PDA

View Full Version : MD/VA/PA hiking/camping

driveby
04-19-2007, 16:07
G_man (my black lab) and I are looking for anyone to do some weekend trips in the MD/VA/Pa areas. Does not have to be AT (I prefer not to do any PA AT hiking. Been there, done that!). I am trying to get back in shape for an Aug. 2007 White Mountains</ST1:p trip, a Nov. 2007 <ST1:pWhite Mountains </ST1:ptrip, and an Aug 2008 run of the JMT. I am capable of doing 10-15 mile days. Want to try and get out several times a month.

sly dog
05-06-2007, 21:47
i'm doing the MD from 5/24-5/27 starting in harpers ferry hopefully around 4pm on thursday ending in pa on 5/27 :cool:

aaroniguana
05-06-2007, 22:30
Angus (my mastif/lab) and I would love to but we're not available that weekend, charity project. Any other weekend I can go north or south for a day from Harper's Ferry or Cumberland Gap.

aaroniguana
05-06-2007, 22:30
PS - that's one way.

c.coyle
05-07-2007, 10:51
G_man (my black lab) and I are looking for anyone to do some weekend trips in the MD/VA/Pa areas. Does not have to be AT (I prefer not to do any PA AT hiking. Been there, done that!). ... I am capable of doing 10-15 mile days. Want to try and get out several times a month.

Pennsylvania has a wide variety of very nice trails that fit your requirements. Start HERE. (http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/forestry/hiking/)

Long feet
05-07-2007, 11:07
Hey All,
I would surely love to go for a hike. I will be available the second weekend of June on. I am booked until then. Please let me know when you plan on going, as I only need a shuttle for a hike. The mileage seems perfect, and I have a dog as well, but much smaller. Thanks.

krazyvan
05-28-2007, 15:40
Check out the Loyalsock Trail or Laurel Highlands Trail...both in PA. Just finished the Loyalsock this weekend...great trail!!!

DGG
05-29-2007, 21:10
Driveby, I sent you a PM. DGG

ands52
05-30-2007, 12:29
I live in Philly and I'd love to go for a weekend trip. I have the last few weekend in July available so let me know! I also have a dog who loves hiking.

emerald
05-30-2007, 13:28
Driveby, I sent you a PM. DGG

Seems, DGG, you've found some hiking companions right here. I expect you'll find more. You might also want to check out hiking clubs in your area. You're probably likely to find more individuals interested in day-hiking and shorter trips, but there's nothing wrong with that and such trips appeal to more people for many reasons.;)

DGG
05-30-2007, 20:06
Shades of Gray,

Actually, so far, no luck. I went to a meeting of the Allentown Hiking Club, but I came away with the impression that they are interested only in day hikes. I'll give it another shot. Thanks for your encouragement.

Dennis

krazyvan
06-10-2007, 17:57
Looking to head out the weekend of June 23rd and 24th for an overnighter. I may try to incorporate a little fly fishing on this trip. No set trail but will try to stay in the North Central part of PA. Any takers? P.S. Short mile days 5-10 in and out.

Programbo
06-10-2007, 18:09
Shades of Gray, Actually, so far, no luck. I went to a meeting of the Allentown Hiking Club, but I came away with the impression that they are interested only in day hikes. I'll give it another shot. Thanks for your encouragement. Dennis

Yes but by going on those day hikes you will meet people who also go one longer trips..That`s how I first got involved in backpacking long ago...You might also want to try the Mountain Club of Maryland