PDA

View Full Version : 4 oz. Tuna Cups

Newb
03-28-2007, 15:23
I found a new tuna package in the store yesterday...little 4 oz. tuna in cups with peel back tops. it's the perfect amount for 1 taco. :banana

eventidecu
03-31-2007, 18:32
I found a salmon one at wal mart in "mango" and BBq. (.72 cents) I tried the bbq today but it was "just ok" it was eatable and would prob be good on a long day but it needs crackers to be enjoyable. Where did you find a tuna one?

Joshrm78
03-31-2007, 20:11
I love the tuna steaks and chicken breast in the foil package. tastes great got a bunch on sale at the PX for a buck each

Rebel, with a Cause!
03-31-2007, 23:08
Hey Josh my wife just brought home a few packs of those also. 2 of them are BBQ flavored. Ill be eating good come thursday, Cya

Cya on the Trail

Joshrm78
04-01-2007, 10:05
Yea the i love the bbq one and a lipton alpfrado all mixed up looks like hell but i like it...

eventidecu
04-01-2007, 10:27
Kinda sickning thinking about BBQ fish huh. Ewww! But I ate one too.:eek:

Ramble~On
04-01-2007, 15:04
"Chicken of the Sea" cups are pretty cool. I've been using them hiking since they came out and they work great on a tortilla. They have tuna and salmon.. I like the salmon more than the tuna and the "Cajun" tuna is by far my least favorite. I never knew Thailand was such a hub for salmon and tuna:-? . I like Pillar Rock "Wild Alaskan Pink Salmon" and notice it mentions being "Fancy Alaskan"...yup quite a fishery up there in Alaska...but i still can't figure out why it's a product of Thailand.
Anyway...for a quick trail lunch I like these little cups and at 2.8 oz each they're pretty handy.

I just recently found the foil packed whole chicken breasts. I like these better than the plain diced foil packed chicken... I like the BBQ and South Western. Backpacking food is getting easier and easier to find right off the shelf. Zatarains has precooked complete meals in a little package and mixing chicken or fish in with them is pretty good. Idahoan "Loaded Baked" instant mashed potatoes mixed with foil BBQ chicken....;) mmmmm good.

ASUGrad
04-04-2007, 09:13
Kroger has them here in Va. They are rather expensive though. I really like the foil pack tuna deal.

SunnyWalker
04-05-2007, 22:33
How difficult is it to eat vegatarian while on the trail?

-SunnyWalker

beamarshall
04-05-2007, 23:27
Depends on how good you are at catching them...

sarbar
04-06-2007, 09:18

-SunnyWalker
Not hard at all, if you do planning :) I eat pretty much vegetarian these days, I eta a lot of legumes that I dry at home, and add to my meals.

Newb
04-06-2007, 10:03
I like to carry a few small cans of chicken with me. I dump the chicken in some ramen along with freeze dried peas (Mountain House). Also, if you're brave, you can dig up some wild onions and add some chopped onion to the ramen...

Other wild stuff to stick in Ramen:

-wild garlic (if you can find it)
-plantain leaves (any wild greens can add some vitamins...)
-skwirl.

SunnyWalker
04-13-2007, 22:46
Sarbar: thanks for the website. Looks good. I switched to vegetarian about a month ago and have never felt better. Was trying to look ahead to think about taking it with me on the trail. -SunnyWalker

Skidsteer
04-13-2007, 22:50

Okay. That was pretty funny and seemed to get lost in the shuffle.:D

Chache
04-13-2007, 23:30
Now thats funny

Ron Haven
04-14-2007, 00:41
I like to carry a few small cans of chicken with me. I dump the chicken in some ramen along with freeze dried peas (Mountain House). Also, if you're brave, you can dig up some wild onions and add some chopped onion to the ramen...

Other wild stuff to stick in Ramen:

-wild garlic (if you can find it)
-plantain leaves (any wild greens can add some vitamins...)
-skwirl.Newb,I got one question.Is this you when you were a baby and you wrote I hike : Therefore I Stink ? I think that is really a nice set up.