PDA

View Full Version : Dog Food Volunteers - Need 5

The Weasel
04-10-2007, 17:22
I'm looking for 5 volunteers about a dog food idea I am considering. Some of you will know me from other topics, and a few will know that I'm very concerned about dogs on the AT, but I also know that many people take dogs and find them great companions. I'm a long time backpacker, and tried my 'thru' in '00 (GA->VA), so I know backpacking.

I've recently learned about a dry dog food that is very light, compact and nutritious. My 50# Lab mix, likes it a lot - better than his regular food - and this food has a number of things about it that seem like it would be unusually good for backpackers. I'm considering getting involved with the company (it's very small) but I'd like to get a very small sampling of opinions about it to see if others agree with me or not. Five would be perfect.

If you backpack, and have a dog in the 40-60 lb range you take with you, and you're planning a trip in the next month and are interested in 3 days of free food, please send me a PM and I will fill you in more. If fit what I need (pretty basic, as I said: You backpack, you have the dog, you're going to take him/her for 3 days in the next month) and you agree, I'll mail you the food and a short questionaire for free. I'll take the first 5 people that fit, and that's all.

I am NOT selling this, I am NOT trying to get any money from anyone on WhiteBlaze, and I am NOT advertising this. Other than sending the questionaire back, there's no obligation of any kind.

If you're interested, drop me a note by PM. Thanks.

The Weasel

The Weasel
04-11-2007, 20:27
Well, I've got one volunteer, and hope to find a few more. This isn't either a joke or a scam. The food is good stuff, I think, and very very lightweight. Any more takers?

The Weasel

Rouen
04-11-2007, 20:30
maybe if you listed the ingredients and the manufacturer of the dog food people would help..

The Weasel
04-12-2007, 12:39
maybe if you listed the ingredients and the manufacturer of the dog food people would help..

I'll be glad to provide all of that to anyone who would seriously consider it. The ingredients are extremely high quality (I'm careful what I feed MY dog, and he loves it), and it is a new manufacturer, which is why I am interested in becoming involved. If you think you might use it for your dog (if you were comfortable with the product) and are going backpacking soon, send me a PM. As I say above, there is no cost and no obligation, other than giving me feedback after you use it.

The Weasel

frieden
04-12-2007, 13:18
We're leaving tomorrow, and I'll be carrying everything in my pack for a week. It looks like we'll be able to hit the trail for a few days. Ed's food is the heaviest thing I've got, and I'm sure everyone is interested in a lightweight option, but I didn't respond because of the same concern as Rouen. Ed eats ProPlan at home, and a high-quality cat food on the trail.