PDA

View Full Version : Comer and Jean

TOW
03-31-2007, 11:58
Comer and Jean are doing a thru hike again! It blew me away last night when I sauntered up to Dave's Place and there stood Comer.

I had hiked a little with them back in '01 and we had pizza together at Quincy's here in Damascus. Then I saw them once again last year at Trail Days.

I remember swapping emails with them back in '01 and Comer would always talk about how he and Jean would have arguments while hiking. He said "You know, we never had an argument before we came out here hiking in all the years we had been married?"

So I asked him about that last night and he said it has been smooth sailing for them this time. They probably got each other figured out about how far they can push each other now.

I just wanted to say publicly that these two people are some of the best you will ever meet out there on the trail. In fact I don't think this is their last thru hike, I reckon we'll see them again and again until they are legends of the trail community.

To me they already are.

I also met Sticker last night who told me this is his fourth thru hike. Comer, Jean and Sicker are about twenty years my senior and I should hope I am as active on the trail as they are when I get there.

TOW

ShakeyLeggs
03-31-2007, 13:12
Here is their journal;

http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?trailname=4931

Midway Sam
04-04-2007, 08:48
I passed them near Scales the other day. What an awesome couple.

TOW
04-04-2007, 16:35
I heard they are hiking back here? We were suppose to have dinner Saturday night at my place but someone told me that they got a lift up north and were hiking back to town, did they say anything to ya.....?

Blue Wolf
04-04-2007, 17:01
Yep great folks" I ran into them just north of Newfound Gap while doing a shakedown around march the 9th there on there second thru-hike not sure how old they are I think in their 70's " I wish them the best I mentioned them to Miss janet and she knew them well.

Midway Sam
04-04-2007, 18:39
Nope. We just exchanged pleasantries.

orangebug
04-04-2007, 21:48
Stayed with Saturday night. They had great stories for the bikers and for my 4 yo daughter. Great couple.