PDA

View Full Version : REBELYELL zeroing at standing bear

REBELYELL
03-28-2007, 13:08
I hear I just missed Blissful and Paul Bunyon.Got my food bag snatched off the bear cable at the Icewarter Springs Shelter, so I dogged it to here.I'm hiking great and having a great time hiking.Thanks to all you guys here at Whiteblaze for getting me prepared for my once in a life time adventure.All this sunshine is just the best.I guess us 2007 thrus got it made eh?:D

1Pint
03-28-2007, 13:12
.Got my food bag snatched off the bear cable ...

By a human or animal??

REBELYELL
03-28-2007, 13:16
By human,some shady guy hanging around the smokies.The Rangers got word and are looking for the #$%$#**% now Man that was a hard two hungry days hike to here

1Pint
03-28-2007, 13:19
By human,some shady guy hanging around the smokies.The Rangers got word and are looking for the #$%$#**% now Man that was a hard two hungry days hike to here

Sorry to hear that.:mad:

Ewker
03-28-2007, 13:50
wow, sorry to hear about your food getting stolen. Were there any other hikers who could have given you some food until you reached SBF or were you hiking alone at that time.

REBELYELL
03-28-2007, 14:42
Yeah I got alittle help but,I was still always hungry.Some more thrus have arrived and told me the Rangers know who,and where the bandit is.Also the father of a family out for a weekend hike got his stuff back by pointing a handgun at the guy and made him open his pack.Sure enough there was his stove and stuff.I'll just have to just write it off as a loss.I missed the new unopend bottle of Motrin the most,(I am 49 you see)and my knee was a humming because I pushed too hard to get here.Just way too much drama for me I'm glad to be clear of all that and back around the good folks agian.This place is great