PDA

View Full Version : daisy freash!

mweinstone
04-04-2007, 08:04
honestly folks its time to talk a little pooptalk. ill keep this as clean as i can. the topic is pooping. do you wash or just wipe. in my mind there are three basic catagories. poopers. these are folks who poop, wipe, and walk. then theres pwashers. they poop, wipe and wash there hands. then theres the group called pdittywashers.they poop, wipe and wash there ass and hands, with soap. and walk away freash as a daisy. for all the rest scilently suffering with half wiped asses, i pitty yall. i really think alot of newbees dont know just how important it is to be clean back there. ya cant walk with skid marks for crying out loud! dingelberries are out, soap and washing are in. i find so many folks waiting till town to get really clean. thats foolish. its the same with socks and undys and tees. wash em in your pot on trail. why be in such a hurry to suffer to the laundrymat? staying really clean is one of the hardest things to impress on folks. it actually changes the furrow in your brow to be relaxed and clean all the time. learning how to not rush is part of it.

moxie
04-04-2007, 08:49
Two products that worked for me were hydrocortisone and antibacterial hand sanitizer. Lets face it, you are sometimes 10 days from town and a hot shower and you may be miles from water except for what you have in your bottle. Wipe as clean as you can, apply hydrocortisone and then wipe again. Immediatly put the hand sanitizer an your hands and any part of your body where poop may have touched, (except your butt-it burns). Rub it in. I have used this method for years of backpacking and , knock on wood, never gotten sick on the trail. Remember, never poop within 200 feet of any water and bury your mess. Dion't burn your toilet paper, bury it. Happy movements.:)

mrc237
04-04-2007, 08:55
I carry a small bottle of Witch Hazel for afterwipe - squirt some on a paper wipe and ''presto'' a clean refreshing feeling -then I sanitize

Bloodroot
04-04-2007, 08:59
I don't make rocket science out of it. Crap, wipe and wash my hands thoroughly. I don't douche my butt every time I crap?

sparky2000
04-04-2007, 08:59
Notice that the pink parlor doesn't touch this one!

Toolshed
04-04-2007, 10:10
Hess Gas stations have those little moist soapy wipes in foil that they give out for free (Just take a handful) for over a decade. I keep a dozen or so of them with me (and used to pack them in my mail as well). They are great for a final cleanup before tugging the drawers back up.

Of course, I never ever shake hands with a thru-hiker :sun

mrc237
04-04-2007, 10:18
Or share potato chips!

frieden
04-04-2007, 11:02
What you poop determines how you clean up, doesn't it? Pastey in, is pastey out. Keeping your diet clean will give you a cleaner (residue) poop. White bread is the worst. Have a salad with the pizza!

mweinstone
04-04-2007, 11:41
man.... i started some crappy threads this week.im grossed out. stop. just go do your buissness and dont lets talk about it. how bout we change the subject to ,.... ummm,......i dont know,... earwax disposal would be better than this! fingernale dirt i dont care,.. hell you could talk about boogie management ,..wait,.....i talked about that last week on my show, snot rocketry. well,... whatever, im leaving this thread. call me party pooper i dont care.

pooptypooptypants!

The General
04-04-2007, 11:50
I once saw a Thru Hiker in a kilt scraping his ass along the ground like a dog with distemper. He swore by it (well let's re-frase that he was swearing at the time) He also said that it was the most ecologicaly friendly method and left no more of a trace than a few scuff marks on the ground. For those persistant dingleberries he prefered the rough bark of a fallen Hemlock tree which he would straddle and scoot up and down until all those offending cling ons were gone.
Apparantly he had never had any hygine problems though his ass did resemble that of a large male Baboon, he put this down to it being early in the season and it taking a few weeks for the skin to toughen up.
As for diet he ate most of the normal hiker type vitals, but steered clear of Hot Sauce and Jalapino Peppers.
Another Great Thread from Mathewski on a sensitive subject.
Happy Trails and watch where you tread.

Mother's Finest
04-04-2007, 17:20
Hey, Wyoming Skateboarder would just use dry grass he gathered along the trail.

who needs TP anyway? Other technique matt did not write about this time is the old Middle East bare hand wipe.......is that the right or the left?

peace
mf

Wanderingson
04-04-2007, 22:55
Immediatly put the hand sanitizer an your hands and any part of your body where poop may have touched, (except your butt-it burns).

Ouch--anyone else try this method?

I'll vouch for the fact that it burns like crazy, but have never openly discussed it..haha

Somethings in life you just gotta learn on your own and experience it agony.