PDA

View Full Version : Hydration Bladder Holder

Grinder
04-12-2007, 11:44
I purchased a Hydration bladder because I'm tired of carrying multiple 16 oz bottles. (It's the one from WalMart, Outdoor Recreation Group, 2 liter size )

I plan on sewing a pocket on the back of my gearskin type pack (homemade)

Can I just make a pouch, sized to fit the full bladder with a hole at the bottom for the hose to come out? It looks like it might be designed for the filler cap to be exposed. Does something need to hold the bladder up from the top? or not?

Thanks for any thoughts,
Tom

Cuffs
04-12-2007, 14:37
Just some observations...

When my water bladder is in my Osprey pack, it has tiny loops that hold it up in place. When in my daypack, there are no attachement points. I notice that when in the daypack and the water level gets low, the bladder sags/collapses/folds, sometimes cutting off the access to the hose.

I do not have this problem when the bladder is hung or suspended in Osprey pack, hung thru the loops.

frieden
04-12-2007, 14:45
Just some observations...

When my water bladder is in my Osprey pack, it has tiny loops that hold it up in place. When in my daypack, there are no attachement points. I notice that when in the daypack and the water level gets low, the bladder sags/collapses/folds, sometimes cutting off the access to the hose.

I do not have this problem when the bladder is hung or suspended in Osprey pack, hung thru the loops.

I've noticed the same problem. It's better to strap it on the top of the pack, if you're using a day pack. It should be easy enough to make your own; just look at some pack designs.