PDA

View Full Version : Announcement!

blackbishop351
04-07-2007, 00:49
Happy Easter everybody!

As most of you know, Patrick McKenna has had to suspend sales of his Potomac Underquilt due to increased time demands at his "real" job.

Instead of letting this great product disappear from the market altogether, I've decided to take over production and sales of the Potomac. At least for the foreseeable future, I won't make any changes to Patrick's design or to his sales policies. And since my philosophies on business and gear are much like his anyway, if there are any changes later on they'll most likely be very minor.

I'll have a full website available within the next couple of weeks. The site will include a full product description, return policy, warranty information, installation and care instructions, and a PayPal purchasing utility. I will also be adding a couple products of my own design very soon. I'll post the URL as soon as the site is ready.

In the meantime, Patrick has all the product info you should need on his site: http://www.kickassquilts.com (http://www.kickassquilts.com/) . Feel free to email me (through my profile here) or PM me with any questions, At least for now, I'll be handling orders via email/PM as well. I'm estimating delivery time at about 2 weeks since I'm still in school until May. If you have special time restraints (an upcoming trip or something) just let me know and I'll try my best to work around them.

Anyway, I feel like the Potomac is an important part of the "hammocking gear arsenal" and I truly hope I'm helping everyone out by making it available again.

Thanks!

warraghiyagey
04-07-2007, 02:47
Happy Easter everybody!

As most of you know, . . .

Most of us? Really?
Sales threads.:( :eek: :mad:

hammock engineer
04-07-2007, 03:27
That's good news. Good to see a quality product going back into production.

hammock engineer
04-07-2007, 03:32
Most of us? Really?
Sales threads.:( :eek: :mad:

Is it bad to let hikers know about a quality hiking product made by a fellow hiker that is once again available to purchase? If so than I don't want to be right. While you are at it you might not want to look at any thread where the Jacks, Henry Shires, Cedar tree, brian, SGT Rock or a couple others start or post. All great products made and marketed by fellow WB'ers

warraghiyagey
04-07-2007, 16:07
Is it bad to let hikers know about a quality hiking product made by a fellow hiker that is once again available to purchase? If so than I don't want to be right. While you are at it you might not want to look at any thread where the Jacks, Henry Shires, Cedar tree, brian, SGT Rock or a couple others start or post. All great products made and marketed by fellow WB'ers

I get it. No excuses. It was 3:30 in the morning and it seems to be that hour that I've seen these sales threads appear and I thought this may have been another one.
And I'm overly wary of sales threads because one of the things I like about the trail is the serentity and escape of the business world. And I like WB for the same reason.
With that said I'll be checking out the products of the aforemetioned.
Peace:) :)

DawnTreader
04-07-2007, 16:07
Good to hear...As Hammock engineer pointed out, another quality piece of gear started by, and now maintained by WB'rs....Nothing wrong with that.. Underquilts are a rare commodity for us hangers...don't get your panties in a wad Warrigiyagi... You can get pissed when granite gear or osprey reps start showing up on threads....

warraghiyagey
04-08-2007, 04:57
Good to hear...As Hammock engineer pointed out, another quality piece of gear started by, and now maintained by WB'rs....Nothing wrong with that.. Underquilts are a rare commodity for us hangers...don't get your panties in a wad Warrigiyagi... You can get pissed when granite gear or osprey reps start showing up on threads....

You're a towel.

:rolleyes: :)

DawnTreader
04-08-2007, 15:09
Don't forget to bring your towel :)

warraghiyagey
04-09-2007, 01:11
Don't forget to bring your towel :)

As long as it's not cotton.:)
So Dude, will I see you in Monson????:D

DawnTreader
04-09-2007, 03:16
maybe not.. I'm going to start in Gorham.. Where I left off last summer.. Will hike until I get bored..

warraghiyagey
04-09-2007, 19:33
maybe not.. I'm going to start in Gorham.. Where I left off last summer.. Will hike until I get bored..

So if I'm going to catch you up when do I have to reach Gorham? You know what? We should just meet at Gentian Pond. Yes Yes.:)