PDA

View Full Version : Started off at Springer!

Granola Mamma
04-15-2007, 21:56
Not sure if I'm doing this right, so if I've posted wrong, someone give me grace and let me know!

We started our 2007 adventures of BBB (bit-by-bit) hiking with our son 2 weeks ago! Hiked all the way up to top of Springer and it was a dream come true for me! Even met Gandalf on the way up! Going to be piecing together our hiking gear this season, just like we hike, bit-by-bit! MUDD and I will be starting our near 6 yo son's homeschool adventure on the AT and we all 3 are excited about it! Our 20 yo daughter, Nature Freak (which still may be changed, not sure yet) is not quite as excited but she's willing to give it a shot. Especially since a nasty hurt here recently when the young man she liked for nearly a year and had been waiting for to ask to court her didn't have the guts to stand up to his dad and just waffled. But that's another story. Seems at least now that NF is willing to get out where there aren't any guys for the time being and just enjoy the peace and quiet. Maybe it's just what she needs. ;)

Hope to meet a bunch of you all soon on the trail. Hoping to get up to TD in VA with a bunch of our granola goodies for folks, if we can find out how to rent a booth. Good luck to all 2007 thru hikers! We've been thinking about ya'all this weekend with the cold and rain and hope you're all warm and dry. Hang in there, 90 degrees and 100% humidity is just around the corner! :rolleyes:

bigmac_in
04-15-2007, 21:59
As you can tell by this reply, your post made it fine. Where did you go after reaching the top of Springer?

Smile
04-16-2007, 10:24
have a terrific adventure :)

Lilred
04-16-2007, 19:19
You're excitement is getting me excited. :) Have a great hike. Who's carrying the textbooks???

StarLyte
04-16-2007, 19:39
You're excitement is getting me excited. :) Have a great hike.

Yes! Same here!

Post what you did afterwards :sun