PDA

View Full Version : world wide ban on burnning!

mweinstone
04-01-2007, 08:53
the shinannagins we call this life are finnaly comming to a close. humanity is confronted on multipal sides by the need to change. we are stalked each hour by our own sin and corruptions. is this what we do to die anymore!? i for one say and have said all my life, we should drop out and tune in if were gonna try to come up with solutions to problems as large as those of our times. nothing can be accompleshed here at this time. we need to ween ourselves from civilization so as to release ourselves into the wilds. only a strong simple people can maintain our worlds eco system. we have built on faulty foundations and will be forced to begin anew. how can intellegent people not see the only way to support large populations is to not build up but rather to leave natural our habitat. whos willing to live like nomadic wandering hunter gatherers? whos willing to let people die where they fall rather than artifically fight a spiritually dead fight with death. who wants to manage our wilderness resourses rather than tame them? who dosnt want to live wild and free? who really wants to live there one short life for the prussut of money and belives in it? we should all be permanently thruhiking . studying and learning and restoring things with unified efforts and individual efforts. with laws of nature not man. with food not fakes. with love not hate. with skills not pills. in short we are all junkies for the easy life. and withdraw may kill us. but the proper way to live sits and waits. who will dare? im in. count me in on gettin out. commin?

Toolshed
04-01-2007, 10:06
Thanks - That reminds me - I have to burn the trash today (55 gallon drum=Redneck paper shredder).

Wanderingson
04-01-2007, 10:19
littering and...littering and.....littering and....smoking the refer.

Newb
04-01-2007, 10:24
Umm.....what?

The Scribe
04-01-2007, 11:03
:confused::confused::confused:

Toolshed
04-01-2007, 17:42
As usual, I have no clue about what einstein is talking about, but on a bright note, I did get all the trash burned today!!!

adh24
04-03-2007, 12:27
littering and...littering and.....littering and....smoking the refer.

The snozzberrys taste like snozzberrys

UK-Blue
04-03-2007, 12:42
Thank you for wasting 30 seconds of my life with your misspelled words and unintelligible nonsense. That was garbage.

Lion King
04-03-2007, 13:15
And Now For A SOUTH PARK QUOTE

ERIC CARTMAN
"Hippies.They're everywhere. They wanna save the earth, but all they do is smoke pot and smell bad."

:D

Jester2000
04-03-2007, 17:44
Thank you for wasting 30 seconds of my life with your misspelled words and unintelligible nonsense. That was garbage.

Hmmm. You were online, so I can't imagine you were planning to do anything important with that 30 seconds anyway.

But if you're really concerned, perhaps you should take a speed reading course. You could probably get the time wasted down to 20 seconds or so.

Topcat
04-07-2007, 19:18
The snozzberrys taste like snozzberrys

got to love a quote from Super Troopers....:D

aaroniguana
04-07-2007, 19:21
got to love a quote from Super Troopers....:D

OK that made me laugh. Thanks, I needed that.

Gray Blazer
04-07-2007, 21:48
Matt, it's already happening. It's called inner cities.

weary
04-07-2007, 22:44
As usual, I have no clue about what einstein is talking about, but on a bright note, I did get all the trash burned today!!!
Weinstein is saying that humans, have to change to a primitive lifestyle to survive. I strongly suspect that's in no way true. The world contiues to have options.

Are we likely to take those options? Probably not. But I continue to suggest them against the chorus of ignorants.

Scientists continue the fight. Probably without much real hope of success. But I've often been surprised by the wisdom of people. I keep hoping I'll be surprised once more.

Weary

Tin Man
04-07-2007, 23:26
Weinstein is saying that humans, have to change to a primitive lifestyle to survive. I strongly suspect that's in no way true. The world contiues to have options.

Are we likely to take those options? Probably not. But I continue to suggest them against the chorus of ignorants.

Scientists continue the fight. Probably without much real hope of success. But I've often been surprised by the wisdom of people. I keep hoping I'll be surprised once more.

Weary

The earth is too crowded to return to primitive lifestyles, unless you include primitive warfare on a massive scale. There simply is not enough land for everyone to become hunter-gathers again. Science is what got us here and if science cannot help us get to where we need to be then we will go the way of the dinosaurs, except it will not take millions of years. That said, I think things will get worse before they get better and science to correct past science's mistakes will take longer to be adopted than what we would like to see, but hopefully before it's too late.

Gray Blazer
04-07-2007, 23:35
Tin Man, is that whine a bit, or wine a bit? Or wein a bit?

MedicineMan
04-08-2007, 02:13
that if we gave each person on each (9billion) one square yard to stand in, all the people on the planet would fit in Rhode Island.

Lion King
04-08-2007, 03:01
that if we gave each person on each (9billion) one square yard to stand in, all the people on the planet would fit in Rhode Island.

Well lets do that so everyone will get the hell out of my way when Im driving and trying to shop.:D

Tin Man
04-08-2007, 07:47

Could be, but can you hunt/grow enough food in one square yard to sustain yourself for a year? Maybe with the proper science. :-?

Tin Man
04-08-2007, 07:50
Tin Man, is that whine a bit, or wine a bit? Or wein a bit?

If you wine a bit, you can leave your whining behind. I don't recommend weining though.

camojack
04-08-2007, 08:26
Could be, but can you hunt/grow enough food in one square yard to sustain yourself for a year? Maybe with the proper science. :-?

It all depends on how high up you can build on that square yard. But I'll keep my current acreage, thanks... :D

mweinstone
04-10-2007, 08:11
with everyone standing, its gonna be fun to push them over and roll 9 billion dominoes. im doin it.

ps. the world will end friday night at 6pm sharp. pack a lunch and bring a drink.

camojack
04-10-2007, 08:22
with everyone standing, its gonna be fun to push them over and roll 9 billion dominoes. im doin it.

ps. the world will end friday night at 6pm sharp. pack a lunch and bring a drink.

:confused: I think I'll be working this coming Friday night. :-?

:banana I worked on The Trail last Saturday... (http://gallery.backcountry.net/WorkingontheAT) :sun

Gray Blazer
04-10-2007, 11:00

Sorry, I won't be able to make it. Please pass along my regrets.

mweinstone
04-10-2007, 17:06
all those in favor of ditching the sociaty we have and starting over with a hiker based new one say i. jackin the cammostalk,...good pics. your subjects are boreing yet satisfing. im thinking its cause were all starved and jellouse of the trail and suffering severe springer fever. i simply must try your photo tecnique next trip. ill shoot common blazes only. make a whole gallery of just blazes. unidentifiable with no landmarks recognizable. not that thats how you did yours,... im just sayin,.. they gave me the idea to shoot commonplace things. good work o cammilianized one of spotted hidings. bravo.

mweinstone
04-10-2007, 17:09
if this was the wild west, i know jester would be the most feared wordslinger . but i also think i would be a substantial wordslinger for hire and be feared a little. maby me and the doc,.. sorry i mean jester could ride in that reality. just thinkin. whats the name of this thread? who cares.

Gray Blazer
04-10-2007, 19:11
if this was the wild west, i know jester would be the most feared wordslinger . but i also think i would be a substantial wordslinger for hire and be feared a little. maby me and the doc,.. sorry i mean jester could ride in that reality. just thinkin. whats the name of this thread? who cares.

I fear you already.:D

Jester2000
04-10-2007, 19:49
. . .i know jester would be the most feared wordslinger . . .

. . .and yet I really just want to be loved. Oh, and I want a ham and cheese sandwich.

saimyoji
04-10-2007, 20:10
. . .and yet I really just want to be loved. Oh, and I want a ham and cheese sandwich.

No spam??:eek:

Matteroo
04-10-2007, 20:38
Thor Heyerdahl got on the primitivism boat 70 years ago and is a great read in Fatu Hiva. A wide-scale re-embrace of nature? very much needed. A complete return to a primitive life-style? Only without a single other option-otherwise an idyllic dream. Thor gave it an admirable shot and came to the conclusion that exiting civilization isn't the path to go down-and this was 70 years ago.

my 2cents. but a noble dream or hope none the less, in it's own way..

camojack
04-10-2007, 22:19
jackin the cammostalk,...good pics. your subjects are boreing yet satisfing. im thinking its cause were all starved and jellouse of the trail and suffering severe springer fever. i simply must try your photo tecnique next trip. ill shoot common blazes only. make a whole gallery of just blazes. unidentifiable with no landmarks recognizable. not that thats how you did yours,... im just sayin,.. they gave me the idea to shoot commonplace things. good work o cammilianized one of spotted hidings. bravo.

:banana I tried to include blazes to show it was on the A.T. Of course, the PA State Game Lands boundaries are also blazed with white paint...just not in neat li'l 2" x 6" rectangles.

mweinstone
04-10-2007, 22:29
in a world with a burn ban on,.......paint factorys would close and after all the white was used up( about 10 minits) we would simply use bird crap. by placeing birdhouses on each tree. following the white crapmarks it might be called instead of following the white blazes. oh,.... and this site of course would be refered to as whitecrap.net. not out of meaness,..rather nessesity.

Gray Blazer
04-11-2007, 07:52
in a world with a burn ban on,.......paint factorys would close and after all the white was used up( about 10 minits) we would simply use bird crap. by placeing birdhouses on each tree. following the white crapmarks it might be called instead of following the white blazes. oh,.... and this site of course would be refered to as whitecrap.net. not out of meaness,..rather nessesity.

Nice money saving measure.