PDA

View Full Version : Superfeet mileage???

Rockjock
04-09-2007, 08:37
I have a pair of green superfeet in my boots and I love them. One question I have though is how many miles on average can you accumulate on them before replacing them. I currently have +/- 200 miles on them. Granted I understand that MRMV but I was just looking for some advice.

Thanks
Rock

Frolicking Dinosaurs
04-09-2007, 08:54
I replace them when the covering starts to get ragged - usually about 1,000 to 1,200 miles for me. Because the actual support is a molded plastic, it does not seem to break down like many other footbeds do.

jlb2012
04-09-2007, 08:57
my rule of thumb is that every time I replace my trail runners I get a new pair of Superfeet to go in the new shoes

Footslogger
04-09-2007, 09:02
I used Superfeet (Green Trim-to-fits) on my 2003 thru and ended up switching them out 2 times, for a total of 3 pair during the 2180 mile hike. We had a lot of rain in 2003 and often hiked in totally soaked feet so the footbeds took a pretty good beating.

As a gauge for replacing my Superfeet I looked for overall deterioration of the green padding. Also, because of excess moisture I found that the padding hardended a lot faster.

So, although a specific number of miles is pretty hard to use as a lifespan indicator for Superfeet, I felt the need to replace mine about every 700 miles or so.

Putting plans together for a PCT thru and have purchased 4 pair of Superfeet for that hike.

Hope that helps ...

'Slogger

Peaks
04-09-2007, 09:45
For me, Superfeet outlast the boots. As others have posted, look for signs of wear, like the green plastic turning white where it constantly flexes.

I didn't start off with Superfeet, so I can't say if one set made it 2000 miles or not, but with all the misc. hiking that I have done, I would not be surpised if they have 2000 miles on them by now.

Footslogger
04-09-2007, 13:22
Yeah ...I should qualify my earlier post. That referred to my thru in 2003.

I have a pair of SuperFeet in several of my trail shoes/boots that have been there for well over a year. When you're not beating them to death every day for 6 months they last a lot longer.

'Slogger

Frolicking Dinosaurs
04-09-2007, 13:26
I would think that would wear out a lot fasted while hiking than they do in everyday use. I use them in all shoes except women's dress shoes (something I don't wear any longer than absolutely necessary - usually a couple of hours a week)