PDA

View Full Version : mariposa vs atmos 50 on AT

bertcourson
03-28-2007, 19:52
Hello there:

Assuming you like both packs equally, then what do you prefer on the AT in VA in June? Atmos 50, which weighs two extra pounds but provides a cooler back, or the Mariposa Plus which is two pounds lighter but insures a sweaty back? Thanks in advance for your opinions.

Happy
03-28-2007, 22:12
Hello there:

Assuming you like both packs equally, then what do you prefer on the AT in VA in June? Atmos 50, which weighs two extra pounds but provides a cooler back, or the Mariposa Plus which is two pounds lighter but insures a sweaty back? Thanks in advance for your opinions.

I have already made my decision and I purchased the Mariposa and could not be happier! I had owned the G-4 which slipped down the back and put unneeded weight on the butt:D ...the Mariposa corrected that entirely!!

Two pounds is two pounds carried over A LONG DISTANCE!:D Make sure you average only 25 pounds pack weight over 3-5 days!

bulldog49
03-29-2007, 08:19
I have the Atmos 50 and could not be happier.

peter_pan
03-29-2007, 09:30
Easy...

Get them both....think like summer and winter bag swap outs.....Use mariposa on both ends and Atmos 50 central VA to end of New York.... seek to optimize minimum sweat and minimum total pound days carried = optimum back pleasure.

Pan

Ewker
03-29-2007, 10:10
I have the Atmos 65. It has the same backing as the 50. I used it this weekend.. I don't think my back stayed any cooler with the mesh backing..then again I sweat like crazy