spittinpigeon
04-19-2007, 21:27
I hope this works

Lone Wolf
04-19-2007, 23:58
sitting on main st. in hanover. i hate that town

warraghiyagey
04-20-2007, 00:30
Well, I can't help thinking of meeting Baltimore Jack there, so that was pretty cool. Beater, If I recall, you had a pretty good time there.:D

Nightwalker
04-20-2007, 00:34

Sitting on Laurel in Damascus ain't half bad, though. Especially NOT during Trail Days. :)

Marta
04-20-2007, 06:42
I didn't take any zeroes at Miss Janet's--I slackpacked every day I was there. That wasn't hard at all.

Marta/Five-Leaf

mweinstone
04-20-2007, 07:20
watching you beater. at noc. with your sweety. after 8 years of being alone. thats hard. you waltz in and begin swooning the woman. cool dude. you have much to teach me. miss ya.

mweinstone
04-20-2007, 07:23
thats the dude (bfitz ) standing to the right in the second shot. we all gathered round to drule and see just what does love look like on the trail. look how envious he is standing. yeah,.. you can stand envious.

Lilred
04-20-2007, 08:54
I didn't take any zeroes at Miss Janet's--I slackpacked every day I was there. That wasn't hard at all.

Marta/Five-Leaf

I've heard tell there is now a three day challenge involving Miss Janet's. The trick is getting on with your hike without staying more than three days. Sounds like you failed that one Marta :p Course, so did I :o

Marta
04-20-2007, 09:38
I failed the three-day challenge...but didn't get to stay as long as I wanted to. (I had to keep hiking, darn it.) Fortunately I live close enough that I can pop back up there for a quick fix of the magic every once in a while.

Red Hat
04-23-2007, 13:13
Never had to quit smoking, since I couldn't catch on to how to smoke back in high school when Teresa Talleri tried to teach me how. Haven't finished a thru yet either... But not stopping at Miss Janet's!!! That would be impossible!

cannonball
04-23-2007, 13:40
Quiting smoking is harder than hell. I quit cold turkey 3 months ago after smoking 2 packs per day for 35 years. My wife asks me "don't you feel better?". I say hell no, I miss my little white friends. Cigarettes never judged me, never cheated on me, were always there for me. The only thing they ever didto me was try to kill me.
I have dreams about smoking. I miss smoking sooooo much.
BTW, I have'nt thru hike or been to Hanover or Miss J's, but not smoking is some kind of trial.

Lilred
04-24-2007, 12:47
I had an amazingly easy time of quitting. I used the patch. ONce I put it on, I never even thought about a cigarette. A week and a half after I started wearing them, I forgot to put one on one day, and haven't needed one since. Haven't had a craving at all. Gained 20 pounds, but that's another thread.

Jaybird
04-24-2007, 12:58

Is "Baltimore Jack" sitting with you when in Hanover?:D

sly dog
04-25-2007, 12:57
Not only is sitting on main st. in hanover hard but try to find a overnight parking spot there!! I had approval from Darmouth Outing Club to park in one of their lots. I arived there after hours comming from Pa to hike with my brother in VT near side trail to the lookout and ending in NH and called security at DOC and he said" no way can you park here, i dont know why you people think you can park here" So i looked for any overnite parking and nothing. I had a local girl shuttle me and my car to the local hospital, had to drop it off there and hope it didn't get towed.Thank god several days later it was still there. A-hole security at DOC!!!!!

Jester2000
04-25-2007, 21:54
Sitting on Main Street in Hanover isn't hard.

I have many times sat outside at Dirt Cowboys on Main St. in Hanover, sipping some coffee, staring at college girls, pretending to read a paper while staring at college girls, talking with Jack while staring at college girls.

Wait. Maybe it is hard. . .

aaroniguana
04-25-2007, 21:59
Def quitting smoking. I'm going to try for the 5th time. Canoeing across the Potomac almost killed me last month.

cannonball
04-26-2007, 08:37
You never quit smoking, you just go into remission.

_boulder_
05-07-2007, 18:51
After 5 clean years, I picked up smoking again in late March of '06 while taking injury days at Standing Bear Farm. Finished my hike in October. Still smoking now.

warraghiyagey
05-08-2007, 02:10
I had an amazingly easy time of quitting. I used the patch. . . Haven't had a craving at all. Gained 20 pounds, but that's another thread.

20 pounds? Wow, how many calories are in those little suckers anyways?:D

DavidNH
05-08-2007, 08:28
Well what ever is so hard about sitting on Main Street in Hanover?

I could sit for hours on bench in Hanover. I refer you all to Jester's post!

David

Uncle Silly
05-14-2007, 15:53
20 pounds? Wow, how many calories are in those little suckers anyways?:D

depends. i hear the Dark Chocolate varieties have 100 fat calories per patch.

Wonder
05-14-2007, 17:32
All I know is that when I hit the treail with a bag of Drum last year....I became very popular

Nightwalker
05-14-2007, 18:53
After 5 clean years, I picked up smoking again in late March of '06 while taking injury days at Standing Bear Farm. Finished my hike in October. Still smoking now.

I had to quit about 8 bozillion times before it "took." It's been ~5.5 years now. Of course, I weighed 180 with a 15% body fat when I quit, and I'm 235 with a 300% body fat now, so...