PDA

View Full Version : vibram five fingers??

whitefoot_hp
04-14-2007, 09:17
i tried on a pair of these the other day at a local outfitter. (outside world at dawsonville, ga) they seem really cool, but i have a few points of concern. im considering them more for a river and water sports purpose, and i think they will not go well with sand. i cringe at the thought of sand getting up in the toes. has anyone used these yet? i know that they are pretty new..

Whistler
04-14-2007, 10:31
I didn't know they had them at Outside World. I was thinking about heading up there today, so I'll have to go check them out. They look really cool.
-Mark

Chache
04-14-2007, 16:49
I have the classic which is their original. Now they have high tops that would work well in sand http://vibramfivefingers.com/

Moon Monster
04-15-2007, 20:35
I bought a pair of the Sprints directly from Vibram. I had some fit problems with the left foot, so I have ordered a larger pair. Once I'm settled in them, I'll post a review. From what I've read, these are becoming popular with para-sailing and other water sport people. I never read from them about any issues with the sand. From my trial at home, I would say the material is not penetrable by sand, though some probably could get in underneath the edge of the uppers on the tops of the feet.

Lanthar Mandragoran
04-16-2007, 11:31
I remember when the classics were launhed... I gottat say that the sprint looks really cool...