PDA

View Full Version : Osprey Atmos 50

attroll
04-12-2007, 14:15
I am going to look at the Osprey Atmos 50 pack this weekend and may buy one. I have tried it on once in the past and it seemed really comfortable.

Is there anyone that can offer some incite on this pack whether it be good or bad. I would like to know before I make the purchase.

Cuffs
04-12-2007, 14:33
I agree w/ Boston, there have been some recent threads about that same pack.

I just used mine for my Pinhoti hike and it worked just fine for me!

Earl Grey
04-12-2007, 17:15
I have the large version of this pack (3200 cu. in.) and its been great. I use everything except the ice axe loops. I have a 100oz omega reservoir in the bladder space and there are holes just for the water tubs to come out and then down over the shoulder straps. You can tell they spent alot of time engineering this pack to make it as light as possible and functional as possible.

Peaks
04-12-2007, 17:21
Why not wait a week. 20% off sale at EMS is the next weekend (April 20)

juztyn
04-12-2007, 23:12
I like it too. Had it on 2 or 3 hikes so far, its worked out pretty good. Only complaints i have are the mesh back takes up some pack space, plus with the hydration bladder in the sleeve it gets kinda cramped. but theres plenty of space outside. Shoulder straps have minimal padding too if you have a heavy load. But it carrys pretty well, youll like it

EWS
10-26-2007, 03:35
I returned mine a couple of weeks ago. The frame protruding into the main part of the pack is a bad compromise, in my opinion, when the mesh part still gets things stuffed into it. Too many pockets to for my taste, the inner water bladder pocket is useless and in the way, and the hip pockets are to small to hold anything of use. It isn't a bad pack, but just has to many quirks in the name of gear bling for me.

attroll
10-26-2007, 03:42
I love mine but I do have to agree with you about the hip pockets. They are to small for anything of use. One other thing that I do not like is that the side pockets on the side of the pack are to far back to reach. On other packs I have owned I have been able to reach the side pockets. Other then that I love my pack.

EWS
10-26-2007, 03:53
The compression straps made it akward for me to use the side pockets. I'm quite picky with my gear though too.

It is a nice pack.

sweetpeastu
10-26-2007, 11:24
I haven't had a chance to buy the Osprey Aura 65 (this is the womens version of the Atmos in a bigger version of the 50). It's quite big but I felt that the 50 was just a tad too small to offer the versatility I was lookin for. In my opinion from the experience I've had thus far with it, it carries a 30 pound load with ease and makes me feel like theres nothin in my pack. I love it. I don't have a problem wit hthe hip pocket holders. I can put my little disposable camera in one pocket along with a luna bar or cliff shots in the other...I haven't decided how I'm gonna fix my hydration bladder. If you stick it behind the mesh back panel there are little clips to secure it, but I don't have anything on my play to hook anything to anyway....it will be interesting... Hope you find what youre lookin for.

sweetpeastu
10-26-2007, 11:24
I haven't had a chance to TRY..not buy....I already bought it. lol.

envirodiver
10-26-2007, 12:36
I have Gregory Z pack which is very similar in capacity and weight to the Atmos 50. I like it a lot.

reioutlet.com currently has them on sale for $74.93, which is an awsome deal.