PDA

View Full Version : kelty lightyear rectangular bag

johnny quest
04-10-2007, 11:16
has anybody tried this one? its only carried by cabellas and is being phased out. its a kelty lightyear, but rectangular instead of mummy. i dont care for most mummy bags as i feel the girth isnt enough in the shoulders.

jrwiesz
04-10-2007, 15:54
Considered it, tested a cheaper winter mummy bag this year. Kept me warm, but, surely felt confined. Considered a rectangular, but, I think I will try to make a quilt.

frieden
04-11-2007, 02:34
Johnny, I'm interested in a rectangular bag. Do you have a link?

Nevermind. Found it, thanks.

Jaybird
04-11-2007, 06:13
has anybody tried this one? ............etc,.............. i dont care for most mummy bags as i feel the girth isnt enough in the shoulders.

get @ least a 20 degree bag, no matter what the name brand...

also, i'd shop around for a roomier mummy bag for your shoulder dilemma.

mummy bags pack easier!

good luck w/ your hike.:D

see ya'll out there Apr 25-May 6

johnny quest
04-11-2007, 09:46
heres the link.
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0031772516827a&type=product&cmCat=search&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&QueryText=kelty+lightyear+rectangle&N=4887&Ntk=Products&Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=kelty+lightyear+rectangle&noImage=0&_requestid=10854well i made the 2 hour drive up to cabellas last night...had other business i could do, and looked this kelty rectangular over. got in it, rolled around, did the same with the lightyear mummy and a couple others. when it was all said and done i bought the kelty lightyear rectangular 25 degree bag. as i said above, its only available thru cabellas, being discontinued, and was 129 dollars before taxes.
now, as to my modification plans (do any of us leave anything alone?) ...
im thinking of having a 12 inch long zipper sewn into the folded side of the bag, at arm height, to give me the ability to stand in the bag during entry and egress of my hammock.

jrwiesz
04-12-2007, 04:38
heres the link.
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0031772516827a&type=product&cmCat=search&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&QueryText=kelty+lightyear+rectangle&N=4887&Ntk=Products&Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=kelty+lightyear+rectangle&noImage=0&_requestid=10854well i made the 2 hour drive up to cabellas last night...had other business i could do, and looked this kelty rectangular over. got in it, rolled around, did the same with the lightyear mummy and a couple others. when it was all said and done i bought the kelty lightyear rectangular 25 degree bag. as i said above, its only available thru cabellas, being discontinued, and was 129 dollars before taxes.
now, as to my modification plans (do any of us leave anything alone?) ...
im thinking of having a 12 inch long zipper sewn into the folded side of the bag, at arm height, to give me the ability to stand in the bag during entry and egress of my hammock.
Does it have a two-way zipper for the footbox?

johnny quest
04-13-2007, 10:00
yes, it had the two way zipper, fat boy drawcord, captive cord locks, inside and outside loops for connecting pads, bags, liners.....it had everyting the regular lightyears had....but was rectangular.