PDA

View Full Version : Bummed out a bit....

Newb
04-04-2007, 13:00
I was planning on going to Georgia this weekend and hiking the GA section of the trail, but it fell through. I have to wait on a shipment I have coming from China and it won't be ready for me until 12-17 of April.

Question...If I go in late April will there still be some folks starting the trail or will I have missed the "season"?

Ewker
04-04-2007, 13:26
Sorry I won't see you out there this Saturday. I know some folks who started April 15th last yr. So there will be some just not as many

Skidsteer
04-04-2007, 13:28
There'll be a bunch of folks if the weather is good. Just not as many thru-hike attempters as you would've seen early.

Newb
04-04-2007, 14:05
Sorry I won't see you out there this Saturday. I know some folks who started April 15th last yr. So there will be some just not as many

Yeah. depressing. I've been daydreaming about this all winter and now I have to push it back.

rgarling
04-04-2007, 14:20
If you want to hike with the thru hikers, just do a more northern section...

doodah man
04-04-2007, 14:26
I was planning on going to Georgia this weekend and hiking the GA section of the trail, but it fell through. I have to wait on a shipment I have coming from China and it won't be ready for me until 12-17 of April.

Question...If I go in late April will there still be some folks starting the trail or will I have missed the "season"?

Ney Newb, I will be starting my thru on 4/12/2007 so depending on timing or how fast you go, we may cross paths on the trail!

Rain Man
04-04-2007, 17:11
In many of the thru-hike reports in the two volume "Hiking the Appalachian Trail," hikers started in May. For what that's worth.

Rain:sunMan