PDA

View Full Version : Gregory Wind River pack?

fwassner
09-01-2003, 10:23
What happened to the Gregory Wind River pack?

I bought mine about 4 years ago, and am looking for some support info on Gregory's site but this pack is no longer listed.
Seems that it has been discontinued, but why? I see most of the other models that were offered at the time I bought the Wind River are still around.

What I need help with is adjusting the hip belt and shoulder straps. Since this pack was part of their adventure series, I should be able to use the current guidelines for adjustment.

mvng mtn
09-01-2003, 11:27
Try calling Gregory's customer service. They are pretty friendly, knowledgeable, and very helpful in answering questions.

(800) 477-3420 (8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Pacific Time).

fwassner
09-01-2003, 12:37
Thanks for the info on Gregory. I'll try calling them tomorrow.

stranger
09-03-2003, 01:40
Yeah the Wind River was replaced by the Whitney, which unfortunately is heavier and not as convienant in my opinion. All Gregory packs follow the same exact fit scale, if you are a medium in a Wind River, you are a medium in every pack they make.

Gregory packs are the easiest packs in the world to fit, just make sure you hipbelt is in the right place, start with all your straps and stabilizers loose, and work your way up when adjusting. If you have a gap between your back and the pack...you probably have the hipbelt too low. Your best bet it to get into a shop and make sure it fits right...the problem is many shops can't fit packs properly. Definitely give Gregory a call.