PDA

View Full Version : 21st Century Walking Stick

sirbingo
04-18-2007, 15:53
I'm thinking of using this ultra modern walking stick for my upcoming thru...Anybody have experience with this walking stick?

Brief description: The high-quality collapsible aluminum stick extends from a packable 27" to a full 56", and has a carbide tip with a rubber cover, a removable 2" dia disk to keep the stick from sinking into soft ground, and an internal shock absorber that can be turned on or off. At the top, a 5-LED flashlight with a 90° pivot is embedded in a molded-plastic cane-style handle to light your way. For mountain trekking, lengthen the stick, slip the adjustable canvas wrist strap over your hand, and clutch the stick by the padded foam section below the cane handle. Directions, diagrams, and 1100mm to 1350mm gradations are marked clearly on the 3-draw pole. We'll pick a black or anodized red, green, blue or purple version for you.

Here is a link: http://sciplus.com/category.cfm?subsection=8&category=89
It's the third product down.

whitefoot_hp
04-18-2007, 15:58
it is remarkably cheap...

Frosty
04-18-2007, 17:44
Sounds like any of a number of hiking poles that have been on the market for years. You can't go wrong, but I'd get one without the shock absorber and light. Shock absorbers are merely annoying and make the poles hard to plant in rock fields and stream crossings, and get a headlamp for night hiking. A light mounted on a hiking pole would be all over the map, pretty useless IMO

I'm thinking of using this ultra modern walking stick for my upcoming thru...Anybody have experience with this walking stick?

Brief description: The high-quality collapsible aluminum stick extends from a packable 27" to a full 56", and has a carbide tip with a rubber cover, a removable 2" dia disk to keep the stick from sinking into soft ground, and an internal shock absorber that can be turned on or off. At the top, a 5-LED flashlight with a 90° pivot is embedded in a molded-plastic cane-style handle to light your way. For mountain trekking, lengthen the stick, slip the adjustable canvas wrist strap over your hand, and clutch the stick by the padded foam section below the cane handle. Directions, diagrams, and 1100mm to 1350mm gradations are marked clearly on the 3-draw pole. We'll pick a black or anodized red, green, blue or purple version for you.

Here is a link: http://sciplus.com/category.cfm?subsection=8&category=89
It's the third product down.