PDA

View Full Version : Doyle Bound!

Jester2000
03-30-2007, 17:06
Off to The Doyle tonight, I think. G-Burg on Saturday, walk around, check out the museum. Back at the Doyle Saturday night. Home Sunday.

Sounds like a plan to me.
Shuttin' down and headin' out.

Have a good weekend all!

The Old Fhart
03-30-2007, 17:31
Jester2000-"Doyle Bound!"Loosening your suspenders might help.:D Just kidding, have a great trip.

moxie
03-30-2007, 18:00
I hope Jester, you will not forget when we went to that wonderful gospel tent meeting in Vermont. How I remember your leading the assembly is singing, "We'll All Gather At The River". The most touching moment was when you and brother Baltimore Jack went up front. the preacher placed his hands on your heads, and you took the pledge of temperance. I will never forget the touching words you and Jack recited, "Lips that touch wine will never touch mine." Have a wonderful weekend at the Doyle. Make sure you replace all the Gedion Bibles the hikers have carried off but most of all try to work with and help those fallen to the influence of that evel spirt, demon rum.
:banana Have a great weekend.

emerald
03-30-2007, 18:19
Moxie, you have demonstrated again why you are one of WhiteBlaze's MVP's (Most Valuable Posters).

Fannypack
03-30-2007, 18:28
Jester, when I saw your thread was entitled "Doyle Bound", I thought u meant that u were going to one of Warren's w/e hiker retreats including the contra-dancing

OR

u were signing up for the Circle of Dreams hike......

Ummmm, I guess both of the above are about the same thing....

Well, have a nice w/e & hope maybe u get a chance to converse with Warren again (time & weather permitting)....

WalkinHome
03-31-2007, 12:56
Hoist a Ling' for me buddy. See ya at Trail Days. Hi to mom.

neighbor dave
04-01-2007, 06:20
Jester, when I saw your thread was entitled "Doyle Bound", I thought u meant that u were going to one of Warren's w/e hiker retreats including the contra-dancing

OR

u were signing up for the Circle of Dreams hike......

Ummmm, I guess both of the above are about the same thing....

Well, have a nice w/e & hope maybe u get a chance to converse with Warren again (time & weather permitting)....
:-? funny how one of jacks favorite places on the A.T. is named after warren.:eek:

moxie
04-01-2007, 11:51
:-? funny how one of jacks favorite places on the A.T. is named after warren.:eek:
Actually Warren Doyle is his trail name. He took it from his favorite trail stop. His real name is Warren Gilderblat. Other names he tried were Warren Springer, Warren Baxter Park, Baltimore Warren, Lone Warren, and Warren Alda. Doyle seemed to fit better.;)

Jester2000
04-02-2007, 17:52
I'm back!

Had a wonderful time, but found some disturbing news when I got there -- the UniMart closed this weekend. No one seems to be sure if the corporation is planning to take it over and reopen it or not.

What used to be my most traveled section of trail, between the Doyle and the convenience store, will now be a more arduous hike.

neighbor dave
04-03-2007, 18:22
Actually Warren Doyle is his trail name. He took it from his favorite trail stop. His real name is Warren Gilderblat. Other names he tried were Warren Springer, Warren Baxter Park, Baltimore Warren, Lone Warren, and Warren Alda. Doyle seemed to fit better.;)

:-? :jump tooooo funny!!!!:D