PDA

View Full Version : Hittin Dick's Creek tomorrow

Grunt
04-17-2007, 11:30
Don't usually post but sure like visiting Whiteblaze. I have found some very good advice on this site. Tomorrow my hiking bud (Hawkeye) and I will hump from Dick's Creek to Fontana Dam. This will be my second long hump and his third. Together we are 117 years young and relish the opportunity to hike the AT....He's an old Army vet and I was in the Marine Corps 37 years ago. Last September we started from Springer and made it to Dick's Creek... I have to admit that it was difficult but got easier, but the reward was great. I have found something to help the STINK....we use them on our grandchildren...they are made by Huggies and called disposable washcloth. Very lightweight....just wet them and wash away the stink.
Grunt

Ewker
04-17-2007, 11:42
have a good hike. I just finished up at Dick's Creek Gap last Friday. What you are doing will probably be my next section hike. Keep us informed on how it goes

Lilred
04-17-2007, 18:05
Grunt, have fun. Happy hiking...

gold bond
04-18-2007, 10:19
I loved the section starting at Dick's Creek into Deep gap. Great trail magic there on Easter. Food and Massages! We did not partake as I felt like I wasn't yet worthy! Did help out though and had a great time. Have a great hike!