PDA

View Full Version : Trail Names that cause concern

Ramble~On
04-11-2007, 01:23
So, Say for example your trail name is "Stalker" or even worse..."Creepy Uncle" and in actuality...you're a pretty cool person that people like to pick on.....what should you do ? Well, for some the option to let the name stick is all they can do as their friends won't let it fade. In other cases...the person may find the trail name so funny that they decide to keep it.
I've known Creepy Uncle a long time and have logged several hundred hiking miles with him....I wonder if I can talk him into sharing the story of how and where that name came about.
Anybody else have any stories about trail names that stuck.....

Creepy Uncle
04-11-2007, 01:42
First of all...
I would like to apologize for not logging out before said users had a chance to write KFC related posts on my lappy.

secondly, i'm not THAT creepy. my hands are still soft and i don't speak with a harsh voice... actually, i'm not an uncle either. this is all a serious mishap whose charges were dropped back in the early 1990s. if there are any questions, you can contact my attorney at Huey, Duey and Louey at (555)555-5555. i apoligize for the misinformation, and i would prefer everyone to refer to me as innocent non-uncle from this day on.

thank you and have a nice day,

Innocent Non-Uncle

Bryforce
04-11-2007, 10:25
I seem to change my trail name each time i go section hiking. I have only been three times and plan to go on my fourth at the end of May.

1st time (week) out I had so many blister I ran out of medical tape and ended up using duct tape hence the name Silver Foot.
2nd time out I brought the wife. She was miserable. We planned a week and ended up hitch hiking out. Never had a chance to geta new name so I stuck with silver foot.
3rd time (week) went with my dad from Clearwater FL and I from Troy MI...we named ourselves Troy and Clearwater accordingly.
4th time will be a the end of May...Not sure what the names will be but my nick name among friends forever has been Bryforce...who knows maybe I will use that...

Isnt the purpose of a trail name to identify you without actually identifying you?

MikeG
04-11-2007, 14:56
im originaly from clearwater. i miss it.

Ramble~On
04-11-2007, 21:20
First of all...
I would like to apologize for not logging out before said users had a chance to write KFC related posts on my lappy.

:eek: What !....Who...? How dare they...the nerve of some people!
Probably some nonsense about atv's, sisters and beer I'll bet....yeah....those are the worst kinds.

So anyway....Creepy Uncle....rather than a nifty name change to "non-uncle" how about a nice new name like "Car Camper" ? or maybe...
"KFC KID"..... "Creepy KFC Car Camping Kid"

Anyway...does anyone have any stories about trailnames that make you wonder ? like "Privy Phantom" , "Stalker" "Sleeps with Sheep" something along those lines ?

Rhino-lfl
04-12-2007, 12:31
I ran into a guy name 'poo maker' once.

Cannibal
04-12-2007, 12:45
I'm using "cannibal" to honor my family heritage. If you paid attention in school you'll remember the names "Donner Pass" and the "Donner Party". Those brave people are hanging from one of the branches of my family tree, so it only stands to reason that as I embark on my adventure that I honor those brave, and apparently hungry, pioneers.

Rhino-lfl
04-12-2007, 12:56
I'm using "cannibal" to honor my family heritage. If you paid attention in school you'll remember the names "Donner Pass" and the "Donner Party". Those brave people are hanging from one of the branches of my family tree, so it only stands to reason that as I embark on my adventure that I honor those brave, and apparently hungry, pioneers.

Did you bury their remains or make soup out of them?

warraghiyagey
04-12-2007, 14:12
Did you bury their remains or make soup out of them?

Sounds like they're hanging to dry for jerky.:rolleyes:

Cannibal
04-12-2007, 14:14
Soup! But jerky IS lighter isn't it?

Rhino-lfl
04-12-2007, 14:35

Could have made a fine stock out of those bones.

Lumberjack
04-12-2007, 16:38
<<<<<< Dirty Old Man

RedneckRye
04-12-2007, 21:05
I've been known as Redneck for the last 9 years now. That name seems to confuse alot of people when they first meet me.
It also kinda concerned the lady at the Food Lion bakery counter in Erwin this weekend when Trips walked up and asked for a cake with "Happy Birthday Redneck" written on it.
If it is absolutely necessary, I can chew tobacco and discuss NASCAR.

warraghiyagey
04-13-2007, 01:43

Well, the native americans used jerky in stews so guess you can have the best of both worlds. . . you know. . . the obvious moral dilemma aside.
"ALIVE! - On the Appalachian Trail"
by Cannibal

I see a trilogy.;)

warraghiyagey
04-13-2007, 01:48
. . . If it is absolutely necessary, I can chew tobacco and discuss NASCAR.

Thank goodness that's rarely NECESSARY. With that said pass the Nutbeech and go Jeff Ernhardt and Dale Johnson. Woohoo!!:D

warren doyle
04-13-2007, 11:19
To the Internegators?

My name.

leeki pole
04-13-2007, 11:54
Thank goodness that's rarely NECESSARY. With that said pass the Nutbeech and go Jeff Ernhardt and Dale Johnson. Woohoo!!:D
Wow. A real redneck/nascar fan. :cool:

StarLyte
04-13-2007, 12:16
I've been known as Redneck for the last 9 years now. That name seems to confuse alot of people when they first meet me.
It also kinda concerned the lady at the Food Lion bakery counter in Erwin this weekend when Trips walked up and asked for a cake with "Happy Birthday Redneck" written on it.
If it is absolutely necessary, I can chew tobacco and discuss NASCAR.

Yep, your name most definitely does not fit you, yet I like it :D

Happy belated birthday? Mine was April 7. See you at Trail Days.

Lanthar Mandragoran
04-13-2007, 15:38
I ran into a guy name 'poo maker' once.

Wow... that's awesomely horrible

Newb
04-13-2007, 21:34
If a guy is named "creepy dude purring outside my tent with a tube of KY" should I worry?

saimyoji
04-13-2007, 21:38
If a guy is named "creepy dude purring outside my tent with a tube of KY" should I worry?

About what?

Newb
04-14-2007, 08:26
About what?

Wanna go camping?

warraghiyagey
04-14-2007, 17:16
Wanna go camping?

ummmmmmm. . . :confused:

saimyoji
04-14-2007, 20:59
Wanna go camping?

No, but I hear there will soon be lots of toga clad hippies in Damascus. Try your luck there. :eek:

Programbo
04-14-2007, 21:56
I'm using "cannibal" to honor my family heritage.....

Then maybe I should use "Buffalo Bill" because......Gwad, that`s such an obscure joke even I`m not sure I get it :p