PDA

View Full Version : Franklin, snowing like hell

Ron Haven
04-06-2007, 23:47
I've been going in to work early to run shuttles.Working 6am to 9pm in T-Shirts.I have saw 87 degrees in late March.Today is 4/6/07 and I was ready for bed at 11:ish pm,looked out and 2 inches or snow on my back deck.What is going on?I thought these weather folks were calling for Global Warming:-? O sorry that don't mean nothing here to these Hillbillies in Western NC,Hey how much snow are you getting?????????? :o

freefall
04-07-2007, 00:02
I've been going in to work early to run shuttles.Working 6am to 9pm in T-Shirts.I have saw 87 degrees in late March.Today is 4/6/07 and I was ready for bed at 11:ish pm,looked out and 2 inches or snow on my back deck.What is going on?I thought these weather folks were calling for Global Warming:-? O sorry that don't mean nothing here to these Hillbillies in Western NC,Hey how much snow are you getting?????????? :o

Hey now, I take offense to this as a meteorology student!

Just kidding Ron, it's April 6th and we have 24* in Denver! Most hillbillies would know not to head up into the mountains until May but hey, what do we hillbillies know? ;)

We got snow in the forecast here in Denver and this system looks like it's headed towards the Northeast. Thrus should be safe from the snow but might get a little chilly. But Maine and New hampshire might wanna look out their windows to the west...

As far as gloabal warmin', hey it just got .1* warmer here! there it goes!:D

digger51
04-07-2007, 02:22
Ron, its in the upper 80s and lower 90s here in Phoenix. I'll trade you.

frieden
04-07-2007, 02:29
New Hampshire and Maine got hammered, and some deaths were reported in connection to the snow storm.

Pokey2006
04-07-2007, 03:00
It's been colder here in Mass. over the past few days than it was the year we got socked with the "April Fools Blizzard," a few years back. Go figure.

Snow is mostly melted at sea level, but it's COLD! Cold like it's January, not almost Easter.

But this does happen sometimes up here in New England. Winter started late, so it would make sense that it would linger on a little later than usual.

Sorry to hear that you southern gents are also suffering this lingering winter weather...

Ramble~On
04-07-2007, 03:20
Ron I work in Cherokee and live in Sylva...
I left the house today without a jacket....duh.
We're getting it over on this side of the mountain too.
They closed 441 from Cherokee to Gatlinburg early in the night and I'd bet it's beautiful up there. I imagine some hikers in the park right now will have some stories to tell and pictures to share.
If anyone let the excellent recent warm weather fool them into sending their cold weather stuff home......they're regretting it tonight.
My drive home tonight was through high winds and driven snow...temps @ 23 degrees...that's at about 3000 ft. so Ice Water Springs shelter tonight would be a cold place to be.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
04-07-2007, 05:15
No snow on the SW end of Smokies - so far - and it is a balmy 30F.

MedicineMan
04-07-2007, 05:22
and Bristol, TN...I'll report on Hughes Gap later.

Lone Wolf
04-07-2007, 07:21
this is pretty normal for this time of year but there are a lot of unprepared campers out there right now freezin' thier butts off and wishing they weren't packing so lite.:)

Heater
04-07-2007, 07:22
41 here in central Texas. Supposed to get cooler tomorrow morning.
I thought it would be staying with the lows above the mid 50's from here on but, surprise! :)

fishinfred
04-07-2007, 07:35
Hey Ron
Im here at Standing Bear Farm (HIKER HEAVEN),its about 15 degrees here and about an inch of snow fell last night,counting my blessings that I made it down out of the Smokeys.I'll probably hole up here till tomorrow .More snow expected today! I can't imagine what its like up on Clingmans right now BRRRRRRrrrrrrr! I hope everyone is keeping eachother warm up there ! Should start warming up tomorrow ......so the weather says .
Thanks for the great time I had in Franklin !!!!!
See ya at Trail Days !
PEACE!
Fishinfred

Cookerhiker
04-07-2007, 08:15
Right now, it's 25 in Frostburg in the Western Maryland panhandle with wind chill of14. Snow showers alternating with sun. It all changed last Wednesday. When I left Shendandoah NP last Tuesday, it was 80 in the valley and 74 in Frostburg. Temp dropped 40 degrees in 24 hours.

SGT Rock
04-07-2007, 08:24
snow in the smokies!

Furlough
04-07-2007, 08:55
High for today here in Baghdad was 87, no snow but we have a dust storm moving in and covering up the sun.

Furlough

SGT Rock
04-07-2007, 09:16
Hang in there Furlough. Go to the DFAC and get some crushed ice and then sprinkle it on your desk. Who knows, maybe they will even send you home early.

Gaiter
04-07-2007, 10:51
I thinking of all the hikers I meet the last 3 weekends at miss. janet's and how many of them were debating sending home their winter gear!!! don't know if any did or not, but i warned them not to!!!

Appalachian Tater
04-07-2007, 10:57
Flurries yesterday afternoon in NYC. Lots of daffodils, crocuses, and hyacinths are blooming anyway, depending on the microclimate. (Some of the daffodils already bloomed in January, because of the warm weather.)

ed bell
04-07-2007, 11:08
Looks like last night's low on Mt. LeConte in the Smokys was 1degF with 2 inches of snow. Icewater Springs Shelter is just a few miles away and about 1000ft lower. I'll bet there was some shivering going on.:cool::sun

Cookerhiker
04-07-2007, 11:36
I thinking of all the hikers I meet the last 3 weekends at miss. janet's and how many of them were debating sending home their winter gear!!! don't know if any did or not, but i warned them not to!!!

Same here. I was at Newfound Gap on March 21 and told the thrus they were very fortunate thus far to have missed cold weather but wait until late April to send home the winter gear. I hadn't hiked the Smokies in the early Spring but Scarf who was with me related her experience of deep snow and extreme cold in the Smokies the same time of year in '04.

Appalachian Tater
04-07-2007, 11:39
Harper's Ferry is a good place to send winter gear home. Anyone sending winter gear home now from Erwin is in for some very cold nights.

Lone Wolf
04-07-2007, 11:40
but wait until late April to send home the winter gear.

never send winter stuff home before mid-may

mountain squid
04-07-2007, 12:43
Last week at Springer it was in the 80s. I was telling the hikers NOT to get used to the warm weather. Hopefully, nobody did...because it did get cold. Currently it is about 35F in JC. I just hiked up to Watauga Shelter. There was about 1/2 inch of snow on the ground with lingering flurries. It was about 30F...Lows tonight expected to be in the low 20s. Wouldn't want to be on Roan unprepared. BRRRRRR...Stay warm and stay dry...:sun

See you on the trail,
mt squid

Furlough
04-07-2007, 13:46
Hang in there Furlough. Go to the DFAC and get some crushed ice and then sprinkle it on your desk. Who knows, maybe they will even send you home early.

Rock,
Early Happy Easter to you DixieCritter and the children.
Glad your back home. 67 and a wakeupfor me, unless our section gets the extension. Should know that for sure by the end of this month.

Take care,
Furlough

berninbush
04-07-2007, 14:37
24 hours ago it was 70F here in Southeast Texas. Right now it's 37F and possibly still falling. We're already below our predicted low temperature for the day. It's also raining.

If it gets colder here and does actually snow, you'll read in the news about millions of people panicking in the belief that it's the end of the world. It has not snowed here since Christmas 2004. April snow is beyond imagining, especially since we've been having Spring for a couple of months and many of the native Spring wildflowers are already past their peak.

Prepare for the Ice Age.

MedicineMan
04-07-2007, 15:06
area at 3660 feet, funny thing is though between Elizabethton had nothing and Kingsport had more than Bristol-the old salt and pepper attack....but biggest snow of the year for Ripshin

Lion King
04-07-2007, 15:14
36 right now in Dallas and snow called for...but who the hell knows>?

Im in Dalls for gods sake, get me to the woods!!!!!!!!!!

Lion King
04-07-2007, 15:15
24 hours ago it was 70F here in Southeast Texas. Right now it's 37F and possibly still falling. We're already below our predicted low temperature for the day. It's also raining.

If it gets colder here and does actually snow, you'll read in the news about millions of people panicking in the belief that it's the end of the world. It has not snowed here since Christmas 2004. April snow is beyond imagining, especially since we've been having Spring for a couple of months and many of the native Spring wildflowers are already past their peak.

Prepare for the Ice Age.
Actually it snowed a lot here two or three times in January of this year before I headed out West to hike for a month.

SGT Rock
04-07-2007, 15:19
Rock,
Early Happy Easter to you DixieCritter and the children.
Glad your back home. 67 and a wakeupfor me, unless our section gets the extension. Should know that for sure by the end of this month.

Take care,
Furlough
keep your ass down and you head on a swivel. And try not to eat too much in that Phoniex base DFAC

berninbush
04-07-2007, 15:31
Actually it snowed a lot here two or three times in January of this year before I headed out West to hike for a month.

Dallas gets snow in January. Houston typically doesn't. At least it's rare enough that young native Houstonian children believe the sky is falling when they see their first flurries.

But you have to admit that snow in April just about anywhere in Texas would be quite a rarity! I don't think it's really gonna happen.

Lion King
04-07-2007, 15:32

or never before Pearisburg...thats my motto:D

SteveJ
04-07-2007, 15:44
this is pretty normal for this time of year but there are a lot of unprepared campers out there right now freezin' thier butts off and wishing they weren't packing so lite.:)

yep - I'm just a lowly section hiker ;) , and don't want to come across as a "know it all", because I'm certainly not, but I was surprised at the number of unprepared hikers I saw this week. I had my son on the trail from Three Forks to the top of Big Cedar (we came back down and got off at Woody Gap). We hammocked at Hawk Mtn Shelter Wednesday night, and there were some very cold people Thursday morning. The 3 in the shelter had slept on what looked like 1/4" ccf pads, and all commented about "freezing" or being "really cold" all night (27 degrees at about 8:30, strong gusting winds all night). One guy had a brand new Hennessey Hammock - and tried to hang in it without a pad or underquilt...he was gone by the time I rolled out at about 8:00 am... I imagine those at Woods Hole Shelter or on top of Blood Mtn were pretty cold this morning.....

ed bell
04-07-2007, 16:22
Hey, Steve J. Glad you got out in it. I have had few chances this past winter, but I still made a few trips. Us lowly section hikers/ weekenders gotta stick together!:):sun Anyone who gets uncomfortable in the 20 degree range needs to do some serious re-evaluation of their gear. This weather will continue on and off until after April is over.

TIDE-HSV
04-07-2007, 17:10
last night, here in Huntsville, AL. Low in the mid 20s and colder tonight...

Mother Nature
04-07-2007, 17:24
Smokestack called this morning to give me an update on his hike. He was surprise how many hikers were fooled by the warm weather we had last week. One has sent back his tent planning to solely shelter. Others have chosen 35 or 40 degree bags to save weight.

I hope we don't have any problems or casualties out there. Winter isn't gone!

MN

springerfever
04-07-2007, 17:37
My daughter and I just returned from Mt. Albert this afternoon. We went up early this morning to climb Albert and spread some Trail Magic. Temperature coming up from Otto, N.C. continued to drop till it bottomed out at 15 degrees at about 0900. 'Bout an inch of snow on the ground and the rhodos were curled up like pencils.

Luckily, the winds were calm this morning when we reached the top..spectacular views and great hiking !

daves mom
04-08-2007, 07:44
i think global warming means just warming for the places that are normally cold as far as the "seasons" here in the us, we are gonna get colder as they get warmer. Maybe we will see more adept wildlife here sooner than later

Heater
04-08-2007, 08:01
Dallas gets snow in January. Houston typically doesn't. At least it's rare enough that young native Houstonian children believe the sky is falling when they see their first flurries.

But you have to admit that snow in April just about anywhere in Texas would be quite a rarity! I don't think it's really gonna happen.

Austin - Sleet yesterday and last night. It was 33 degrees at midnight.

Scaper
04-08-2007, 09:10
Typical spring in Southern Appalachians. 70 one week with snow and cold the next then back to 70 the next and so on til summer.

Skyline
04-08-2007, 09:40

That's good advice. For most NOBOs, I would add don't send home winter gear until Bland or Pearisburg.

Plenty of NOBOs hit Damascus about mid-May to coincide with Trail Days, and I would not want to advise them to send home winter gear until after they get through the High Country north of Damascus, even in mid-May.

gollwoods
04-08-2007, 10:00
tonight in bryson city it's supposed to e around21 so the A T in the smokies could be almost single digits.

unl1988
04-08-2007, 11:20
We were doing a weekend section hike (Carvers Gap to Erwin going south), It started to snow about 4 PM Friday afternoon. 14 degrees and 4 inches of snow at Cherry Gap Shelter Saturday morning, kept snowing on saturday morning as we were walking south to Erwin. It was snowing SIDEWAYS at Beauty Spot, plenty of wind helping lower the temperture. Looked pretty, but, dang, wish I would have had a heavier sleeping bag.

Along that note, I had some problems with my Hennessy Hammock, it got too cold on Friday night, ended up sneaking into the shelter. I had the Hennessy Asym tarp up, but I was getting a ton of wind between the hammock and my underquilt. Any suggestions on how to cut down on the amount of air that gets between the quilt and the hammock? I had the tarp blocking most of the wind, but it was a very windy night.

SGT Rock
04-08-2007, 11:24
Make a wind block outer. For an idea look at the JRB weathershield. I have one and like it.

SGT Rock
04-08-2007, 11:30
That's good advice. For most NOBOs, I would add don't send home winter gear until Bland or Pearisburg.

Plenty of NOBOs hit Damascus about mid-May to coincide with Trail Days, and I would not want to advise them to send home winter gear until after they get through the High Country north of Damascus, even in mid-May.

Early May 1997 I got hit by an ice storm just south of Mt Rogers. Rhime ice, frozen ground, ice cold creeks, fog so thick you get lost going off trail to piss. The people staying in the shelter had it even worse as the ice was blowing in the front and frosting their bags. I was glad I had my warm hat, gloves, polypros, and full rain gear. But honestly, that was plenty to keep me safe and comfortable.

Adding to dropping your cold stuff at Pearisburg - I spent the night at that first shelter noth of Pearisburg with a thru-hiker that had just switched out to ultralight: fleece bag instead of quilt or sleeping bag, no long clothing except a rain jacket, and no shelter except a wal-mart tarp. Sort of went ultralight without thinking about the sacrifices he wass making. Well he froze his ass off that night. So if you do drop some weight there - think about what you are doing.

Wanderingson
04-08-2007, 11:50
High for today here in Baghdad was 87, no snow but we have a dust storm moving in and covering up the sun.

Furlough

Furlough,

We just had that front move though here. Temp topped out at 39 degrees C--that would be 102.2F the sun disappeared and the sky turned brown. Then the rain came and the winds blew like crazy.

Hang in there buddy--thanks for taking care of business up north.

Toolshed
04-08-2007, 11:50
Was dayhiking on the AT in MD yesterday. Bitter cold winds whistling across the ridges. I got back to my car around 5 and for the last hour before that, I was walking through intermittent flurries. For someone who loves winter, I was kinda chilled to the bone by the time I got back to my car.
I stopped at HighRocks (RavensRock) on the way home and the wind was horrendously loud (and cold) up there.

Ron Haven
04-08-2007, 17:50
Hey Ron
Im here at Standing Bear Farm (HIKER HEAVEN),its about 15 degrees here and about an inch of snow fell last night,counting my blessings that I made it down out of the Smokeys.I'll probably hole up here till tomorrow .More snow expected today! I can't imagine what its like up on Clingmans right now BRRRRRRrrrrrrr! I hope everyone is keeping eachother warm up there ! Should start warming up tomorrow ......so the weather says .
Thanks for the great time I had in Franklin !!!!!
See ya at Trail Days !
PEACE!
FishinfredThanks to all my friends and hope all of you got out of the cold,After making this post my phone was ringing at 5:15 am that morning.I started retreving hikers as fast as I could and worked til 10:00pm last night and then made a trip to the Atlanta airport and got home by 4:10 am this morning.Was back at the Microtel by 7:15,Franklin Motel by 7:30 left for Wayah by 7:50,to Mooney Gap,by 11:00 am and did short shuttles til now 5:40.I have to finish my town shuttles and I'll sleep like a log tonight.So to some this up"to heck with snow" but it was fun.4 motels full in Franklin last night :eek:

Marta
04-08-2007, 19:23
I had four or five inches on snow on my car yesterday evening. The car was parked at Big Meadows while I was hiking in the SNP. Brrrr! Fortunately HOI hiked in some Firewater Thursday and Friday nights. That, plus winter clothing and gear, did the trick.

Marta/Five-Leaf

mweinstone
04-08-2007, 20:32
ron,.... im going to say this and i mean it. we are your sons and daughters. we feel the unconditional love. year after year you do it all for us. your dad away from home dad.i could ask you for any favor i think and i know beforehand the answer is yes. you will work till you drop and for this god will give you a long life,.....i pray. if i lost everything and had to start over like a katrina victim,.. i know exactly what i would do. exactly.i would knock on your door.

gold bond
04-08-2007, 20:50
Ron I was there this weekend and what a super job you and your crew did! I know for a fact, I was on one of the buses going to deep gap (long story!)...Ron had taken at least 75 hikers off the trail that morning. The local churches were out at the gaps, winding stair and deep, handing out hot chocolate and coffee. Alot of the hikers had sent home their winter gear because the weather there was in the 80's this past week. I stayed at Muskrat shelter with a lady who had only a 45 degree bag...it was 21 degree's when we hit the bag that night. 11 degree's when we woke up sun morning.With the wind chill I don't even want to know what the temp was!! Ron was even offering special reduced rates to hikers that needed to come off the trail.
Only gripe.....what happened to my shuttle Ron? Me and my two partners got left at winding stair gap and had to hitch a ride back to deep gap. It's ok though...we had the equipment we needed and the help you provided made up for the mix up. I really enjoyed talking with you. God bless and keep up the great work....you are truly a "Trail Angel".
As always thanks to the GA / NC AT trail clubs. The trail and shelter was in great shape. Thanks for all you guys do!

Ron Haven
04-08-2007, 21:30
Ron I was there this weekend and what a super job you and your crew did! I know for a fact, I was on one of the buses going to deep gap (long story!)...Ron had taken at least 75 hikers off the trail that morning. The local churches were out at the gaps, winding stair and deep, handing out hot chocolate and coffee. Alot of the hikers had sent home their winter gear because the weather there was in the 80's this past week. I stayed at Muskrat shelter with a lady who had only a 45 degree bag...it was 21 degree's when we hit the bag that night. 11 degree's when we woke up sun morning.With the wind chill I don't even want to know what the temp was!! Ron was even offering special reduced rates to hikers that needed to come off the trail.
Only gripe.....what happened to my shuttle Ron? Me and my two partners got left at winding stair gap and had to hitch a ride back to deep gap. It's ok though...we had the equipment we needed and the help you provided made up for the mix up. I really enjoyed talking with you. God bless and keep up the great work....you are truly a "Trail Angel".
As always thanks to the GA / NC AT trail clubs. The trail and shelter was in great shape. Thanks for all you guys do!For some reason the shuttler went to Dicks Crossing and called me at 2:30 saying "these guys never showed up" I didn't remember your trtail name.call me when you can on my cell.

Ron Haven
04-08-2007, 21:42
ron,.... im going to say this and i mean it. we are your sons and daughters. we feel the unconditional love. year after year you do it all for us. your dad away from home dad.i could ask you for any favor i think and i know beforehand the answer is yes. you will work till you drop and for this god will give you a long life,.....i pray. if i lost everything and had to start over like a katrina victim,.. i know exactly what i would do. exactly.i would knock on your door.Thanks Mattewski,If I can help you let me know.Dad,you folks picked an awfully ugly dad:eek: When I was a child I had to blind fold the dog and tie a pork chop around my neck to get the dog to let me pet it.One evening I was petting the dog and I have a mean sister who jerked off the blind fold and the dog nearly malled me to death.

bobgessner57
04-09-2007, 00:34
Saturday the trail from Sam's Gap to Big Bald was socked in with snow early. It snowed off and on all Friday night through early Saturday afternoon. Drifts on the ridge tops were up to the bottom of my knees in places and the wind was brutal in some of the gaps and on Big Bald. Forgot my thermometer but my windshirt was flapping steadily and I was being pushed around at times by the wind.

I day hiked in and out. The return trip was much warmer, snow was melted off the trail at the lower elevations and I got totally different views as the sky cleared. Lunchbox and Redneck Rye had also set up at the Puncheon Fork road to do magic and were hoping all the thru's hadn't bailed due to the invigorating weather.

Ron Haven
04-10-2007, 15:04
Saturday the trail from Sam's Gap to Big Bald was socked in with snow early. It snowed off and on all Friday night through early Saturday afternoon. Drifts on the ridge tops were up to the bottom of my knees in places and the wind was brutal in some of the gaps and on Big Bald. Forgot my thermometer but my windshirt was flapping steadily and I was being pushed around at times by the wind.

I day hiked in and out. The return trip was much warmer, snow was melted off the trail at the lower elevations and I got totally different views as the sky cleared. Lunchbox and Redneck Rye had also set up at the Puncheon Fork road to do magic and were hoping all the thru's hadn't bailed due to the invigorating weather. The trail should be full of hikers back on the trail now.Friday there were 4 motels in Franklin full.

Scaper
04-15-2007, 13:03
Snow is forecasted today from the Smokies thru Southwest Virginia above 2500 feet. Roan MT. should be a challenge this afternoon.

Lone Wolf
04-15-2007, 13:21
normal, april weather

saimyoji
04-15-2007, 13:54
normal, april weather

True that. How quickly we forget.

MedicineMan
04-15-2007, 14:26
and temp is 38F 2.5 miles from Hughes Gap, same elavation

Trajectory
04-15-2007, 14:51
How eager is the early spring bud, only to get knifed by the old man of the North. NOBOs without proper winter gear get nipped in the bud. Such is the way of nature.

Cookerhiker
04-15-2007, 18:04
Just looked at the radar map on the Weather Channel and noticed that the South is all green (rain) except for a white swath in SW Virginia. I guess you guys in Damascus are getting snow.

mountain squid
04-15-2007, 18:18
Got about an inch of the white stuff here in JC...

See you on the trail,
mt squid

Ron Haven
04-15-2007, 22:07
Got about an inch of the white stuff here in JC...

See you on the trail,
mt squid4/15/07 it is snowing again here.4pm Wayah Bald was white.

MedicineMan
04-15-2007, 22:09
depending on where you measure, extreme wind, was a wet snow and many trees down, all limbs bending to the max, current temp is 32.5F, but the most beautiful snow of the season.

TIDE-HSV
04-15-2007, 22:14
in Huntsville, AL, on Monte Sano, wet snow showers all AM long, with 25 mph gusts. Temps started out in the high thirties, sank to 35F, then did a rebound into the 40s, when the sun came out in the afternoon. What's going on???

Ron Haven
04-15-2007, 22:18
depending on where you measure, extreme wind, was a wet snow and many trees down, all limbs bending to the max, current temp is 32.5F, but the most beautiful snow of the season.
Sounds cold,Medicine Man.Look at this picture folks of hikers escaping the cold that I packed in my bus like sardineshttp://www.appalachiantrailservices.com/pics/kodak/100_0108_700.jpg

MedicineMan
04-15-2007, 22:20
When i came through your area it was balmy 40F at night, found myself in the bunkhouse with Wee Willee and Pirate...back when i was young and before your arrival i think....

Marta
04-15-2007, 22:21
It was sleeting up on Rich Mtn. when I hiked up there around 1 this afternoon. Raining down below.

Marta/Five-Leaf

MedicineMan
04-15-2007, 22:25
that is an awesome photo of NoBo's...you have to wonder how many will look at that pic 4-6 months from now and remember the joy of that bus!

Ron Haven
04-15-2007, 22:28
that is an awesome photo of NoBo's...you have to wonder how many will look at that pic 4-6 months from now and remember the joy of that bus!I hope many.I redesigned my home page on http://appalachiantrailservices.com and here is this happy crowd
http://www.appalachiantrailservices.com/pics/kodak/100_0109_700.jpg

Mountain Maiden
04-15-2007, 22:32
It was sleeting up on Rich Mtn. when I hiked up there around 1 this afternoon. Raining down below.

Marta/Five-Leaf

yes--and by early evening --4-5 inches at Tanyard gap! It is still falling here in Hot Springs, so I can only imagine what the higher elevations are like!

Last week, Max Patch was an incredible Winter Wonderland!! I was up there with my daughter and the drifts were easily 6-8 inches on the Trail!

We only stayed at the summit a short while because the snow was blowing across so fiercely. Except for the awesome experience, it was quite pointless anyway since it was nearly "white-out conditions." We couldn't see a thing beyond 8 feet in any direction!!

We have a very full house at Sunnybank and very few vacancies in town. I am sure we will hear some interesting stories from folks that were still on the Mountain when the storm came through!!

Still--it is SO BEAUTIFUL and I LOVE IT!! Bring it on!!!