PDA

View Full Version : Sgt Rock's real name

Miss Janet
03-30-2007, 12:37
Can anyone tell me Sgt. Rock's real name?

Gray Blazer
03-30-2007, 12:39
Ernie?? I can't even tell you his imaginary name. Ms. Frolicking Dino probably knows. ATtroll would know (I assume).

Gray Blazer
03-30-2007, 12:46
Ernest or Ernie. Don't know last name.

Outlaw
03-30-2007, 12:52

Why don't you just PM Mrs. Sgt. Rock a/k/a Dixie Critter?

trippclark

Miss Janet,

If the bio on his website is true - and I have no reason to think that it is not - his info is:

Name: Ernest B. Engman

Trail Name: SGT Rock

Date of Birth: March 10, 1967

Height: 68", Weight: 155 pounds.

Place of Birth: Decatur, Alabama.

Reference: http://hikinghq.net/bio.html

Smile
Nevermind.
;)

trippclark
03-30-2007, 13:01
Nevermind.
;)

Yeah, I guess if he posts it on his own website, he must not mind!

bfitz
03-30-2007, 13:47
This thread should be called 'The importance of being Earnest".

The Old Fhart
03-30-2007, 13:54
Bfitz-"This thread should be called 'The importance of being Earnest"."Now that's a Wilde idea.;)

dixicritter
03-30-2007, 14:54
Miss Janet,

If the bio on his website is true - and I have no reason to think that it is not - his info is:

Name: Ernest B. Engman

Trail Name: SGT Rock

Date of Birth: March 10, 1967

Height: 68", Weight: 155 pounds.

Place of Birth: Decatur, Alabama.

Reference: http://hikinghq.net/bio.html

Well it's all Mostly true... ;) I think he might need to do some updating... LOL.

Outlaw
03-30-2007, 15:10
Well it's all Mostly true... ;) I think he might need to do some updating... LOL.

OUCH!!!:p I'm really glad WB doesn't require us to post our personal stats! :eek:

Jester2000
03-30-2007, 16:56

I always thought his real name was Sgt. Rock.

buckowens
03-30-2007, 17:37
The Army does not allow us to be fat...;) If you look close it is just extra gear and stuff and things we carry in our ACU's/BDU's or Flight Suits...:D Quick, somebody back me up...

Nightwalker
03-30-2007, 19:39
The Army does not allow us to be fat...;) If you look close it is just extra gear and stuff and things we carry in our ACU's/BDU's or Flight Suits...:D Quick, somebody back me up...

Before boot camp, Uncle Sam said that my weight was fine. First physical after becoming U.S. property said that I needed to lose 20 pounds to graduate.

Anyway, welcome back to the Real World, SGT Rock. Sorry I haven't said it before. First post in awhile.

Just Jeff
03-30-2007, 19:39
I just thought he had one of those stylish "first name only" names like Madonna and Shakira, but manly. Rock. :D

frieden
03-30-2007, 19:41

Sorry, according to my daughter (USMC), the Army ranks 2nd in fat/obesity (Navy has the top spot; Air Force is below Army, and Marines has the least amount of fat). She said she had the stats in her car, but I'll take her word for it. Marines really crack down on the women, too. She said that Marine women had the lowest fat of all the services.

atraildreamer
03-31-2007, 14:13

So...tell us about yourself dixicritter! What's your real name,:confused: and how you met Ernie, etc. All the details! :D

Furlough
04-01-2007, 05:05
Sorry, according to my daughter (USMC), the Army ranks 2nd in fat/obesity (Navy has the top spot; Air Force is below Army, and Marines has the least amount of fat). She said she had the stats in her car, but I'll take her word for it. Marines really crack down on the women, too. She said that Marine women had the lowest fat of all the services.

This statistic is partially a by-product of being the largest Service in terms of total numbers - with a large percentage of our total population coming from the the National Guard and Army Reserve. We (The Army) are probably more of an inclusive representaive snap shot of the entire U.S. population then are the other Services thanks to our brothers and sisters from the Guard and Reserve. (and our job in the Active Duty would be considerably more difficult without them)

Although from a causual observers point of view while sitting in our Multi-Service, Multi-Natioanl Dining Facility here in Iraq I would question the fact that the Air Force is "leaner" than the Army.:)

Furlough

buckowens
04-01-2007, 09:20
You're probably right Furlough, I saw the same thing in my DFAC in Kosovo. I am in full agreement about the USMC as I have never seen a really fat one. I think maybe they "get rid of them"...:D

As you might be able to attest, the military height and weight standards are pretty strict for us 40+ year olds. I have been "taped" (measurement of neck and waist to determine body fat) for quite a few years.

What kind of unit are you with and how much longer do you have on your sentence?

greentick
04-01-2007, 09:43
I just thought he had one of those stylish "first name only" names like Madonna and Shakira, but manly. Rock. :D

First name: Sergeant
Last name: Rock

nuff said.

DawnTreader
04-01-2007, 12:32
Sgt. Rock dosn't do push ups......he pushes the earth down....

Vi+
04-01-2007, 15:05
It’s a little known fact that Sgt. Rock’s family name is, in fact, “Pebbles.”

I discovered this accidentally while conducting some unrelated genealogical research; a computer glitch took me to the site, revealing his still-classified family history.

His parents apparently shielded him from learning the truth. I'm sure he doesn’t know. His wife wouldn't know. I doubt anyone else knows, as far as I know.

It gets worse.

His first name is actually, “Lance." His middle name is, "Corporal.”

dixicritter
04-01-2007, 15:17
LOL... Dang folks, it was a joke I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. He's far from obese, and probably one of the slimmest guys in his rank/age bracket in the Army truth be told.

atraildreamer, my real name is Kristi, same last as his is for the last almost 19 years (well in July of this year anyway). ;) We met a while before that though in high school.

Furlough
04-01-2007, 17:47
Hello Buck Owens,
Not only are the Ht. Wt standards tight for us over 40s but the PT standards hang tough too.

I am with an HQ unit - training the Iraqis Joint HQ staff and working in plans and assessments and building force structure for Iraqi forces. With luck I return stateside in June, back to the big puzzle palace in D.C. .

Furlough

buckowens
04-02-2007, 11:15
Furlough,

Agreed on the PT test as well! I am most definitely the weak link for my two week AT trip with my 9 year old!!

I am flying some VIPs to Davison AAF for them to visit the puzzle palace this week... I personally try to avoid the place at all costs :D.

When I told my 1SG what you were doing he grimaced. He ran the Police Academy in Mosul for a year, and has related to me some of the challenges of working with the folks there.

If you need anything please let me know as I make the military base rounds quite often. Thanks for being there from one soldier to another.

got milf?
04-03-2007, 00:52

Like Rock Hudson? :eek:

mweinstone
04-03-2007, 08:25
friend of jesus? warrior? sumaritan? helper, worker, healer? man, child of god, father.hero. but most folks call him sarge.

icemanat95
04-03-2007, 10:17

Yeah, that's right, it's just all the crap we are (were) required to carry, plus body armor and layers of clothing, and....

Well, that's a good excuse for you serving guys...I've got no excuse other than that a modest hara lowers your center of gravity in martial arts and helps you be more aware of your hips (which are critical for efficient movement....yeah, hara is good for martial arts...right,...that's the ticket...

Looks terrible though.