PDA

View Full Version : cobra stove

snuffy smith
08-27-2003, 17:42
I've been playing with these soda can stoves since I first heard about them.Cobras stove is the eseaist one so far IMHO.Two cans, seventeen holes!No glue, no inner liner, no cutting the bottom out of the can. They work like a charm.

tmiller1116
08-27-2003, 18:11
Are there instructions somewhere we can look at?

Lilred
08-27-2003, 19:16
Yes, I'd be interested in seeing those plans too. I've made a couple soda can stoves the way the tin can stove man made them. They work great, but would love to see a simpler plan.

snuffy smith
08-27-2003, 19:53
I found instructions @google. Just search soda can stove or cobra stove.

tlbj6142
08-27-2003, 21:35
Here is the link (http://flappyhappy.tripod.com/cobrastove.htm) for the lazy bastards among us.

:banana :banana :banana

Grimace
08-28-2003, 08:17
Click Here (http://www.trailforums.com/index2.cfm?action=detail&PostNum=1655&thread=7&roomid=23&EntryID=12955) for a recent discussion on Trail Forums about this stove. I made one and did some "testing."

Bill Strickland
12-10-2003, 21:28
The Cat Stove used and designed by Roy Robinson, Flyin' Brian's dad is great and easy to make. For plan, go to royrobinson.homestead.com/ His potstand is good, too. I use something called offset printing plate, which is used in printing newspapers, I got some from the local newspaper. You can still read some of the newsprint on it if you are out of reading materiel.

IdahoDavid
12-10-2003, 22:24
I have been experimenting with Pepsi can stove and have a design that uses a single can top and bottom. I've posted photos of the process in my member gallery. I was new to the process so look at the the last photo first and work backwards. Let me know what you think of this design. It is similar to others I've seen, but simpler than most. With about an ounce of fuel I get a 5-10 minute burn. I use a tin can -- about a Campbell's size cut in half with vents punched at the top for a pot stand and windguard.

Chickety
12-11-2003, 01:12
The Cobra is the easiest stove to make (that I have found). I made a couple to play with and used the best one on the LT this past summer, I love it, it's still going strong.

I've never used or made the Pepsi can or any other type of alcohol stove, so my opinion is somewhat biased, but for free and easy to make, it was/is a great little stove!

I wanted a stove that ....if it was squashed, I could easily make another one on the trail, the Cobra fit that description to a T! 2 cans and a knife does the trick. Can't beat that!

squirrel bait
12-11-2003, 02:15
Yes, I'd be interested in seeing those plans too. I've made a couple soda can stoves the way the tin can stove man made them. They work great, but would love to see a simpler plan.

Lil Red Mg's stoves are Hurricane Isabel tested. A+