PDA

View Full Version : escape from phily 3 starring panzer and matthewski

mweinstone
04-21-2007, 22:39
tommorow morning , sunday, hawk mountain visitors center, walk to lookout and bacon and eggs breakfast on the trail. 2 or 3 mile easy walk on sprained ankle trip!come one come all. call matthewski, 215 668 0898

mweinstone
04-22-2007, 20:21
great wonderful day with tom panzer on my beloved trail. walked a safe under five to a point above the hamburg resivior and ate a big steak i cooked to utter perfection in my ty pot on my burner with no oil , salt or pepper. chucked it in, burned it and ate it. we both agreed it was good enough for a fine resturant. it simply could not have been jucyer or more grilled flavored. i drank the juce in the pot. my first meat ever on trail was great. we then boiled four eggs soft and a half pound of canadian bacon. then 4 turky dogs were boiled and finaly, a can of steak and baked potatoe soup was shared. there were cookies and fignewtons and all manner of feasting and rompus goings on. panzer is so good to talk to . hes smart yet simple. fun yet overly planned out, tall but nimble of trailfoot and well mannered at the pig around.and his plan to hike thru needs only our egging on and encouragements to succeed.and this day hike all happened in a few short hours of planning and travel. i think benton mckee would have been glad to see his dream of providing access to us all to such a place, workes fine still.

emerald
04-22-2007, 20:25
Did you hike to Hawk Mountain Sanctuary's north lookout today? You almost talked me into joining you, but I had other ideas that wouldn't wait.

If I could manage to post photos to the gallery, I'd show you how I spent my day instead.

emerald
04-22-2007, 20:26
Strange how I do that seemingly more often than it ought to happen!

emerald
04-22-2007, 20:31
Am I supposed to have any idea what I am looking at in thumbnail #2?

mweinstone
04-22-2007, 20:39
hey grey! of all the gin joints in all the shelters on the trail,......i was hopeing youd walk into this one today. really. i said to panzer i thaught you were comming. i had a feeling. there was a disturbance in the force. not since minnesota sith have i felt such pain. you wanted to come didnt you grey.but the dark side(everyday life) was strong and kept you from your brothers. may the galaxsys rotate to align our paths one day soon. it was warm and sunny and fun and great. just like the trail allways treats me.we pigged the f out. to the fing max. where food has no meaning and burps become mere pawns in the game of stuffing oneself.oh. almost forgot we had bannanas and apples and soda and more i may have forgotten in my now traildrunken state of satedness. at the end we went to the pavillion and checked out the newly repaired pump. works! and broke out paints and brushes and made flowwers on a butterfly house. and before we started we stopped at windsor furnace shelter to rest from the walk up from the lot. about a hundred other people were there running a mountain 5 mile run for a wilderness fund.very impresive.

mweinstone
04-22-2007, 20:40
these pics show humans on planet earth.

mweinstone
04-22-2007, 20:43
you mean panzers nalgene in the streem chilling? it was warm enough!

emerald
04-22-2007, 20:44
I was playing in the woods near Eckville not far from you. Had a good time.

emerald
04-22-2007, 20:51
hey grey! you wanted to come didnt you grey.

Typed out a post last night late asking when and where you'd want to meet, but I thought better of it before I struck Submit Reply! Sorry I disrupted the force. Sounds like you did okay without me.;)

emerald
04-22-2007, 20:56
Damn! I knew there was something I had in mind to do tonight.:rolleyes:

Panzer1
04-22-2007, 21:52
The Hamburg reservoir on a perfect day.

Panzer

Panzer1
04-22-2007, 22:02
Shhhhh... Everone be quiet.... An artist is at work.

Matthewski painting the butterfly house at the Port Clinton Pavilion.

Panzer

Panzer1
04-22-2007, 22:47
Pig Fest at the Hamburg reservoir creek.
Mass quantities of food consumer by hungry hikers.

Panzer

mweinstone
04-22-2007, 22:57
we saw air force one or two. it was all white on the bottom and had the weapons bubble and was crusing faster than a jumbo commersh.it crossed the 160 degree visible sky horizon to horizon at about 7000 feet from us on the resiovor in less than two min. panzer dosnt belive it was the pres. but it was. they went southwest.id say straight in line with texas.

Panzer1
04-22-2007, 22:58
Loading up back at the truck.

A prefect day for a drive. All made it home, safe and sound by sundown.

Panzer

ps. One trip down, many more to go..

bfitz
04-22-2007, 23:11
I'm the Duke of Duncannon. I'll need a big caddilac with chandelier headlights to do trail-magic. With some red blazes on the sides.

camojack
04-23-2007, 03:36
I'm the Duke of Duncannon. I'll need a big caddilac with chandelier headlights to do trail-magic. With some red blazes on the sides.

I am the King of Prussia...and my trusty steed (http://gallery.backcountry.net/album48/aae) isn't merely red-blazed, it's completely red. :p

bfitz
04-23-2007, 03:56
I am the King of Prussia...and my trusty steed (http://gallery.backcountry.net/album48/aae) isn't merely red-blazed, it's completely red. :p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSPxTHP02Ww

camojack
04-23-2007, 04:06
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSPxTHP02Ww

Heh...my trusty steed (http://gallery.backcountry.net/album48/aae)is heavy (~800 lbs.), and it's (mostly) metal, too. :o