PDA

View Full Version : Funny story

Rhino-lfl
04-07-2007, 11:57
So I was testing out my hammock setup in my backyard last night and around 3AM I was awoke by the sounds of coyotes making a fuss in the audobon woods behind me. Well I got up to go in the house to take a bio and check the digital temp, then went back out to my hammock. I was too lazy to pack my boots away when I got in because it can be a pain to get this settled since I'm still working out the kinks. Well I woke up at around 7AM, open the hammock, put my feet out and go to get my boots. Well I'm looking around and I can only find one of them. I put it on, get out of the hammock, look around, and see my other boot about 30 ft away. I wonder to myself if I dropped it there, but I wasn't drunk or anything and was pretty awake when I got back in the hammock, so then I look at some of the snow on the ground and I see paw prints. I guess the stupid coyotes were playing a trick on me in the wee hours of the morning. Stupid dogs lol, I didn't even hear them out there.

Hikerhead
04-07-2007, 13:22
Good story and another reason why I like my Clark. I place my boots in the pockets underneath. :)

RockStar
04-07-2007, 19:51
Dances with Coyotes. ;)

Rhino-lfl
05-07-2007, 15:50
I'm missing a chicken ... :(

Time to break out the bear traps and snares.

Nightwalker
05-07-2007, 16:32
I woke up in the wee AM in some shelter in VA and had to go take a leak. I stretched and groaned as I stood up, and the coyotes at the edge of the clearing started yapping some kind of "caution" call. For some reason, that made me laugh pretty loud, which made the coyotes run crying like they had been shot and beaten. I loved it, and I love coyotes.

Einstein said that when the coyotes disappeared, humans would be gone in four years. I'm just sayin'...

:sun