PDA

View Full Version : B. Jack, Footslogger in Mass.

DebW
08-27-2003, 09:37
I was working in my section last night and checked the register on Becket Mtn., Mass. Baltimore Jack signed on Aug 13 and Footslogger on Aug 18. It's good to see some Whiteblaze names.

Hikerhead
08-27-2003, 19:11
Wait till you see him stand up about 9(?) times at the Gathering during the thru hike roll call.

He'll be standing and sitting so much it will make me tired just watching.

:p

Jack Tarlin
08-28-2003, 14:20
Thanx for the hello, Deb. Am actually in Hanover right now, leaving in a few days. Hope to be in Gorham around the 6th; taking off for a few days to see Springsteen in Fenway Park (!!); looking to finish around the 8th and hoping to see lots of you at the Gathering in October here in Hanover on Columbus Day weekend. I hope to be giving a presentation for folks actively planning or contemplating a thru-hike; sure hope some of you show up to participate or heckle! There's lots of Gathering information already posted at www.aldha.org and there will be more info available as the event draws closer. For those of you who don't know much about the Gathering or ALDHA, I urge you to attend if at all possible; I attended my first Gathering back in 1994 and found it a lot of fun and very worthwhile; plus it's a great opportunity to see some great folks----Miss Janet, maybe Bob Peoples from Kincora, all sorts of hikers, trail angels, hopeful hikers, you name it. Anyway, see some of you in 40 odd days when I'm an officially RETIRED thru-hiker. -------Jack

TJ aka Teej
08-28-2003, 15:45
[i]Anyway, see some of you in 40 odd days when I'm an officially RETIRED thru-hiker. -------Jack [/B]

I swear I've heard that before, Jack..

A-Train
09-04-2003, 21:27
Ill be there-who else will? Besides Teej and Jack...?

attroll
09-04-2003, 23:46
I am hoping to be there if my work schedule will let me.

Lone Wolf
09-05-2003, 00:27
You're full of s**t L.A.:D

chris
09-05-2003, 09:40
I'll be there.

DebW
09-05-2003, 09:55
Hikerhead and I will be there, hiking in from Franconia Notch.

yogi clyde
09-05-2003, 12:46
I will head up there, if I don't have to work that weekend.
I will not know if I don't have to come in until Thursday or Friday.

Can't wait to quit my job and hike next year ;)

Hikerhead
09-05-2003, 18:23
Yes, I'll be there probably a day or two behind DebW but I'll get there. I'm looking forward to it, the hike and the Gathering.

Bluebearee may be there also.

Hammock Hanger/Sue Turner MAY have her name on the ballot for a position with ALDHA so show your support by giving her your vote. She's been a big help to many on this site and I know she would do a great job.

trailangelmary
09-06-2003, 05:06
Being relatively new at trail angel work and getting to know Baltimore Jack a lot better this hiking season and talking to Miss Janet on the phone, I am looking forward to the Gathering. I am excited about seeing the wonderful people I have met so far and the new people I am going to meet.
Jack may really be retiring as a thru-hiker this year but I am sure he will always be an integral part of the trail community. It's in his blood!
Mary from Duncannon

Miss Janet
09-08-2003, 09:52
I am hoping to be at the Gathering... but I may not sit with Baltimore Jack this year... I got elbowed in the side of the head 7 times last year!!

attroll
09-08-2003, 11:01
I have never been to one of these get togethers. It sounds fun. I am really hoping I can make it. I have never met any of you people. How am I suppose to know you when we get there. Does everyone where name tags or something. The only people I have ever met from WhiteBlaze is Baltimore Jack who will not remember me and Bluebearee who probably will not remember me either.

So what are we suppose to do just mingle and stuff like that? I would like to meet some of you people on WhiteBlaze.

Hikerhead
09-08-2003, 14:01
Attrol, they will give you a name tag to wear but there should be a bulletin board probably at both the college and campground where you could post a time and place for everyone who wants to, to meet up.

If you're going to camp at Storrs, hang a sign or post a note at the sign in and we all could camp in the same general area.

JojoSmiley
09-08-2003, 16:30
Nomad and I will be there to just enjoy and see our friends presentions. See ya'll. Savor the Moments!

attroll
09-09-2003, 00:27
I don't know about camping at this Storr's place that you are talking about. I have never attending a Gathering. I could not find any information about camping on the web site. So I have no idea what I am going to do. I will bring my gear in case though.

Hikerhead
09-09-2003, 07:55
http://www.aldha.org/storpond.htm

Mudchaos
09-14-2003, 12:51
Add me to the list of folks going to the Gathering:D

Can't wait to hear all the presentations and finally put some faces to the names I see every day on this list.

Rich T

Tent-N-Kent
09-24-2003, 13:08
Hey y'all the A.T.Museum people will be there, come check out our nifty display. Tell us your stories, give us an old ratty backpack with an AT history , or Boots ( keep yer socks though ). I can't wait to be back at Storrs and Dartmouth again...Tent-N-Kent www.atmuseum.org