PDA

View Full Version : Need parking in Columbus, OH

ATSeamstress
04-07-2007, 15:04
Hi everyone,

I was hoping to find someone in or around Columbus, OH, who could help out a couple of fellow hikers.

I'm a section hiker from Indiana and my hiking partner is from Kentucky. We are planning a trip to the AT. We will leave our homes separately, and meet up in Columbus, where we would then like to leave one vehicle and ride together. We'll be gone for a week, then pick up the car on our way back.

Is there anyone out there who could provide us a safe place to park where our car wouldn't be in anyone's way, and where no one would think it's abandoned? We assume all responsibility, of course.

Thanks!
Kathy
aka Ragamuffin

kyerger
04-07-2007, 22:02
I live 2 hours north of columbus. Right off I75

Obsidian
04-08-2007, 01:17
there is a hotel near the airport (I think a courtyard marriott) and if you stay there a night you can leave your car for a week or so for free. My parents do this constantly while traveling from Columbus

Whitefish
04-08-2007, 01:22
GO BUCKS!!! Got you covered. My best friend lives 15 minutes from I-70/I-71 Interchange in a safe neighboorhood. Send me a private message and I will be more than happy to help out. FYI- We are both NOBO 2008!

ATSeamstress
04-08-2007, 19:16
Thanks, everyone for the suggestions! Whitefish, sounds like your friend is right on our way. I'll send a PM.