :rolleyes: feel I will be ready in 2008 and am looking for some women to join me, possibly meet prior, and plan this thing out....:-?

if you are interested please email me and lets chat!!:clap

.....sorry ... i like the icons

RockStar
03-26-2007, 00:53
I'll be starting around March 15. I plan on going solo but, already am exchanging messages with a couple of ppl who will be starting then. I don't mind the thought of hiking with someone if we have similar hiking styles and itenerary. :o

krappold
03-26-2007, 02:33
Im planning to hike after i graduate, which might be in 08, but actually i doubt it. I might be in to hike a small section of it with you however. :-? If thats ok with you, keep me posted.

HapKiDo
04-04-2007, 21:39
When you get to Amicalola Falls State Park or Springer Mountain on the day you being your journey to Katahdin, it won't really matter who you've made plans to hike with, other than having gotten to know someone who's going to be on the AT at the same time you are. Everyone hikes at a different pace. Lots of times, you're 'solo' while hiking and then gather with a group (AKA "Tribe") at a shelter or camping spot. And Tribes change. You may take a Nero Day to get laundry done or a Zero Day due to injury. Your Tribe moves on and another one finds you where you are.

And you hike with them, reading Shelter Journals to keep up with the first Tribe. Then you find out that a few of your original group have left the Trail for one reason or another. The Tribe you're with decides to go into D.C. or NYC and you decide to hike on . . . and you find another Tribe.

The AT is a "community in motion." Never stagnant, ever changing, always the best time of your life meeting friends you'll never forget.

HapKiDo
2008 is a definite maybe:banana

Spirit Walker
04-11-2007, 01:48
Have you thought of trying to convince your bf to go with you? It's a good way to see how compatible you really are. If you intend to stay together long term, this is a very good experience to go through together.

frieden
04-11-2007, 01:53
Hey, reba, if you are coming out S. CA way, contact me for a hike. We plan on heading out mid-March 2008.

Lilred
04-11-2007, 09:06
When you get to Amicalola Falls State Park or Springer Mountain on the day you being your journey to Katahdin, it won't really matter who you've made plans to hike with, other than having gotten to know someone who's going to be on the AT at the same time you are. Everyone hikes at a different pace. Lots of times, you're 'solo' while hiking and then gather with a group (AKA "Tribe") at a shelter or camping spot. And Tribes change. You may take a Nero Day to get laundry done or a Zero Day due to injury. Your Tribe moves on and another one finds you where you are.

And you hike with them, reading Shelter Journals to keep up with the first Tribe. Then you find out that a few of your original group have left the Trail for one reason or another. The Tribe you're with decides to go into D.C. or NYC and you decide to hike on . . . and you find another Tribe.

The AT is a "community in motion." Never stagnant, ever changing, always the best time of your life meeting friends you'll never forget.

HapKiDo
2008 is a definite maybe:banana

Didn't know groups of people on the trail are called tribes. Is this a new thing?? Sounds too much like Survivor lingo to me.

Amy Drew
04-11-2007, 09:17
Go alone!!! There are so many others out there, keep your own pace....do what you want to do...go alone!!:rolleyes:

Dancer
04-18-2007, 18:24
I am heading out in 2008 but SOBO. I assume you are heading North. I respect the fact that it is your decision to hike with just women but I fear that that kind of segregation will detract from your experience. Some of the most polite, decent and respectful men I have ever met have been members of the hiking community, namely the Whiteblaze family. It's like having your father and brothers around. Don't limit yourself but as I said it is your hike. Good luck and hope to see you on the trail.

Julie

waffles
04-28-2007, 14:11
ill be flip-flopping and started down south first. U live pretty close to my grandparents, i do the turkey trot in Mancester every year. i dont think i've ever hated a race as much as that one, lol, it ruins my turkey feast afterward. anyways, i need someone to hike with as well. i agree with the other people who replied, saying that hike alone or go at ur own pace, but i dont like the idea of started off that way. im no introvert, and i like talking to people while i hike.
tell me more about what ur plans are, NOBO or SOBO? Flip-flopper? either way i will see u on the trail. let me know and maybe we can work something out.:)

Smile
05-04-2007, 06:24
Take a look at this site, for those not wanting to hike 'alone' NoBo.
Although you can always be alone whenever you hike, even when you're with someone. Just pick up the pace or fall behind a few hundred yards, or a mile :)
I think I'll post it as it's own thread as well so all can take a look.
http://henhike.com

StarLyte
05-04-2007, 06:45
Have you thought of trying to convince your bf to go with you? It's a good way to see how compatible you really are. If you intend to stay together long term, this is a very good experience to go through together.

Excellent idea! If even for a short hike.

You'll meet many women on the Trail. A variety is always a good thing. You don't know if you're compatible with someone until you hike with them ;) I have hiked with my own friends and ended up regretting it.

Make sure you do the Narrows in Zion when you go outwest. Might be too hot in Death Valley after May. Have fun!

1n the Sun
06-18-2007, 14:32
may I'll join you for a picnic lunch and a dayhike when you come through Bland, Giles or Craig County in Southwestern Virginia!!!!