PDA

View Full Version : 3 Lost Dogs With Collars On Wesser Bald, Nc

Michele
04-02-2007, 14:57
Hi My name is Rachael and my friend Michele is hiking the AT and has called. She told me that there are three dogs that are also part wolf that are following hikers on the trail. One dog has a red collar. One dog has one blue eye and one brown eye. She just wanted to report the lost dogs. Their last known location was Wesser Bald, NC.

JP
04-02-2007, 15:24
Good chance they are not lost, just wandering. A lot of people let there dogs roam. Dont feed them and they will go home.

norub
04-02-2007, 23:17
How does she know they are "part wolf"?? Does she keep a DNA testing kit with her?

Hint: The VAST majority of dogs that are claimed to be "part wolf" aren't.

Sounds like a couple of husky mixes that are roaming loose. Either call the number on the tag or just ignore them, like JP said, they'll go home when they're hungry if poeple don't feed them.

RockStar
04-02-2007, 23:40
LMAO "DNA testing kit" LMAO Not to sound like a jerk but, to keep with the WB tradition of jerkdom...

I thought ALL dogs were descendants of Wolves? tehe

ed bell
04-02-2007, 23:47
Never feed a dog that is a stranger to you unless you believe it's a life or death situation for the dog. There are lots of wandering dogs out there, encouragement breeds habit.

RedneckRye
04-02-2007, 23:49
MMM...Wolf Dog. I hear it tastes just like chicken. Are ramps in season yet?

Twofiddy
04-03-2007, 09:33
Never feed a dog that is a stranger to you unless you believe it's a life or death situation for the dog. There are lots of wandering dogs out there, encouragement breeds habit.

The exact same is 100% true if you reverse your statemetn.

Habit Breeds Encouragement.

Out there dogs are wandering around many lots.

The Dog situation of life or death is a belief that is stranger now than ever before because feeding a dog kills them now too. (The Bad Dog Food Story in the Media)

HA!!:D

Rhino-lfl
04-03-2007, 10:02
Sht, I'd skin and eat'em. Good protein is hard to find on a thru hike.

Lone Wolf
04-03-2007, 10:14
Good protein is hard to find on a thru hike.

BS. there's a friggin hiker feed at just about every road crossing these days

StarLyte
04-03-2007, 10:40
I think Janet needs to pipe in here and tell you a few tidbits about "wandering dogs"......she has a lot of experience in this ;)

norub
04-03-2007, 13:04
LMAO "DNA testing kit" LMAO Not to sound like a jerk but, to keep with the WB tradition of jerkdom...

I thought ALL dogs were descendants of Wolves? tehe

Of course domestic dogs are descended from wolves.

However, wolves and dogs differ in their DNA on a mitochondrial level. A true wolf hybrid differs in its DNA from a domestic dog.

RockStar
04-03-2007, 16:47
Of course domestic dogs are descended from wolves.

However, wolves and dogs differ in their DNA on a mitochondrial level. A true wolf hybrid differs in its DNA from a domestic dog.

Was just joking! I watch too much Animal planet/Discovery/Nat Geographic Channel. ;) Where else was I gonna use that useless information?! :p

Rhino-lfl
04-05-2007, 14:38
BS. there's a friggin hiker feed at just about every road crossing these days

Find a dictionary and look up sarcasm. No really do it.

Lone Wolf
04-05-2007, 14:40
Find a dictionary and look up sarcasm. No really do it.

i'm the king of sarcasm, skippy. no really.

Rhino-lfl
04-05-2007, 15:12
i'm the king of sarcasm, skippy. no really.

LOL, so you're being sarcastic about really knowing what sarcasm is ... haha that is funny.

... Dummy.

Lone Wolf
04-05-2007, 15:15
LOL, so you're being sarcastic about really knowing what sarcasm is ... haha that is funny.

... Dummy.

... Douche

rhjanes
04-05-2007, 15:22
Character 1: "I say we burn the wagons, use the paper for muskit wadding and eat the dogs"
Preacher: "good....Lord, you don't mean that....."
Mel Gibson: "Dog is a mighty fine meal"

name that movie....

(Patriot)

troglobil
04-05-2007, 15:48
the Patriot

troglobil
04-05-2007, 15:49
I did not see the bottom of your post. I swear!

Rhino-lfl
04-05-2007, 15:52
... Douche

Potty words and ad hominem attacks, always the sign of a lowbrow.

You granola earthy save the world with nature types are really violent sociopaths aren't you lol.

My suggestion, follow the doctor’s orders lol.

Lone Wolf
04-05-2007, 16:01
sure kid. whatever you say. i'm so earthy, granola, save the world.:)

rafe
04-05-2007, 16:10
LW, looks like you've found a friend... Rhino, meet Lone Wolf. He eats hippies for breakfast. ;) Crunchy-granola, he ain't. Though he has been known to travel to Asheville from time to time...

Gray Blazer
04-05-2007, 18:56
I saw those dogs on Sat morning on the way up to Wayah Bald at the entrance to Wine Spring Bald at 3:30 in the morning. I thought at first they were wolves until I noticed the blue eyes. Nice looking dogs.

JP
04-06-2007, 08:09
To determin if it's wolf ,try to get it to play fetch. Then throw a pint of whiskey. If its wolf it will figure out how to get the cap off and drink it down before bringing back the bottle. If its part wolf it will only drink half. Not sure if this is true, just heard it on the trail.

FrOeKk
04-06-2007, 08:21
Circling the drain people!!! :p

superman
04-06-2007, 09:35
We were there Friday night. They were three nice dogs. Unfortunately a bunch of high school drinkers came up and scared the dogs by yelling and lunging at them. When the kids found out that there were a bunch of adult hikers at the tower the kids left. Then another truck load of local young people came up and tried running the dogs down. I appealed to the young folks sense of stupidy and convinced them that it was time for them to leave. Then a third car came up. This was a loud mouthed young man who seemed to be hell bent for stupid ville but his girl friend gave him something else to do. I'm glad to hear that the dogs went back down the mountain.