PDA

View Full Version : Pet Food Recall

frieden
03-31-2007, 14:02
I should have posted something on this right away, but I just saw that they are starting to recall some dry food. The FDA is refusing to disclose the supplier to Menu Foods. Supposedly, organic food is not affected.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/03/31/pet.food.recall.ap/index.html

My cat, Tiger, ate the tainted food, and it cost me hundreds of dollars in hospital fees. He still has problems, and the vet said that this will be a life-long problem. Luckily, I only fed the pouches once in a while, and Tiger was the only one who really liked it. I switched them to Newman Organic canned cat food (the vet said he wouldn't handle dry food anymore). Ed is still on ProPlan dry food, but I'm looking to switch him to organic, as well. I also make him an organic steak stew once per month.

I hope none of you lost a family member to this tragedy.

Rouen
03-31-2007, 19:09
everyones safe here, we feed purina small bites and thus far the only nestle made food to be recalled was alpo, according to the statement on the purina web site they will not have to recall anything else.
I know alot of people are looking into feeding B.A.R.F. instead of manufactured foods due to this whole thing.

glad your cat made it through treatment.