PDA

View Full Version : well im southbound mama

Freeleo
03-30-2007, 15:32
headed southbound in late may of 2008....just fyi....see ya :sun

TomScanlan
04-01-2007, 16:12
I'll see you out there... if you don't walk too fast. I'm planning for june 1. Looks like there are a few others shooting for the same, or at least early june.

I'm still selling a house, finishing a job, and closing life down, so june 1 is my hopeful date, it may turn into a later date as time goes on.

Speaking of closing life down... I have a cat... I'm going to take her on a three day trip soon. If she likes it, I'll bring her along to keep the mice away, and help with digging those special cat holes. If she doesn't like it out there, is anyone open to watching a cat for 6 months? She's fairly clean, and almost always lets me win our arguments.

TomScanlan
04-01-2007, 16:14
whoops... 2008 isn't 2007. I guess I'd have to walk pretty slow for you to catch up a year later :)

camich
04-01-2007, 16:22
I'll see you out there... if you don't walk too fast. I'm planning for june 1. Looks like there are a few others shooting for the same, or at least early june.

I'm still selling a house, finishing a job, and closing life down, so june 1 is my hopeful date, it may turn into a later date as time goes on.

Speaking of closing life down... I have a cat... I'm going to take her on a three day trip soon. If she likes it, I'll bring her along to keep the mice away, and help with digging those special cat holes. If she doesn't like it out there, is anyone open to watching a cat for 6 months? She's fairly clean, and almost always lets me win our arguments.

Are you going to carry your cat or will she be on a leash? I've heard of someone doing this before. Please let us know how the 3 day trip goes.

rafe
04-01-2007, 16:30
Are you going to carry your cat or will she be on a leash? I've heard of someone doing this before.

Our very own Geek (Jim Adams.) Cat's name was Ziggy.

Penne
04-01-2007, 19:40
I hope your cat likes the hike. I'd be thrilled to know there is a cat a day or two ahead of me.

I hope to see you and your cat on the trail.

TJ aka Teej
04-01-2007, 19:52
Puffin took her two cats on her MEGA thru. She let them off the leads just as she entered the 100 Mile to see if they'd trot along beside her. She never saw them again.

mudhead
04-01-2007, 19:58
Coyotes enjoyed them.

TomScanlan
04-02-2007, 16:36
Well there is a lot of "no dog" warnings out there, but I haven't seen any "no pets" or specifically "no cats". I am hesitant to go leashless, just based on how independant cats are, but who knows, maybe she'd become like yogi the cat I heard about living around one of the shelters a few years back.

I can fully believe the dissapearing cat act on the 100 mile wilderness. There's lots to explore out there for a silly kitty.

I really think she won't like it, but keep that quiet so as not to spoil her fresh opinion.