PDA

View Full Version : In stores now...

Skidsteer
03-26-2007, 17:34
Kraft Easy Cheese (http://shopuncleharrys.dukestores.duke.edu/images/Nab%20Misc%209%2019%2005%20009.jpg) now has cream cheese in a can. No refrigeration necessary.

Survivor Dave
03-26-2007, 18:41
Hey Skids,

Got a weight on that?

I think the "spray nozzle" cheese can's gross weight is 11 oz.(8oz. net wt.)

That would be great.

Maguro

Survivor Dave
03-26-2007, 18:51
Skids,
Never mind. I had a temporary brain fart and didn't open up the link before I replied.

I expanded the pic but couldn't see the cream cheese marking.

Maybe I'm still reeling from that early Heineken Pot April Fools joke. HeHe

Maguro

Skidsteer
03-26-2007, 19:08
A full can of Easy Cheese weighs 10.15 oz - 8 oz. net weight = 2.15 oz. for the can.

Once empty, you make a stove from it and pawn it off on a newb.:D

Dances with Mice
03-26-2007, 20:20
Once empty, you make a stove from it and pawn it off on a newb.:DDon't laugh. I dug through some shelter trash at Gooch Mtn and made a Super Cat for someone who wanted to switch to alky.

The lineup of Sassafrass Mtn, Justus Mtn and whatever-the-hell that other peak north of Justus Creek is called caused a lot of serious packweight re-evaluation.

Skidsteer
03-26-2007, 20:43
Don't laugh. I dug through some shelter trash at Gooch Mtn and made a Super Cat for someone who wanted to switch to alky.

The lineup of Sassafrass Mtn, Justus Mtn and whatever-the-hell that other peak north of Justus Creek is called caused a lot of serious packweight re-evaluation.

I ain't laughin' too hard. I've made some.

So, where did you get the multi-tool with a hole punch? Or did you go old school and use a bow drill?

Dances with Mice
03-26-2007, 20:55
So, where did you get the multi-tool with a hole punch? Or did you go old school and use a bow drill?C'mon. You know every newbie has a SAK with that awl blade gizmo.

Skidsteer
03-26-2007, 21:00
C'mon. You know every newbie has a SAK with that awl blade gizmo.

And I bet it fit perfectly next to that brand new tent in your gear closet, you dirtbagger. :p

bigcranky
03-26-2007, 21:26

Maybe the climb out of Tesnatee Gap? Aaaaaack, thought I would croak.

Skidsteer
03-26-2007, 21:59
Maybe the climb out of Tesnatee Gap? Aaaaaack, thought I would croak.

That's a bit further North, but i know what you mean.

There's a positively gorgeous stretch of highway that bypasses that climb up to Hogpen Gap, by the way.

Dances with Mice
03-26-2007, 22:09
There's a positively gorgeous stretch of highway that bypasses that climb up to Hogpen Gap, by the way.But then you'd miss the cutoff to Whitley Gap Shelter.

Which just this year the GATC has equipped with hot showers, feather beds, free bar, massage therapist, Swedish suana, and a gourmet cook.

Or maybe just a new mouldering privy. One or the other. I forget.

peanuts
03-27-2007, 10:22
whiteley gap has a privy!!! hooooooraaaayyyyyyy!

Midway Sam
03-27-2007, 11:55
Kraft Easy Cheese (http://shopuncleharrys.dukestores.duke.edu/images/Nab%20Misc%209%2019%2005%20009.jpg) now has cream cheese in a can. No refrigeration necessary.

I found it at Kroger's today. IMHO, this is the most significant advancement in trail food since the introduction of the Ramen Noodle pack. My trail breakfast has been revolutionized! I LOVE THE KRAFT FOOD GURUS!

There's a positively gorgeous stretch of highway that bypasses that climb up to Hogpen Gap, by the way.

You can say that again! I did an "out an back" hike from Neels to Hogpen and opted for the road walk the second time. I actually refused a ride when someone stopped for me!

But then you'd miss the cutoff to Whitley Gap Shelter.

Which just this year the GATC has equipped with hot showers, feather beds, free bar, massage therapist, Swedish suana, and a gourmet cook.

Or maybe just a new mouldering privy. One or the other. I forget.

I spent a night at that shelter with positevely the oddest human being I have ever met. There is not a description strong enough to explain the amount of paranoia this poor soul lived in. He lasted about 10 mins. after my buddy and I arrived and then said "I can't sleep here with you guys" and packed up and left. I didn't fart or anything.