PDA

View Full Version : Water in Georgia??

iesman69
04-24-2007, 09:56
If this question has already been answered elsewhere on WB, pls forgive me -- but does anyone have info on current H2O availability on GA AT section? I'll be leaving in 4 weeks to do the GA section(my 1st long distance hike), and would like to have some idea of what others are finding -- or not finding!

Phreak
04-24-2007, 11:16
You'll have no issues with water in Georgia.

Good luck on your hike!

Tumblerisk
04-24-2007, 11:32
This is off your original topic, but I'm going to be doing the Georgia Section around the same time. Specifically, leaving Springer on 5/19. What is your start date?

Have you figured out transportation yet? My current plan is to take a car up to Blue Ridge gap near the GA/NC border and then have my wife take me back down to Springer via FS42. However, I'm open to alternative ideas like a shuttle service.

iesman69
04-24-2007, 12:00
Thanks Phreak! I just wanted a little reassurance!

Tumblerisk, I'll be a week behind you! My plan is to start on 5/26 with the Approach Trail and get the GA section done on or about 6/2-6/3. I don't know much about doing the shuttle thing?

peanuts
04-24-2007, 12:02
well there is no water between cooper and justice creek. so load up before you start to climb up! there is a thread about thar secion and water availability. can't not find it now. look for in

tech30528
04-26-2007, 20:34
I live here in north Georgia. I can get to Unicoi Gap or Neels Gap in about 40 minutes. I never carry more than a liter of water here. I have a Katadyn filter pump, so I don't need much of a stream to pump from. Any time I've run dry has been my own fault for trying to stretch it too far. Water is not an issue here.

veteran
04-26-2007, 23:13
well there is no water between cooper and justice creek. so load up before you start to climb up! there is a thread about thar secion and water availability. can't not find it now. look for in

Try this link (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=22983&highlight=sassafras+mountain).

kyhipo
04-27-2007, 07:58
just got back from hike thru their water very plentiful and hiking very nice!I would say things should be blooming more about now.ky