PDA

View Full Version : Springer Mtn. shelter burned down!

Lone Wolf
04-01-2007, 07:34
APRIL FOOLS!:banana

FanaticFringer
04-01-2007, 08:35
:rolleyes:

Egads
04-01-2007, 09:00
LW

You dog:D

squeeze
04-01-2007, 09:09
Damn, you got me!

TOW
04-01-2007, 09:11
thought you were going south to hike................?

mweinstone
04-01-2007, 09:15
hes not kidding. i saw the news. the privy was spared it seams.

Wanderingson
04-01-2007, 10:14
Must be true--I read it on the internet

Sleepy the Arab
04-01-2007, 12:20
Lone Wolf - you scamp!!

Frolicking Dinosaurs
04-01-2007, 12:27
::: hops in car to drive to Damascus to bite LW on all four paws :::

Kerosene
04-01-2007, 12:38
Here's one that lured me in this morning...http://www.google.com/tisp/ :banana

Kerosene
04-01-2007, 12:38
Here's one that lured me in this morning...http://www.google.com/tisp/

emerald
04-01-2007, 14:03
Harrisburg, PA

Early today, Governor Rendell announced that negotiations with Norfolk Southern Railroad concerning The Rockville Bridge have concluded. The Keystone State well-known among A.T. hikers for its fine array of rocks running the length of the A.T. from Pen Mar to Delaware Water Gap will make of gift of the bridge to The Appalachian Trail Conservancy of Harpers Ferry, W.Va.

ATC executive director, Dave Startzell explained at the press conference attended by 1000s of hikers that the Rockville Bridge will be disassembled by volunteers aided by Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox. Plans call for Mr. Bunyan to transport the bridge to Caratunk, Maine where it will be reassembled and serve as a footbridge spanning The Kennebec River.

Hikers expressed uniform enthusiasm for this effort and said they looked forward to seeing the bridge in its new home. It was said Warren Doyle shed a tear, but that he could think of no better use for perhaps Pennsylvania's most famous rocks. Ferryman indicated he intended to continue his ferry service out of his concern that hikers would no longer have anything to argue about.

Moxie said he thought it was a good story, but he'd believe it when he sees it. ShowMe agreed with Moxie, but L. Wolf had other ideas. Another hiker present said that just thinking of Bunyan's Herculean task made him Weary.

woodsy
04-01-2007, 15:03
Harrisburg, PA

Early today, Governor Rendell announced that negotiations with Norfolk Southern Railroad concerning The Rockville Bridge have concluded. The Keystone State well-known among A.T. hikers for its fine array of rocks running the length of the A.T. from Pen Mar to Delaware Water Gap will make of gift of the bridge to The Appalachian Trail Conservancy of Harpers Ferry, W.Va.

ATC executive director, Dave Startzell explained at the press conference attended by 1000s of hikers that the Rockville Bridge will be disassembled by volunteers aided by Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox. Plans call for Mr. Bunyan to transport the bridge to Caratunk, Maine where it will be reassembled and serve as a footbridge spanning The Kennebec River.

Hikers expressed uniform enthusiasm for this effort and said they looked forward to seeing the bridge in its new home. It was said Warren Doyle shed a tear, but that he could think of no better use for perhaps Pennsylvania's most famous rocks. Ferryman indicated he intended to continue his ferry service out of his concern that hikers would no longer have anything to argue about.

Moxie said he thought it was a good story, but he'd believe it when he sees it. ShowMe agreed with Moxie, but L. Wolf had other ideas. Another hiker present said that just thinking of Bunyan's Herculean task made him Weary.

Now that is pretty funny:D

Tin Man
04-01-2007, 15:11
Here's one that lured me in this morning...http://www.google.com/tisp/

I bet the Privy version would be quite popular.

Wanderingson
04-01-2007, 16:22
Here is a real funny one.

Alcohol in Kuwait is strictly prohibited due to islamic beliefs.

Check this one out--All of the local papers sold out on this one.

http://www.kuwaittimes.net/read_news.php?newsid=NzcyODUyNTc1

moxie
04-01-2007, 20:08
Harrisburg, PA

In more breaking news from Harrisburg Governer Rendell announced that due to budget shortfalls the State will no longer be able to fund the sharpening of rocks along The Applichian Trail in The Keystone State. In past years when there wasn't enough money to fully fund the State Department of Corrections to sharpen rocks various scout and church groups have come foreward to sharpen the rocks. The American Cival Liberties Union sued the State as the volunteers were taking work away from convicts and they won their case. As no money is available to pay the convicts for the first time in over 50 years hikers passing through Pa. may have to settle for round and even smooth rocks as they pass through the Keystone State. It is hoped that the Pa. legislature will approve an emergency 5% sales tax on discount tampons and wine that sells for less than a 90 cents a bottle. This revinue will be dedicated to rock sharpening so the States reputation for really sharp rocks will not be lost forever. Write to your Pennysylvania legislator before it is too late. SAVE THE SHARP ROCKS!:p

emerald
04-01-2007, 23:13
You win some and you lose some, but all's well that ends well. Seems now that we've got all the coordinates for the sharp rocks, we'll be able to develop software that will allow sharpening those rocks on a rotating basis with satellite-mounted lasers during the off-season. The money saved by not having to replace the diamond files annually will be used to fund the program.;)

Lion King
04-02-2007, 00:34
Damn you Hippy-wanna-be!
:banana

You got me totally!

I owe you a Pitcher of whatever, as I made a deal with a friend of mine that the first person who got me today I would buy them a pitcher of beer...and I had made it through all day without a hassle...until now, and where I am its only 11:33....grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

well, I cant think of a better person to have fool me.

Cheers, Trail Days, Dots, you name it...

damn it.