PDA

View Full Version : This is Great

jmcgarrahan
03-28-2007, 15:17
I just wanted to post and say what a great forum this is. My husband is leaving Springer March 31, for his thru hike. Though we are regulars on Trail Journals, I never knew about this wonderful place and it's wealth of information. We hiked the Foothills Trail as our Honeymoon Trip, I think I can call myself more than a novice hiker now. But how did I not know about this place. My husband "low branch" will be out there with all you great people, look out for him.

Thanks again for a great place to find any and all info I could ever need.

Jen McGarrahan

little bear
03-28-2007, 15:20
:welcome to White Blaze.

TJ aka Teej
03-28-2007, 15:34
My husband is leaving Springer March 31, for his thru hike.

:welcome to WhiteBlaze Jen & Low Branch!
Have fun poking around WB, be sure to wander through the photo gallery, and poke around the Articles about maildrops and such.
You probably already know this; the ATC's 2007 ALDHA Thru-hikers' Companion is available for free online at http://www.aldha.org/companyn.htm
Enjoy!

Ewker
03-28-2007, 15:45
:welcome to WB..you're not going with him!!!

jmcgarrahan
03-28-2007, 15:46
No I didn't know it was free online. I ordered and pay for the companion...See still learning....:o

jen mcgarrahan

jmcgarrahan
03-28-2007, 15:48
No not this time, we have 3 children, so only one of us can take 6 months off from work at a time, our goal is for me to thru hike in 08 or 09. Then we will hike southbound together when we retire.

1Pint
03-28-2007, 16:18
Sounds like a great plan! Good luck as the supporter back home, and :welcome to WhiteBlaze.