PDA

View Full Version : Sierra Zip stove...I need a pot?

nutlub
04-15-2007, 21:26
Whazup White Blazers,

I have a Sierra Zip stove and I am looking for a pot that will hold the stove when not in use. Currently I have the MSR Alpine Cookset (http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=13677&memberId=12500226&storeId=226&catalogId=40000000226&langId=-1). I've had this cookset for years...Only prob is that I have to have my pack my stove separate from my pot. Anybody out there use the Sierra Zip and have a pot they can recommend?

Thanks!
:D
nutlub

BirchBark
04-16-2007, 21:22
Whazup White Blazers,
Anybody out there use the Sierra Zip and have a pot they can recommend?

But of course.
I'm taking the Zip on my April 24th departure. Like yourself, I was looking for a pot into which the stove could nest, and after a trip to Campmor in NJ, with Zip in hand, I bought this:

http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=39166636&memberId=12500226

I'm only 99%% sure this is the exact size/model as there is no marking on the kettle or lid (threw away the packaging), but I'm quite sure this is the one. A simple measure of the Zip's diameter would settle things fore sure. Perfect fit!

fiddlehead
04-16-2007, 21:57
I used a zip stove for years. I remember i took it to a thrift store, found a pot that it fit in perfectly, bought it, took off the handle and changed the lid holder and had a pot that worked for years. I always use aluminum pots that i find at thrift stores. Now i have an old handle from an "Evernew" pot that i like that i just rivet onto a new pot when i wear one out. I think it's been on 4 pots now.

sirbingo
08-09-2007, 09:36
Hey Nut,

I'm a zip user myself....love it. Anywho, I would love to get a new pot for my zip too....did you ever settle on something.

Sirbingo

:bse

superman
08-09-2007, 11:09
When I started the AT with my zip stove I just used some cheap nothing special stainless steel pot that the stove fit into but more importantly was big enough for my lipton or knorr meals. I switched to a "can with alcohol" stove after the smokies. Pat and I use the zip on our hikes up to a week long using her titanium pan that's big enough to feed two people and spoil a dog. Yes, it is size that is important.:)