PDA

View Full Version : A beautiful thing is no more

chris
08-25-2003, 23:17
Sad times are here. My summer is over. My hike is complete. I reached the Canadian border on August 21, 105 days after setting out on the PCT. I really am sad that my trip is over, but it had to end sometime. My beautiful thing is over. For now, that is. Who knows what next summer will bring. Hope springs eternal and I can't wait for the Gathering this year to get some more info on future trips. Next summer is in a mere 9 months. A long 9 months. I'll have plenty of time to post some gear reviews and pics when they come in.

For those of you on the fence, don't wait. Go now. No matter what the trip, destination, or activity. The time is now.

PS: If Ganj is still reading, thanks for the drinks before Mojave. I didn't actually get any, being a week late, but the thought was nice.

DebW
08-26-2003, 09:19
Congrats on your PCT completion. Looking forward to your pictures and gear reviews.

Mini-Mosey
08-26-2003, 09:54
Congratulations on finishing...looking forward to your pictures, etc. I can imagine that you do feel quite down now; in time, there will be plenty of other trails to hike, I'll bet.

Spirit Walker
08-26-2003, 10:46
Congratulations on finishing. I know the mixed feelings you get on completing a long trail. Satisfaction, joy and also a sadness that this chapter of your life is closing, as well as curiosity about the next chapter. Can it possibly be as good? Or even better?

The Gathering does help, somehow being around folks who really do understand where you have been is really good in adding closure. And seeing all the trails still out there to be hiked gives hope of future adventures just waiting until the time is right.

CDT next? It's even better than the PCT.

Uncle Wayne
09-10-2003, 07:01
Way to go Chris! I really appreciate all the info you have shared with me and the list.