PDA

View Full Version : Cheese

spittinpigeon
04-03-2007, 14:59
I, like many thru-hikers, became a cheese connoisseur on my hike, though in relation to brands, not flavors. There's a little mom and pop store in Bennington Vt. that makes cheese for $8.99lb, and it's damn worth it.
I've tried many many different brands, including all the generics. I have one thing to say. Kraft sucks, it's the worst of all of them despite their status.

warraghiyagey
04-03-2007, 15:06
I, like many thru-hikers, became a cheese connoisseur on my hike, though in relation to brands, not flavors. There's a little mom and pop store in Bennington Vt. that makes cheese for $8.99lb, and it's damn worth it.
I've tried many many different brands, including all the generics. I have one thing to say. Kraft sucks, it's the worst of all of them despite their status.

Beater, is this really a thread?:-? :-? :-?
How's it goin man? OK, I'll bite - get it? I like spray cheese on crackers.

warraghiyagey
04-03-2007, 15:08

Also, howe could you mention Bennington and not mention Woodchuck Cider. You should have checked out Cerniglia Wines (where the make Woodchuck) while ou were there.

StarLyte
04-03-2007, 15:50

You're absolutely right.

If you want good cheese, it's at least $8.99 (not including what Matthewski brought to the Pa Ruck - that was the best cheese money could buy).

I do buy Kraft but I use it for macaroni and cheese cassaroles. Come to a PA Ruck and you can test it.

I also buy Vermont cheeses. Delicious.

My favorite at this moment is Jarlsberg. I love it.

Goes good with potato vodka :rolleyes:

WalkinHome
04-03-2007, 17:52
On my hike discovered Cabot's Hunter's "Seriously Sharp" Cheese. Widely available, decent price and could not get enough of the stuff.

Jester2000
04-03-2007, 18:09
I have yet to meet a cheese I haven't liked immediately, struck up a long, meaningful conversation with, and developed a deep, abiding relationship with.

Cow, goat, sheep, cat, out of a can, on a nacho, with my breakfast, between my toes, on pasta, on stuffing, on Donner, on Blitzen!

With cheese!
Con queso!
Avec frommage!
Ag tigh cais!