PDA

View Full Version : Who is going to Trail Days 2007

attroll
04-22-2007, 03:40
Who is going to Trail Dasy this year.

I set it so that everyone can see who voted. This way we all will know who is and is not going.

Vote results (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=471)

Furlough
04-22-2007, 06:14
Unfortunately not this year. I am shooting for next year In'Shallah (God Willing) as they like to say over here. I hope that all you who do get the privilege of attending will take and post lots of photos here on WB so those of us who can not be there can live vicariousily through y'all.

Furlough

TOW
04-22-2007, 09:14
I live here and unless God has another plan, I will be here..........

Gaiter
04-22-2007, 09:43
if i'm still alive, i'm working on a huge production of West Side Story (here is the link for anyone not to far from winston-salem nc http://www.ncarts.edu/performances/wss.htm, hopefulhiker's son is also working the show!) Trail Days is the weekend after the show closes and I've arranged all my class presentations around it so I have plenty of time before and after TD to get my work done.
Gaiter

Lilred
04-22-2007, 11:10
I don't know if I'll be able to go this year. If I do, it'll be driving in earrrrrly Sat morning and leaving early Sunday. My son graduates on the 18th and we're moving in another week. Then I leave for my hike on the 27th. YIKES, time crunch is on!!

Ewker
04-22-2007, 11:54
I am planning on being there. I should be there sometime Friday afternoon

Krewzer
04-22-2007, 14:23
Oh yea.................probably get there on thursday afternoon.

ImkerVS
04-22-2007, 19:41
I'm going to take a few days off from work and stroll from Watauga Lake To Damascus for Trail Days.

Footslogger
04-22-2007, 19:48
I want to ...but we leave for a week-long dive trip (yes, we have another addiction) in the Caymans on the 26th. Don't know if we're gonna be able to squeeze it all in this year.

What bugs me more than missing Trail Dayz is missing Hard Core !!

'Slogger

Pirate
04-24-2007, 13:24
I am here already.

Lion King
04-24-2007, 13:29
Ill be there.

Hiking in from Erwin aprox the 8th or 9th.

Packrat too and Blister as far as I know right now.

Anywhere I can get a shirt that says

"Would you Please just tell me your name?"

My short and long term memeory on a million different hiker faces is really bad.

Jaybird
04-24-2007, 13:36
wont be able to make it this year...just be coming off my section-hike & heading home weekend before!:D

Doctari
04-24-2007, 14:39
Ill be there.

Hiking in from Erwin aprox the 8th or 9th.

Packrat too and Blister as far as I know right now.

Anywhere I can get a shirt that says

"Would you Please just tell me your name?"

My short and long term memeory on a million different hiker faces is really bad.

I suppose that's better than needing a shirt that says "Would you Please just tell me MY name?" :p

TinAbbey
04-24-2007, 18:15
pirate, i think you just forgot to leave from last year.

Jester2000
04-24-2007, 18:18
Why isn't one of the choices "all of the cool people?"

nutlub
04-24-2007, 20:26
I know I sound like a noob here...but is there a website for this Traildays. I don't even know where or when this thing is going down?
:confused:

Skidsteer
04-24-2007, 20:56
I know I sound like a noob here...but is there a website for this Traildays. I don't even know where or when this thing is going down?
:confused:

Sure thing: http://www.traildays.info/

Ron Haven
04-24-2007, 22:16
Who is going to Trail Dasy this year.

I set it so that everyone can see who voted. This way we all will know who is and is not going.

Vote results (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=471)I am sure hoping nothing gets in my way :D

spittinpigeon
04-25-2007, 01:08
I know I have a ride, I just haven't found out from who.

Ox97GaMe
05-04-2007, 11:30
I will be there. With the big, bright orange awnings. Stop by and grab a soda and snack while you are there.

Gadog430
05-04-2007, 11:50
I'll be there. Don't forget to come by the Anti-Gravity Gear booth for some grub Friday night starting at 6:30 p.m. Tin Man and I have our annual 'Friends BBQ'. Grub is good man. We are asking that if you want to contribute...please bring a side dish. We will furnish the rest.

Also, I will be leading an 8.5 mile walk Saturday morning at 8:30 from the ABINGDON end of the Creeper and going to the Alvarado Station. I have shuttlers waiting to pick us up there. So if anyone wants to join me...the more the merrier. Several have already expressed an interest.

Email me with any questions at [email protected]

Dawg

atbeatle
05-04-2007, 12:01
Beatle will be there. Anyone else from '82 or will I be the only old fart.

Lion King
05-04-2007, 12:33
I suppose that's better than needing a shirt that says "Would you Please just tell me MY name?" :p

That one I may need Saturday night around Billvile at 4 am.

hammock engineer
05-04-2007, 13:30
I'll be there Thrusday or Friday. Hopefully I'll run into a few other SOBO's there.

camojack
05-04-2007, 15:03
I'll be there Thrusday or Friday. Hopefully I'll run into a few other SOBO's there.

Thrusday?! Is that when all the thru-hikers get there? Inquiring minds, an' all... :-?

hammock engineer
05-04-2007, 15:25
Thrusday?! Is that when all the thru-hikers get there? Inquiring minds, an' all... :-?

What can I say my mind works in terms of numbers, symbols, code, and equations. Words are secondary.;)

Nightwalker
05-04-2007, 16:13
I'm expecting a first grandson on the 18th or thereabouts. Since there'll--probably--be more TDz and I've only got one daughter, I'm gonna have to give it a miss.

Of course, I could bring her along. Wouldn't that be a spectacle at Billville around 4 AM Saturday morning!

TJ aka Teej
05-04-2007, 16:42
Traildays always coincides with Baxter Park's opening weekend. I'll be at Trail Days North - again!

camojack
05-04-2007, 16:51
What can I say my mind works in terms of numbers, symbols, code, and equations. Words are secondary.;)

Understood. I know about engineer types...my girlfriend is one. :rolleyes:

camojack
05-04-2007, 16:53
I'm expecting a first grandson on the 18th or thereabouts. Since there'll--probably--be more TDz and I've only got one daughter, I'm gonna have to give it a miss.

Of course, I could bring her along. Wouldn't that be a spectacle at Billville around 4 AM Saturday morning!

Well "gramps", those first 'uns are often late... :D

mweinstone
05-04-2007, 18:36
max my son was late two weeks. and for homeroom and studthall today. why dont you do this. do like cammo does and fly home if you must. its easy. listen nightwalker, you need to come. its folks like you we need in case too many onlookers come who arent hikers. we need each and every one. you come now mister. hire a speedy driver to stand by. bring the delivery and a midwife to this good vibe affair and the kid wont skip class like mine , born in a deadening hospitol. common. in your primitive gut brain you know im right. but your wooped city head brain is in charge for some reason. your brain is like,..... like,....bush.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
05-04-2007, 20:17

Of course, I could bring her along. Wouldn't that be a spectacle at Billville around 4 AM Saturday morning!Shades of Woodstock.

Congrats to you on the first grandson -- and I'll bite you on the toes if you don't send me a pic when he arrives. :D

Red Hat
05-05-2007, 15:53
Last year my grandson was due the end of May... I made Traildays, then headed over to Petersburg just in time for his birth. Cool! This year I'll head over for his first birthday after Traildays. Perfect timing!

TOW
05-05-2007, 16:42
I'll be there. Don't forget to come by the Anti-Gravity Gear booth for some grub Friday night starting at 6:30 p.m. Tin Man and I have our annual 'Friends BBQ'. Grub is good man. We are asking that if you want to contribute...please bring a side dish. We will furnish the rest.

Also, I will be leading an 8.5 mile walk Saturday morning at 8:30 from the ABINGDON end of the Creeper and going to the Alvarado Station. I have shuttlers waiting to pick us up there. So if anyone wants to join me...the more the merrier. Several have already expressed an interest.

Email me with any questions at [email protected]

Dawg
Gaddog, if I can be of service to you let me know..........

TOW
05-05-2007, 16:45
max my son was late two weeks. and for homeroom and studthall today. why dont you do this. do like cammo does and fly home if you must. its easy. listen nightwalker, you need to come. its folks like you we need in case too many onlookers come who arent hikers. we need each and every one. you come now mister. hire a speedy driver to stand by. bring the delivery and a midwife to this good vibe affair and the kid wont skip class like mine , born in a deadening hospitol. common. in your primitive gut brain you know im right. but your wooped city head brain is in charge for some reason. your brain is like,..... like,....bush.
matty, keep talking to him, he might just come to his senses...............:D

peter_pan
05-05-2007, 19:47
Smee and I will be there....Stop by and say hello.... or hang out a while in the new Bear Mtn Bridge Hammock.....Yup, even works for stomac sleepers.

Pan

Nightwalker
05-06-2007, 16:15

I love you man. No idea why.

Newb
05-06-2007, 19:08
I'll be there. Be nice to me. I'm very sensitive.

Nightwalker
05-07-2007, 04:51
Well "gramps", those first 'uns are often late... :D

The granddaughter, my daughter-in-law's first child, was two days early! You just never know...

:)

Nightwalker
05-07-2007, 04:55
listen nightwalker, you need to come. its folks like you we need in case too many onlookers come who arent hikers. we need each and every one. you come now mister.

BTW, Pirate and the Wolf Cub are much mo' "real" than I am, and they're already there. I will admit that I'll miss your corncob pipe, however. It's been awhile since I bobed, and that would probably cross my eyes real special-like. :)

Lone Wolf
05-07-2007, 08:59
BTW, Pirate and the Wolf Cub are much mo' "real" than I am, and they're already there. I will admit that I'll miss your corncob pipe, however. It's been awhile since I bobed, and that would probably cross my eyes real special-like. :)

we got "real' trashed lately. too many hikers in town.

StarLyte
05-07-2007, 09:40
Arriving Thursday evening....visiting friends first....eat, drink, photograph.

ALDHA.

You'll be missed Nightwalker.

See you all real soon.

mweinstone
05-07-2007, 12:04
i just made gorp. its good. maby my best. trail days is inspiring. im allready in a good mood. weird? anyway, m and m's, droste extra dark discs, marshmallows, ginger snaps, chili lime cashews, gummie bears, sweetarts,fudge and snickers. i think that about sums up how alot of folks are feeling around here. it was the addition of sweetarts that gave it the kick ive been searching for. metaphysicaly speaking, its like adding froliking dinosaurs to the mix. sweet,.. with a bite! i should say ,...metaphysicaly spelling.........

mweinstone
05-07-2007, 12:10
ill keep my robot slaves working day and night on the secrets of adding gum to gorp . when i discover a way to make it safe, i will have crossed into new areas of gorp phisicks. it will be a new age of gorp. the matthewion era.once ive added gum, i will discover a method of incorperating general toa's chicken.

Nightwalker
05-07-2007, 13:57
we got "real' trashed lately. too many hikers in town.

Ah, come on, bro. You know you love it. I had been wondering if you had been able to keep up with the Pie Rat.

Is Tricks still around? Any more trips to the hobo camp?

I'm sorry that I'm not gonna see you'se guys during trashed dayz, but I'll see you soon--when there aren't 10,000 drunk folks around.

Hasta la pasta,
FrankenLooper the Nightwalker

Nightwalker
05-07-2007, 13:59
You'll be missed Nightwalker.

See you all real soon.

One of the big disappointments is missing seeing my favorite Deborah Harry impersonator. (Yup. That was me. Did ya guess?)

I'll see ya soon, beauty queen. Or at least I'll call ya from the trail somewhere. :D

Nightwalker
05-07-2007, 14:02
Y'all should not let me post when I've had two hours sleep in the last 24. I'll be crying soon. My eyes are leaking already. I'll really miss you guys, but mebbe I'll get to the gathering. Soruck for sure.

Big sigh...
NightWhiner

Skidsteer
05-07-2007, 17:44
i just made gorp. its good. maby my best. trail days is inspiring. im allready in a good mood. weird? anyway, m and m's, droste extra dark discs, marshmallows, ginger snaps, chili lime cashews, gummie bears, sweetarts,fudge and snickers. i think that about sums up how alot of folks are feeling around here. it was the addition of sweetarts that gave it the kick ive been searching for. metaphysicaly speaking, its like adding froliking dinosaurs to the mix. sweet,.. with a bite! i should say ,...metaphysicaly spelling.........

Chili lime cashews?

Where does one buy these? Seriously. Don't play. I gotta try some.