PDA

View Full Version : Dual Heading

Lugnut
08-24-2003, 15:25
Hey Attroll. What's up with the dual heading? I like it and also the fact that enthusiasts is even spelled correctly in the new one! :)

attroll
08-24-2003, 19:10
The dual headers were making very large headers for people who have there screen display set to 800 by 600 pixels. So I put it back to one header for now. I can see that I will have to make the text in the new header more crisper.

smokymtnsteve
08-24-2003, 19:47
Originally posted by attroll
I can see that I will have to make the text in the new header more crisper.

and a little larger please ...not all of us hikers are spring chickens ya know:D

dixicritter
08-24-2003, 21:56
Looks good ATTroll! :)

I agree the wording needs enlarged though, lol.

attroll
08-27-2003, 11:47
OK.
The header and new logo are as done as I can see. I can not think of anything more to do to it. I chatted with Rock last night and he suggested that I make the sky light on the bottom and darken it towards the top. So I did that with out making it to dark.

I have got in touch with a local company about making patches and bumper stickers. We are trying to make the title "An Internet community of Appalachian Trail enthusiasts" work on the patch. But the problem we are having is that it may not be legibale so I might have to enlarge it and split in it half and put "Appalachian Trail enthusiasts" as a second line. But I am working with them to try and avoid doing that.

I will keep everyone informed on what happens on this.

smokymtnsteve
08-27-2003, 12:36
instead of spilting into tow lines could you use
"AT enthusiasts"instead of "Appalachian Trail enthusiasts" ???

DebW
08-27-2003, 12:59
Hey Troll, love the banner. I don't mean to nitpick, but black writing on 2 dark background colors it a little hard to read (though my screen colors may not be identical to everyone else's). How does it look with white writing?

attroll
08-27-2003, 23:55
Wow. Your screen colors must be a lot different then everyone else's. The reason I say this is because on my computer and my girlfriends they look crystal clear. Hmmm. Don't know what to say. Does anyone else have the same problem as DebW?

Streamweaver
08-28-2003, 01:01
On my puter the banner appears rich(not real dark) blue at the top and green at the bottom and the black print looks great!! Just my opinion but I think the black looks alot better than the white would. Good job Attroll!!! Streamweaver

ga>me>ak
08-28-2003, 06:48
Looks great here..........Great job Troll

Kerosene
08-28-2003, 07:06
The royal blue "sky" is attractive and "WhiteBlaze.net" and the hiker stand out fine in black. The evergreen trees are a little subtle but attractive. They might stand out a little more if they were outlined in black or had black accents, but they're so small that it might ruin the effect. If you want to add a little more color, consider displaying the enthusiasts tagline at the bottom in a lighter color, like yellow. Regardless of these nitpicky suggestions, I like it. Thanks!

Lilred
08-28-2003, 07:13
The logo looks fantastic. I like how you outlined the whole thing with black. The words are much clearer than before and Internet is capitalized... woohoo.... Great Job!!

attroll
08-28-2003, 10:30
I tweeked the color blue just a little and removed the the darker blue at the top and made it all one color blue for the people who said it was to dark. I also raised the WhiteBlaze more towards the top. I hope this is better for everyone.

dixicritter
08-28-2003, 13:02
Looks great on my screen! Good job!

:)

DebW
08-28-2003, 13:18
Wow. Your screen colors must be a lot different then everyone else's. The reason I say this is because on my computer and my girlfriends they look crystal clear. Hmmm. Don't know what to say. Does anyone else have the same problem as DebW?

Guess I'm just an oddball. I use Linux and X-windows. I frequently find that photos look much darker on this machine than on a Windows machine. Maybe there's a way to modify the color map, but I haven't bothered to look for it.

Troll, are you planning to have patches ready for the Gathering? That would be cool.

attroll
08-28-2003, 13:35
Wow.
That would be cool to have them ready for the gathering. I forgot when that was. What is the date for it? I have not finished fine tuning the patch with the local company yet.

These are the following issues:

1. The sub title. Because it is too small and it may not be readable. If I enlarge it I will have to make it two lines. Then that means the patch will have to be larger. I am trying to keep the size of the patch down to 5" by 1". I don't want to make it a big ugly thing. I am working on one right now that may be a little different then the logo. I will post it when I get done. It may be after the weekend though.

2. After we get it fine tuned is that is has to go overseas to get made.

3. Money to get the patches done. I have not got a good quote yet but I am guessing between $ and maybe $4.50 per patch. I have to order them in the minimum of 50 patches. But the more I order the cheaper they are. I am doing this out of my own pocket to start with. Between paying for the web site and the patches and everything else needed in life I am tight.

4. Also trying to do this in my off time is not and east trick right now. I am working 12 hour days for the next couple of weeks because someone is out for surgery right now.

Seeing that they have to get sent overseas to be made. I don’t know if they would be back in time. I will see what I can do.

DebW
08-28-2003, 14:12
Wow.
That would be cool to have them ready for the gathering. I forgot when that was. What is the date for it? I have not finished fine tuning the patch with the local company yet.

October 10-12 in Hanover. That's Columbus Day weekend. If you need help financing the patch, just ask. I'm sure some of us could cough up some $$ to advance the printing. Thanks for your hard work on this site.

Lilred
08-28-2003, 17:45
Just a thought, maybe you could change Appalachian Trail to 'A.T.' on the patch, would that contain it to one line??

attroll
08-28-2003, 23:48
Yes I have thought about changing Appalachian Trail to 'A.T.' I have also thought about making it read like this: "A community of Appalachian Trail enthusiasts" or "A community of 'AT' enthusiasts". But I still don't know if that will be short enough. I just wish I could keep the whole line.

I want to thank everyone for your inputs. I am still taking inputs if you have ideas. Give it to me. LOL.

Lilred
08-29-2003, 00:11
Yes, maybe if you got rid of the word Internet and changed to 'AT' you might have enough room to enlarge the letters a bit more. Where do I sign up for a patch??

attroll
08-29-2003, 00:41
When I get it all done and fine tuned I will post the final look of it and start taking orders. I will let everyone know.

Tink
08-29-2003, 01:37
Way to go my Troll....ya know I want a patch and a bumper sticker when you decided to get them. Thanks Babe..!!

attroll
08-29-2003, 02:06
Ok. The logo at the top now is what I am going to bring to the company Monday and see if that will work.

Streamweaver
08-29-2003, 03:47
Now that JUMPS right out at you!! LOL Streamweaver

smokymtnsteve
08-29-2003, 10:02
LOOKS GOOD!!! where do we get the patch?

Baldy
08-30-2003, 10:01
Now that one is awesome.

attroll
09-05-2003, 00:11
Ok. This is what the company came up with that redesigned the WhiteBlaze patch and bumper sitcker. Lets hear what everyone thinks before I go into production?

Patch = http://www.whiteblaze.net/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=1349
This is 4" x 1 1/2"

Bumper Sticker = http://www.whiteblaze.net/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=1350
This is 11" x 3"

I am concerned about the word "Net". Should it stay or be removed?

I am also concerned about the color blue too. I will have to talk to them about it.

Tink
09-05-2003, 00:14
Hey My Troll, I want one of each please!!...Great job!!

smokymtnsteve
09-05-2003, 00:18
ATTROLL....I think the second net is not necessary....just a community of at enthusiast..(heck I kant even spell what do I know)...but the whiteblaze.net web address make is self explanatory... thanks great job!

Lugnut
09-05-2003, 00:47
I like them both, even though the hiker looks a lot like Kenny McCormick! :D
Do you have prices yet? Do we need to pre-order to satisfy a minimum order?

Streamweaver
09-05-2003, 02:53
I agree with steve ,the net really isnt needed cause the whiteblaze already tells em that. And just my opinion because they already do look great ,but I liked the dark blue better . Streamweaver

dixicritter
09-05-2003, 07:16
Adding my .02 in. Yep lose the second Net, it's redundant. I like either blue.

Looking good!

dixi

Lilred
09-05-2003, 07:23
I agree with everyone about dropping the 'net'. I liked the darker blue better too, but this one is fine. What happened to the second, lighter shaded hiker on the left? It gave the impression of the hiker advancing along the trail.

Let us know when we can start ordering....

attroll
09-06-2003, 14:16
I added another hiker to the patch. I figured we had one on it representing a south bound hiker. Now we need a north bound hiker.

Getting pretty close to having this complete. I am going in this week and going to iron out the prices and the colors. They said it would take about a month to get these in. So I don't think they will be ready for the Gathering next month. Bummer.

Does everyone think bumperstickers is a good idea? or should we just stick with the patches?

http://www.whiteblaze.net/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=1351

Lugnut
09-06-2003, 18:47
I like the idea of bumper stickers. They are probably cheaper and you don't have to sew them on! Really like your design too.